CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Chocky 25-08-2015 05:03 PM

Worst thing that could happen to them moving there. At least that frees up an area to build some more Halal butchers and they won't have to look at their plastic Lego towers any more.

simplex 25-08-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 12544718)
Toilets in America. Why are they so wide and shallow and full of water? Its like taking a dump in a wok full of water about an inch away from your arse.

And gaps in cubicle walls so you can be seen whilst having dump/pee/tug

kolinkins 25-08-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 12545154)
And gaps in cubicle walls so you can be seen whilst having dump/pee/tug

And the short doors and massive gaps at the base of the door.

Chris K 25-08-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 12545063)
Going into high street coffee chains and asking for a Coffee then getting `that` look and being asked which one and when you reply "flat white" they don`t know what you`re talking about.:veryangry

This and the grande thing, piss off. I've made it a point when on the odd occasion I'm in a Starbucks to always ask for a small/medium/large and never any of that shite

TopKnot 25-08-2015 06:14 PM

YES! to both of the above :D

Chocky 25-08-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Going into high street coffee chains and asking for a Coffee then getting `that` look and being asked which one and when you reply "flat white" they don`t know what you`re talking about.:veryangry

I must've been away too long because I'm f*cked if I know what a 'flat white coffee is"? WTF? How about a 'white coffee' or 'plain white coffee' dash of milk.... if you're in a poncey coffee shop get f*cked. Flat my arse. Australian shit talk.

Next time I'm over in Pret a Wanker must remember to order a cup of flat tea with no koala spunk.

CT_Palace 25-08-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 12545189)
This and the grande thing, piss off. I've made it a point when on the odd occasion I'm in a Starbucks to always ask for a small/medium/large and never any of that shite

was in McDonalds yesterday, asked for a small Big Mac meal and was told "medium or large".
Me: What?
Her: Medium or large - we don't do small.
Me: I don't give a flying what you call it just give me the smallest fries and drinks portion you have.

Chocky 25-08-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12545225)
was in McDonalds yesterday, asked for a small Big Mac meal and was told "medium or large".
Me: I don't give a flying what you call it just give me the smallest fries and drinks portion you have.

Period.

Fatboy 25-08-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Coffee snobs
;)

Chocky 25-08-2015 07:21 PM

Never mind about coffee I had a mate on holiday who asked for just the pizza base nothing on it, the bloke taking the order was confused (why wouldn't he be?) and asked if he was being serious, he just wanted dough? 'No' matey said 'wiv the tomatah and cheese of course' looking at him as if he was stupid. "You mean a Margherita?"...."what's that then?".

civil eagle 25-08-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12545257)
Period.

Hasn't CT gone through the menopause, I thought he was old enough to have

chrisophiex 25-08-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12545303)
Never mind about coffee I had a mate on holiday who asked for just the pizza base nothing on it, the bloke taking the order was confused (why wouldn't he be?) and asked if he was being serious, he just wanted dough? 'No' matey said 'wiv the tomatah and cheese of course' looking at him as if he was stupid. "You mean a Margherita?"...."what's that then?".

I always think a Margherita is a pizza that's had all the toppings slip off whilst in transit !

CT_Palace 25-08-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil eagle (Post 12545337)
Hasn't CT gone through the menopause, I thought he was old enough to have

HRT ;)

danpalace07 26-08-2015 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12545201)
I must've been away too long because I'm f*cked if I know what a 'flat white coffee is"? WTF? How about a 'white coffee' or 'plain white coffee' dash of milk.... if you're in a poncey coffee shop get f*cked. Flat my arse. Australian shit talk.

Next time I'm over in Pret a Wanker must remember to order a cup of flat tea with no koala spunk.

A flat white is similar to a cappuccino, in fact it basically is what a capp should be, not the frothy shit you get at Costa etc

my drink of choice

mroakley9 26-08-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12545225)

danpalace07 26-08-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman (Post 12545048)
I swore at some tourists at Leicester Square tube recently for not only standing on the left, but actually taking bastard selfies of themselves whilst doing it.

In hindsight it probably should have been an uppercut to the back of the head.

just shove the ***** to the side, if they can't be bothered to read signs or look up our city's customs then **** em

Mr Statto 26-08-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 12542525)
People on planes who rush to stand up when it lands, knowing they can't go anywhere.

I have to confess I got up quite quickly when we flew recently - largely because my knees were really starting to get unhappy about being locked in place for 3 hours. The relief when I stood up (even if I was restricted to standing where I was) was palpable

Worksop Palace 26-08-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 12546817)
A flat white is similar to a cappuccino, in fact it basically is what a capp should be, not the frothy shit you get at Costa etc

my drink of choice

:D

WLYWLYAWYPWF 26-08-2015 09:52 PM

Saggy tits

Johnnieboy 26-08-2015 09:56 PM

Paying 100 odd for my television licence, and being expected to be happy with "prime time" BBC1 coverage of people baking cakes

(just checked, it's 145 - even worse!)