CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

crystaljim 17-08-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 13165511)
Germans French and Aussies moaning about Brits winning. Who knew:rolleyes:
Anna Mears is past it anyway she didn't do any good against non GB riders. I wonder if the cycling team in the UK get talked up like the Ausssie swimming team do before every Olympics. Inquest on again as to why they did not win what they said. Like I said bronze is the new gold.

Unfortunately it happens whenever there is an exceptional sporting success. Ian Thorpe was injected with human growth hormones at the age of 9 apparently, Usain Bolt can't be that good, whole Jamaican team systematically doping etc etc.

Problem is, there is so much doping that a great all round performance will always be another persons suspected drug cheat.

Yoda 17-08-2016 11:59 AM

After so many of the GB team have pushed/trained themselves to excellence, it's getting annoying to watch so many of our athletes under-achieving.

Just watched loads of our hurdlers bomb out, followed by self-piteous interviews about how they're not happy with what they've done.

I've no problem with athletes running their personal best (or close to it) and being beaten...that's world sport sometimes.

It's the number who have been well short of their PB, gone out in the heats and just been mildly disappointed. Some seem to be on a public-funded holiday to Rio.

ExiledStirling 17-08-2016 12:16 PM

A realisation building in me that Newcastle fans were right.

Adlerhorst 17-08-2016 12:18 PM

Weird work / different cultures thing. My team insist on calling me sir, no matter how much I ask/plead with them not to. It's massively weird and uncomfortable.

elgin eagle 17-08-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13165982)
Weird work / different cultures thing. My team insist on calling me sir, no matter how much I ask/plead with them not to. It's massively weird and uncomfortable.

Wouldn't happen if you worked for the BBS. Get them to read your posts :)

JimmyAG 17-08-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 13165511)
Germans French and Aussies moaning about Brits winning. Who knew:rolleyes:
Anna Mears is past it anyway she didn't do any good against non GB riders. I wonder if the cycling team in the UK get talked up like the Ausssie swimming team do before every Olympics. Inquest on again as to why they did not win what they said. Like I said bronze is the new gold.

German TV is actually full of praise for what Team GB is achieving. We moan much more about the Germans when we lose to them at footy!!

Bipe 17-08-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13165982)
Weird work / different cultures thing. My team insist on calling me sir, no matter how much I ask/plead with them not to. It's massively weird and uncomfortable.


I might be imagining it but I'm sure you've mentioned this before...would you like us to start calling you Sir too?

TWOSEAT EAGLE 17-08-2016 12:50 PM

The number of advert breaks during each (recorded) episode of "Wayward Pines", each one started by Freddie Mercury screaming "MAGIC!" on a furniture ad. Trying to watch a couple of back to back episodes and they're being ruined.

ExiledStirling 17-08-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13165982)
Weird work / different cultures thing. My team insist on calling me sir, no matter how much I ask/plead with them not to. It's massively weird and uncomfortable.

That does come across like the the answer to the interview question;

'What is your greatest fault?'

A: 'I am too modest'


btw If your team hold you in such in high esteem, why are they ignoring your instructions to them?'

Do you think that maybe, just a tad, they are taking the piss?

Maybe that is why you find it uncomfortable?

ChiswickEagle 17-08-2016 01:16 PM

Vuelling Airline. Complete and utter joke.

weltklasse 17-08-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13166196)
Vuelling Airline. Complete and utter joke.

Apparently they excel
at loosing luggage.

Adlerhorst 17-08-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 13166127)
That does come across like the the answer to the interview question;

'What is your greatest fault?'

A: 'I am too modest'


btw If your team hold you in such in high esteem, why are they ignoring your instructions to them?'

Do you think that maybe, just a tad, they are taking the piss?

Maybe that is why you find it uncomfortable?

it's not a UK based team or I would entirely agree with you as they'd definitely be taking the piss. It's a cultural thing, it happens to other people here as well.

CT_Palace 17-08-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13166558)
it's not a UK based team or I would entirely agree with you as they'd definitely be taking the piss. It's a cultural thing, it happens to other people here as well.

I experienced this with blokes from the southern states. Texans do it a lot.

Wolfnipplechips 17-08-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13165982)
Weird work / different cultures thing. My team insist on calling me sir, no matter how much I ask/plead with them not to. It's massively weird and uncomfortable.

Ok if I bring you down to earth and call you a ****?

weltklasse 17-08-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13166689)
Ok if I bring you down to earth and call you a ****?

its sounds better if you follow the **** with sir.

BB Bob 17-08-2016 04:15 PM

Could you buy one of those peerages? They'd have to call you Sir Sir then.

Wolfnipplechips 17-08-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 13166714)
its sounds better if you follow the **** with sir.

Good point.

ExiledStirling 17-08-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13166558)
it's not a UK based team or I would entirely agree with you as they'd definitely be taking the piss. It's a cultural thing, it happens to other people here as well.

Ok.

So maybe similar to being up here and being called 'big man', a common expression that is used, to which I initially hear as a term of respect, then when I get in front of a mirror realise they are having a pop.

Ok not similar at all.

RobertCPFC 17-08-2016 09:41 PM

BT Internet

Hitchin Eagle 18-08-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob (Post 13166733)
Could you buy one of those peerages? They'd have to call you Sir Sir then.

No, Lord Sir.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.