CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Voldo 09-06-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paf
seriously, loking on hotukdeals, it really does make a LOT more sense to buy one contract free and then take a 20 a month simplicity sim only tarriff that includes unlimited net, would save you hundreds of pounds.

I do have simplicity already...maybe i will look into that

Dave 09-06-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paf
Android is a much better PHONE, is far more open source and a lot less expensive. It does have less apps, but all of the essential ones have been replicated or ported. It does not have a virtual carlsberg pint taking advantage of the accelerometer, so I guess you win.

Great insight there.

You are making melody look savy

paf 09-06-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave

You are making melody look savy

steady?

well the lack of multitasking 3rd party background apps is something I didn't know about before, and push email still not working, is that correct?

KingsleY 09-06-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paf
steady?

well the lack of multitasking 3rd party background apps is something I didn't know about before, and push email still not working, is that correct?

Works fine, and always has done for me

Dave 09-06-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paf
steady?

well the lack of multitasking 3rd party background apps is something I didn't know about before, and push email still not working, is that correct?

Dude, what are you even doing posting on the Iphone thread.

gadford4th 09-06-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voldo
I do have simplicity already...maybe i will look into that

I inquired into this as have simplicity already. They set you wouldn't have access to The Cloud wireless network if you got an iphone with simplicity. It doesnt make all that much difference but your browsing speeds would be slower.

Or at least I think that's what they said.

Dave 09-06-2009 08:39 PM

Cloud is pretty poor imvho, 3g, even 02's 3g can be faster

jookbeard 09-06-2009 08:42 PM

I'd like to see a piccie of the app with the pint of beeer

KingsleY 09-06-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadford4th
I inquired into this as have simplicity already. They set you wouldn't have access to The Cloud wireless network if you got an iphone with simplicity. It doesnt make all that much difference but your browsing speeds would be slower.

Or at least I think that's what they said.

I've never managed to log onto a cloud network which is faster than the same 3G data connection in the area

James 09-06-2009 09:08 PM

Those prices are ridiculous.

In a way, I am pleased, because it means that I can happily stick with my jailbroken 3g model and not worry about this over-priced new kid on the block (at least until the prices come down, which surely they must).

UEAgle 09-06-2009 10:09 PM

34.26 a month tariff

600 mins, 500 texts - are those minutes anytime minutes?

Dave 09-06-2009 10:32 PM

yar

Niceaction 09-06-2009 10:32 PM

how long after a software update does a jailbreak come out?

Ridcully 09-06-2009 11:06 PM

It's o2 that pisses me off not apple, crapiest phone network I've ever used.

Dave 09-06-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
It's o2 that pisses me off not apple, crapiest phone network I've ever used.

AT & T are alleged to be as bad

Quote:

how long after a software update does a jailbreak come out?
Rather depends and of course there is no guarantee that 3.0 will be cracked

James Melody 09-06-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Works fine, and always has done for me

Works fine for me but chews into battery life at a bonkers rate.

jookbeard 09-06-2009 11:28 PM

a lass I know constantly flattens her Iphone battery to such an extent you can never contact her because she's always flattened the bugger

Ridcully 09-06-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
AT & T are alleged to be as bad

Quite unbelievably I think they are worse. No signal at all today at Lords, inexcusible. 15 quid a month for that turd of a network on top of the 45 I pay already, you're having a laugh. I love my iPhone but apple seriously dropped a bollock choosing o2 and giving them exclusivity.

On the upgrade, there's not enough there for me. I'd like a better camera and the ability to run apps in the background without killing the battery. At the moment googleapp connectivity is more important to me than the extras the s brings at those prices.

KingsleY 10-06-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Melody
Works fine for me but chews into battery life at a bonkers rate.

Got back from holiday yesterday, and with Data roaming off, the batter lasted a hell of a lot longer, no push e-mails, no trying to get 3G signal all the time. Really shows how much it uses

James 10-06-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Quite unbelievably I think they are worse. No signal at all today at Lords, inexcusible. 15 quid a month for that turd of a network on top of the 45 I pay already, you're having a laugh. I love my iPhone but apple seriously dropped a bollock choosing o2 and giving them exclusivity.

On the upgrade, there's not enough there for me. I'd like a better camera and the ability to run apps in the background without killing the battery. At the moment googleapp connectivity is more important to me than the extras the s brings at those prices.

I was at Lords yesterday and also couldn't get a 3g signal. This seems to be usual when there is a large(ish) crowd. The trick is to turn off 3g - since Edge appears to work fine in those circumstances.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.