CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

the drexciyan 03-02-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 12222346)
The irony being everyone actually at 'uni' at the time would have been watching neighbours religiously every day - nobody else would have had the time for daytime TV.

Those were the days, Blockbusters, Going for Gold, Neighbours and trying to be arsed to write up some boring Phys. Chem experimental data in between.

Breaking rocks 03-02-2015 09:05 PM

Uni, footie and dobbing all came from those shows.

Breaking rocks 03-02-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12222409)
Those were the days, Blockbusters, Going for Gold, Neighbours and trying to be arsed to write up some boring Phys. Chem experimental data in between.

Going for Gold :) Funniest thing was the foreigners (who had to translate each question first before answering) often beat the British contestants.

Blockbusters -loved the Baker Street rumour.

the drexciyan 03-02-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12222421)
Going for Gold :) Funniest thing was the foreigners (who had to translate each question first before answering) often beat the British contestants.

Blockbusters -loved the Baker Street rumour.

That ******* theme tune will annoy someone :D


chrisophiex 03-02-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12222409)
Those were the days, Blockbusters, Going for Gold, Neighbours and trying to be arsed to write up some boring Phys. Chem experimental data in between.

In those days you knew you were really lazing around it you watched Neighbours twice in the day !

chrisophiex 03-02-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12222421)
Blockbusters -loved the Baker Street rumour.

:D

What about that glorious "dance" routine that the student audience did to the theme tune ?

Breaking rocks 03-02-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12222515)
:D

What about that glorious "dance" routine that the student audience did to the theme tune ?

:D

the drexciyan 03-02-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12222510)
In those days you knew you were really lazing around it you watched Neighbours twice in the day !

1.35 and 5.35 iirc

little al 03-02-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12222515)
:D

What about that glorious "dance" routine that the student audience did to the theme tune ?

:lux::lux::lux:


Isle of Wight 04-02-2015 12:46 AM

Passwords
I have about 60 of the ****ers how are you supposed to remember them all especially when different companies have different rules. Uppercase, lowercase, numbers, symbols no bloody consistency. Oh and my bastard company changes ours every 60 days and they have to be over 12 digits long

TWOSEAT EAGLE 04-02-2015 09:59 AM

Christopher Biggins and his constant over the top fake joviality, when (according to a family member who knows him) he can be a surly, obnoxious prat as soon as the cameras are off.

Skiddo 04-02-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 12221459)
I think this one must be generational. Is that a word?

I find guy or guys completely acceptable.

Fella on the other hand is totally mockney and gets right up my nose particularly when used to address someone......alright fella? Piss off you Danny Dyer mockney wannabe!

Nothing personal dude....


I was referring more in the sense of "there was a fella/bloke/lad in the pub last night..." way of talking rather than greeting someone with it.

danpalace07 04-02-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12222827)
Passwords
I have about 60 of the ****ers how are you supposed to remember them all especially when different companies have different rules. Uppercase, lowercase, numbers, symbols no bloody consistency. Oh and my bastard company changes ours every 60 days and they have to be over 12 digits long

Lastpass

Chocky 04-02-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12222566)
1.35 and 5.35 iirc

I had just finished watching Neighbours when footage appeared on the TV of a plane smashing into one of the Twin Towers. Then spent the next few hours sat there glued to it. Completely took my mind off Mrs Mangle's chlamydia scare after her one night stand with Bouncer.

Stavros 69 04-02-2015 04:58 PM

Whacky stickers on cars.

"The closer you get, the slower I go"

YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING

Chocky 04-02-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE (Post 12223011)
Christopher Biggins and his constant over the top fake joviality, when (according to a family member who knows him) he can be a surly, obnoxious prat as soon as the cameras are off.

I've always thought he'd be the next one up on a nonce charge. I saw that fat bastard walking past me outside the record shop near Joe Bananas once (Our Price Records?), good job I didn't have Tourette's in those days.

little al 04-02-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12223774)
I've always thought he'd be the next one up on a nonce charge. I saw that fat bastard walking past me outside the record shop near Joe Bananas once (Our Price Records?), good job I didn't have Tourette's in those days.

Biggins was in a 70's porn film called the Sex Thief, I have seen the hardcore copy, it featured Diane Keen sticking her little finger up Gareth Hunt's arse. It seems you can only download the softcore version now :(

Nork1 04-02-2015 10:05 PM

Clubs that employ sad ***** to sit behind the goal and wave big **** off flags when their team scores. Arsenal, Chelsea and... Bolton. Why???

Jim Cannon 04-02-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12223774)
I've always thought he'd be the next one up on a nonce charge. I saw that fat bastard walking past me outside the record shop near Joe Bananas once (Our Price Records?), good job I didn't have Tourette's in those days.

The record shop was H and R Cloake and Biggins is a horrible little man

Ruskin Old Boy 04-02-2015 10:38 PM

Neil Danns. Was looking forward not to seeing the scousers back in SE25


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.