CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Martin H 30-11-2022 06:11 PM

Trades people that just ignore emails and texts rather than explain that they are booked up. Like a black hole - and of course then are put out when you go elsewhere for help.

Reps AJ 30-11-2022 06:35 PM

You both inspired me to post on the things that make you happy thread

Lingfield Eagle 30-11-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle (Post 16745188)
Tradesmen. I need laminate flooring laid in two rooms. I've contacted four people. Two have ignored me outright, one eventually came to have a look, promised me a quote and then ignored me and the fourth one has quoted and given me approximate dates but is charging far higher than expected. Unfortunately one of the rooms is quite tricky if not I'd have attempted it myself.

In fairness one has actually just come back to me, offered me a decent quote and will get it done by Xmas. Maybe he read my moan! I take some of it back.

cranesparkeagle 30-11-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16743573)
Are you a middle lane wanker?

Certainly not, and Im not just thinking of motorways but it happens on A roads as well

LN1 30-11-2022 09:56 PM

Planning hotels and flights around Chelsea (A) on the Saturday and then they move it after the TV fixture announcements :veryangry

If the Brighton (H) game gets moved I will probably turn green and go on a rampage!!!

Maidstoned Eagle 01-12-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 16745290)
Certainly not, and Im not just thinking of motorways but it happens on A roads as well

People undertake you on A roads? Are these dual carriageways?

Maidstoned Eagle 01-12-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16745466)
Planning hotels and flights around Chelsea (A) on the Saturday and then they move it after the TV fixture announcements :veryangry

If the Brighton (H) game gets moved I will probably turn green and go on a rampage!!!

Welcome to my world, haven't seen Palace play live for over 8 years now due to TV scheduling moves.

PalaceForever 01-12-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16741879)
ITV X is absolute dog shite

Agree. Why canít I watch ITV1 live on my mobile? It says ďwe donít know where you areĒ, even when I use a VPN and set my location to London. If I use my laptop, itís fine. I wish ITV would just stop showing football and leave it to the BBC.

cranesparkeagle 01-12-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16745670)

Well yes, funny that.

Reps AJ 01-12-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16745670)

Isn't it a bit hard to undertake if it's not a dual carriageway?

Also, people who tootle along at 40mph in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway*

*Not directed at cranesparkeagle

Maidstoned Eagle 01-12-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 16746089)
Well yes, funny that.

So you hog the outside.lane?

Santos-er 01-12-2022 11:50 PM

That within the last month asking Alexa to play a song now gets some "shuffled with similar songs" bullshit message, and some random shite... Preferred it when I occasionally got told to subscribe to Amazon music once in a blue moon - mainly when I asked for some obscure 80's tune.

Back to Spotify then... **** you Bezos.

Isle of Wight 02-12-2022 12:13 AM

Bloody hate it.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-12-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16746376)
That within the last month asking Alexa to play a song now gets some "shuffled with similar songs" bullshit message, and some random shite... Preferred it when I occasionally got told to subscribe to Amazon music once in a blue moon - mainly when I asked for some obscure 80's tune.

Get a decent MP3 player and **** em all off

Isle of Wight 02-12-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16746519)
Get a decent MP3 player and **** em all off

I dumped spotify a year or so ago. Dont really miss it. Prefered the old Amazon playing the odd song with out all this shuffle bollocks. Simply dont listen at all now just play my MP3's as the mood takes me. Downloaded Uriah Heep last night for a bit of a change.

Martin H 02-12-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16746376)

I use Qobuz and have done for years but occasionally get 'the lady' to play us a song. as a result I haven't quite got my head around the new service but I did ask it to play a song and it then tripped off into songs from the same era/style and TBH on the day it proved pretty useful.

If that's all it does then it would be a bit lame I agree but according to the blurb you can ask it to shuffle play any album and a whole load of playlists etc. so TBH for effectively free (i.e. I would subscribe to Amazon regardless) then I would think most people could get to hear what they wanted?

Huge caveat that I haven't really tried anything.

What I really don't like is how the lines between prime and music are so blurred (deliberately in the comms/marketing) that I get stressed about inadvertently using/signing up for Amazon music which I think still exists. I am OK with how they market generally but whoever runs their music marketing has it terribly wrong IMHO.

Maz 02-12-2022 02:03 PM

I play music I own.

:angel::angel::angel:

west country boy 02-12-2022 02:16 PM

That's because you are old. Mind you, so do I.

Maz 02-12-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16746606)
That's because you are old. Mind you, so do I.

Thatís true of course. But some pieces of music you really do need to commit to in order to appreciate them fully. And I doubt if I would do that unless I actually owned them.

west country boy 02-12-2022 02:25 PM

Agreed.