CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Jim Cannon 18-12-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 12119977)
People that can't distinguish between 'bought' and 'brought'

A similar one is people who cannot get basic English right and say "I would of" or "I could of" instead of "I could have"

Brett 18-12-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12119957)
Some of the coaches I've witnessed have been worse.

What's really sad about this is they grow up expecting to be coached in that manner. Two of my players actually told me last week they don't listen to me simply because I don't rant and rave and litter every sentence with the 'c' word.

So I've handed over the duties to someone who will. :(

Reps AJ 18-12-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC (Post 12119949)
Seeing clueless parents on sidelines shout/give incorrect information to children playing Football. Although its mainly the shouting, it does much more negative than positive for the child believe me. We've all seen them.

In our case, it was the coach of the U8s team. What a twat. It's taken about 2 years to get the little 'un back into enjoying football

Yoda 18-12-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC (Post 12119949)
Seeing clueless parents on sidelines shout/give incorrect information to children playing Football. Although its mainly the shouting, it does much more negative than positive for the child believe me. We've all seen them.

In one of my son's school teams I used to dread it when a certain boy played up front. He was tall with some skill, but chunky and unfit.

As soon as our team had the ball, his loud dad would be telling our player to hit the long ball forward to his kid. It's v hard for a youngster to try to play it through midfield etc, when an adult is shouting at him from a few feet away.

On the bright side, the boy could only play in bursts so would be subbed off quite regularly (to the disbelief of the dad who couldn't see the obvious reason why). After a year of this, I learned to stand further apart from him on the touchline so he couldn't draw me into awkward conversations along the lines of....eg 'why's my son subbed off again', answer 'cos he can't run mate, open your blooming eyes and look!'.

CaterhamEagle 18-12-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 12120040)
Teachers who use Dr in their title.

If they have a doctorate surely they're entitled to?

crystaljim 18-12-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 12120040)
Teachers who use Dr in their title.


Kayjay I'm surprised you didn't just write, Everything! Or at the very least, New South Welshmen!! :)

Gooders 18-12-2014 11:49 AM

The amount of begging that goes on on TV.

Icy 18-12-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle (Post 12120166)
If they have a doctorate surely they're entitled to?

Better than people who write BA hons or BSc hons after their name on work auto signatures. Every **** has a degree, no one is impressed.

Gooders 18-12-2014 11:56 AM

I had an American colleague in my last job who had about 6 sets of letters after his name (none of which was a degree :))

He was as thick as two short planks (and bone idle to boot).

Pint of Speroni 18-12-2014 12:04 PM

People that hold a knife as if it's a pencil when they eat.

weltklasse 18-12-2014 01:48 PM

People not having a Christmas avatar.

danpalace07 18-12-2014 01:58 PM

To borrow a complaint from a site I go on, people who say these mispronunciations and generally ignorant things. Rep to anyone who finds the site:

vimpto
arks
expresso
somethink
intensive purposes
pacific (specific)
could care less
could of
febry
probly
i writ something
on accident (we're not ******* Septics...)
imput
duck tape
govurmunt
racialist (I actually heard someone I know non-ironically say this just before they were going to moan about the muzzies)
simples
litrully
on route
bantz
doggy dog world
pre-Madonnas
going for a cheeky ______ (e.g. cheeky fag, cheeky Nando's - if you say this you are a ****, irony present or otherwise)
our _____ (e.g. our lads, our Steve - basically that stupid Northern thing)
on-line
x-box (stop putting ******* dashes everywhere in product names)
overuse of literally
using 'like' as a filler word (**** off scousers & Geordies)

Snikt5 18-12-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12120103)
Conversely?

Yes!!

Selhurst Celtic 18-12-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 12120303)
Better than people who write BA hons or BSc hons after their name on work auto signatures. Every **** has a degree, no one is impressed.

I always add both to my signature. They stand for:

Bad Attitude
&
Bronze Swimming Certificate

CT_Palace 18-12-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 12120508)
To borrow a complaint from a site I go on, people who say these mispronunciations and generally ignorant things. Rep to anyone who finds the site:

vimpto
arks
expresso
somethink
intensive purposes
pacific (specific)
could care less
could of
febry
probly
i writ something
on accident (we're not ******* Septics...)
imput
duck tape
govurmunt
racialist (I actually heard someone I know non-ironically say this just before they were going to moan about the muzzies)
simples
litrully
on route
bantz
doggy dog world
pre-Madonnas
going for a cheeky ______ (e.g. cheeky fag, cheeky Nando's - if you say this you are a ****, irony present or otherwise)
our _____ (e.g. our lads, our Steve - basically that stupid Northern thing)
on-line
x-box (stop putting ******* dashes everywhere in product names)
overuse of literally
using 'like' as a filler word (**** off scousers & Geordies)


I'd like to add congradulations to that list.

chrisophiex 18-12-2014 04:12 PM

People who let their dog jump all over you when you go to their house

chrisophiex 18-12-2014 04:20 PM

People who read out aloud from the paper and over emphasise key words to embellish the point of the story .

Normally stories about immigrants or the M.P's salaries .....

chrisophiex 18-12-2014 04:20 PM

Brassy Northerners

chrisophiex 18-12-2014 04:21 PM

Yes - the last three all have just happened to me in the last 10 mins

Harry Bassett 18-12-2014 05:12 PM

People who say " are " when they mean our.

Them instead of those--Glenn Hoddle has this defect.

Loose instead of lose.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.