CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Terrace Bickle 08-02-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usaythatuloveme (Post 14637694)
most of the advice this twat gives out is questionable at best, really irritating man

Twat, really? I think you need to look at yourself.

Salad_Burnet 08-02-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 14637607)
That grieving seems to have become a competitive public sport, even when you've never met the deceased.

Show some bloody respect!

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 08-02-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14637690)
Getting a flat tyre....squirting that magic potion into the tyre and then having to drive home no faster than 30 mph.

Iíve never been so harassed and abused by fellow drivers. I couldnít go any faster than the stated 30 mph and had no gesture to tell the many followers I couldnít go any faster (was legally allowed to drive at 60 mph).

You don't have a spare? They give you some spray instead? And you have to drive at 30 on a 60 limit road? Wow. At least they could give you a sign to hang in your back window to go with the spray or something. That sounds really f**ked up on so many levels. Tell us more, please :)

Terrace Bickle 09-02-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 14637739)
Show some bloody respect!

Showing respect is fine, turning things into a circus isn't showing respect.

Hedgehog 09-02-2019 02:27 AM

Inadvertently finding yourself driving past a high school at kicking out time on a Friday afternoon. FFS!

A million vehicles picking up half the little darlings, and the other half thinking that crossing the road is a God given right that has zero to do with any highway code.

No wonder the youth today feel entitled...

strawberry mivi 09-02-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14637677)
I should add that I was in the Elgin Eagle camp, but apparently he has been removed from the ballet... some kind of Russian interference was unearthed.

Yep, he got too Bolshoi.

chrisophiex 09-02-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14637740)
You don't have a spare? They give you some spray instead? And you have to drive at 30 on a 60 limit road? Wow. At least they could give you a sign to hang in your back window to go with the spray or something. That sounds really f**ked up on so many levels. Tell us more, please :)

No space for a spare in a mini. I did the repair work so to speak. It was only a 15 min drive back to home, but took a little longer than usual :)

I tried making a gesture of a wheel out the window but in hindsight god knows what that looked like.

There must have been a queue of around 40....all beeping and flashing. It was an odd road, as there was literally no place to pull over and let them pass, and it was no overtaking all the way!

Worse thing is it was my business car and had my business logo all over it :afro:

I ended up joining in and beeping my horn just as much.

jjeagle 09-02-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14637942)
Yep, he got too Bolshoi.

:supergrin:

the digger 09-02-2019 10:56 AM

Polite rejection of my socio-sexual advances

Stellavista 09-02-2019 06:02 PM

Gated 'communities'

richdeniro 09-02-2019 11:45 PM

Those that continue to watch tv shows and movies on their iPad or phone after they have got off trains/tubes so are walking along crowded platforms at a snails pace. Especially annoying when they're in front of you walking down the steps at Brixton train station.

Purepalace 10-02-2019 02:06 AM

Neil 'Colin' Warnock's hair.

Been bothering me for sometime.

It seems to all sprout from one small area located just above his Klingon forehead, approximately 6" above his nose, and then, mysteriously volumnises (doubt that's a word but it does the job), out into the all head encompassing bouffant that we see today.

https://img.techpowerup.org/190210/neil-warnock.jpg

thefox 10-02-2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14637970)
No space for a spare in a mini. I did the repair work so to speak. It was only a 15 min drive back to home, but took a little longer than usual :)

I tried making a gesture of a wheel out the window but in hindsight god knows what that looked like.

There must have been a queue of around 40....all beeping and flashing. It was an odd road, as there was literally no place to pull over and let them pass, and it was no overtaking all the way!

Worse thing is it was my business car and had my business logo all over it :afro:

I ended up joining in and beeping my horn just as much.

Minis have a spare wheel. The spare wheel well had a habit of rusting away.

TopKnot 10-02-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14640322)
Neil 'Colin' Warnock's hair.

Been bothering me for sometime.

It seems to all sprout from one small area located just above his Klingon forehead, approximately 6" above his nose, and then, mysteriously volumnises (doubt that's a word but it does the job), out into the all head encompassing bouffant that we see today.

Never noticed that as I canít get past his eyebrows

Stellavista 10-02-2019 01:19 PM

That gym cycling advert. Any perfume or car advert. Peston and Marr. Dan Snow. Ringo Starr. Sunday supermarket opening hours. Endless emails offering optimisation of my website. Endless emails asking for feedback on some insignificant piece of shit I bought online.

Purepalace 10-02-2019 02:12 PM

Worksop Palace 10-02-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14640943)

Excellent point

Wayne Andrews is God 11-02-2019 11:59 AM

The word ‘toxic’ used as a blanket term for everything bad now. It’s a buzzword rather than anything descriptive.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-02-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14640375)
Minis have a spare wheel. The spare wheel well had a habit of rusting away.

Not the new ones.

Many modern cars have done away with a spare or even the "space saver" wheel.

thefox 11-02-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14642200)
Not the new ones.

Many modern cars have done away with a spare or even the "space saver" wheel.

:D