CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

GorBlimey 16-08-2016 06:46 AM

"So-called Islamic State" used continuously on the BBC.

It's either "Islamic State" or it's not. Call it ISIS, Daesh, ISIL or even Islamic State but please drop the "so-called".

Stellavista 16-08-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 13162666)
"So-called Islamic State" used continuously on the BBC.

It's either "Islamic State" or it's not. Call it ISIS, Daesh, ISIL or even Islamic State but please drop the "so-called".

Or simply use 'those barbaric c*nts'. Everyone will know who they mean.

TWOSEAT EAGLE 16-08-2016 07:03 PM

Lorraine Kelly....so vociferous in her support for Scottish independendence, now getting her mug on every advert break saying "Hi, I'm Team GB" whilst promoting some upcoming national sports day. Hypocritical cow.

danpalace07 16-08-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE (Post 13164461)
Lorraine Kelly....so vociferous in her support for Scottish independendence, now getting her mug on every advert break saying "Hi, I'm Team GB" whilst promoting some upcoming national sports day. Hypocritical cow.

she is a horror

BERT'S HEAD 16-08-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13164495)
she is a horror

Lorraine Kelly is wasted on the young :supergrin:

TWOSEAT EAGLE 16-08-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13164495)
she is a horror

Must spread rep apparently. :p

Payroll Legend 16-08-2016 11:06 PM

Laura Trott. What sort of an accent do you call that ffs.

Payroll Legend 16-08-2016 11:10 PM

**** she's on again. Nasal burglar alarm doesn't cover it.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 16-08-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payroll Legend (Post 13165155)

Essex girl.

civil eagle 16-08-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payroll Legend (Post 13165155)

4 time gold medal winning.

Isle of Wight 16-08-2016 11:26 PM

Cyclists that insist on using the road and creating tailbacks, when there is a purpose built cycle path 6 ******* inches away.

JJ 17-08-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 13159835)
Bit like Brighton . Teachers and pupils:supergrin:

GB's magnificent cycling performances in the Olympics now being questioned. Talk about sour grapes...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympics...16-gqtlbh.html

Nostrils 17-08-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 13165471)
GB's magnificent cycling performances in the Olympics now being questioned. Talk about sour grapes...

Sour grapes indeed. Absolutely no class whatsoever. W@nkers.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 17-08-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 13165471)

Germans French and Aussies moaning about Brits winning. Who knew:rolleyes:
Anna Mears is past it anyway she didn't do any good against non GB riders. I wonder if the cycling team in the UK get talked up like the Ausssie swimming team do before every Olympics. Inquest on again as to why they did not win what they said. Like I said bronze is the new gold.

Bipe 17-08-2016 09:19 AM

I'm getting heartily fed up with LinkedIn, which back in the day was a very dry but reliable business networking forum which served a purpose.

Now you can't move for trite management speak slogans like the Richard Branson one I must have seen a hundred times now - 'train people well enough that they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to' - with idiots making chin-stroking comments underneath.

And people who elect to post that they have bagged a top job / won sales manager of the year / been awarded an MBE, and remark underneath how 'proud and humbled' this makes them feel. Not that ******* humble, you've just boasted about it on the World Wide Web.

Davy64 17-08-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 13165555)
I'm getting heartily fed up with LinkedIn, which back in the day was a very dry but reliable business networking forum which served a purpose.

Now you can't move for trite management speak slogans like the Richard Branson one I must have seen a hundred times now - 'train people well enough that they can leave, treat them well enough that they don't want to' - with idiots making chin-stroking comments underneath.

And people who elect to post that they have bagged a top job / won sales manager of the year / been awarded an MBE, and remark underneath how 'proud and humbled' this makes them feel. Not that ******* humble, you've just boasted about it on the World Wide Web.

It's heaven for middle management wannabe twats.

Mr Mojo Risin 17-08-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 13165555)

Couldn't agree more. Add to that recruitment agents who add you just so they can get their number of contacts up but then when you actually approach them with a CV give you radio silence.

stinky 17-08-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil eagle (Post 13165173)
4 time gold medal winning.

Well said.

I like Laura Trott. Find her very down to earth. And what an athlete.

Nork1 17-08-2016 10:35 AM

The woman on the train to Eastbourne who stood there tutting, huffing and saying loudly enough so everyone within 10 feet could hear what a disgrace it was that all the seats were taken, how selfish and inconsiderate people were for taking up seats when there were others who needed them.
1) I was on the train before you were.
2) There was nothing wrong with you.
3) Without standing up and looking down the aisle how the **** was I to know it was your mother who actually needed the seat?
If you want me to move just ask. Something along the lines of "Excuse me, my Mum isn't steady on her feet, would you mind giving up your seat for her?" would be perfectly acceptable rather than standing there effectively telling everyone what a **** I am for daring to sit down. I'm not a ******* mind reader, I haven't got 360 degree vision so I might no be aware someone needs the seat. Just ******* ask. And don't keep ******* looking daggers at me after I give my seat up and have to stand for an hour.

johnbush 17-08-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 13165635)
Well said.

I like Laura Trott. Find her very down to earth. And what an athlete.

But, more importantly, Payroll Bellend doesn't like her accent.