CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

cpfc4evandeva 22-03-2016 09:56 AM

It's always difficult to imagine new tech but I can't think of many things I use regularly on my iPhone now that the old ones didn't have anyway.

Besides making calls and texts, internet browsing and taking photos is pretty much all I use it for.

Sure little things like thumb print recognition help, but they are not really necessities.

squelchy18 22-03-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 12891369)
Remember the last iPhone? Well we made it smaller like they used to be!

Remember the last iPad? Well we made it smaller like they used to be!

Earth shattering stuff.

No doubt the legions of die-hards would say how revolutionary it is..

BB Bob 22-03-2016 12:32 PM

What most people want is a better battery life.....

Kylie_Tracey 22-03-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob (Post 12891670)
What most people want is a better battery life.....

plus far quicker charging, better more durable cables

knowlesyUCLA 22-03-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 12891369)
Remember the last iPhone? Well we made it smaller like they used to be!

Remember the last iPad? Well we made it smaller like they used to be!

Earth shattering stuff.

Quite.

They have run out of ideas. They canít make phones bigger due to practical reasons so they are going to have a difficult time selling this SE generation and then the iPhone 7 to the market. Perhaps the first time, they will have to show genuine innovation in order to tempt those who arenít Apple disciples to upgrade. The same goes for the other main players in the market too.

I also love how their iPad update for this cycle was based on exactly the same template as the SE. Better specs, smaller size, having exhausted the whole Ďletís make it biggerí concept.

Canít wait to see how they try to sell the next generation.

RDSdaEAGLE 22-03-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob (Post 12891670)
What most people want is a better battery life.....

Which is a decent request, but unlikely to be resolved because battery technology just hasn't advanced. Apple won't change that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey (Post 12891730)
plus far quicker charging, better more durable cables

You'll see that on the iPhone 7. It's already available on Android phones. My phone can charge for an entire day in about 40 minutes.

Adlerhorst 24-03-2016 11:24 PM

Thought night shift would be a gimmick, but it's actually very good.

Smoz 25-03-2016 12:06 AM

What are you doing being up this late at night?

Imajica 25-03-2016 12:07 AM

I have to agree with this...posting at 00:07....in the dark!!

ginoa 30-03-2016 03:55 AM

I'm buying a iphone 6 plus

BB Bob 30-03-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE (Post 12891853)
Which is a decent request, but unlikely to be resolved because battery technology just hasn't advanced. Apple won't change that.

While battery technology hasn't (greatly) improved, competitor devices offer significantly better performance than the iPhone - it is hard to say the Apple are at the cutting edge of battery life.

Stavros 69 05-04-2016 02:15 PM

Does anyone know a good place for mobile phone insurnace?

Heb 7:4 05-04-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 12911955)
Does anyone know a good place for mobile phone insurnace?

Usually works out better just to include it on your home insurance (if you have any).

Quite pricey separately, whereas on home insurance it tends to just be added at no extra cost.

Stavros 69 05-04-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 12911968)
Usually works out better just to include it on your home insurance (if you have any).

Quite pricey separately, whereas on home insurance it tends to just be added at no extra cost.

oohhh that's not a bad idea

What is the private option

andyocpfc 06-04-2016 10:22 AM

Can I ask a really thick question please. Im not really that familiar with ICloud and how it works. I stupidly choose the small 16GB iPhone 6 Plus model and I have a lot of photos and videos on there. I regularly need to delete some as the phone is full on memory. I pay about a quid a month to have some iCloud storage. I've just done a back up to iCloud and selected photos as one of the options. Does that mean the photos are stored on the cloud and if I delete my photo album I can retrieve the photos back at any time? I need to free up space but don't want to lose them. I don't have a laptop/desktop to put them on to sadly.

BR5 Eagle 13-04-2016 03:05 PM

After years of slowly getting more annoyed with Apple as a company and it's total lack of flexibility I am really close to switching from and iPhone 6 to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In switching to Android what am I going to miss the most - will I live to regret it? I really want something with excellent battery life, decent camera, I don't use many apps just podcasts, strava and spotify plus a few games if bored - can I use the Samsung to read books from my Kindle as on Android?

Am I about to make some heinous error or be liberated?

Joe85 13-04-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR5 Eagle (Post 12926188)
After years of slowly getting more annoyed with Apple as a company and it's total lack of flexibility I am really close to switching from and iPhone 6 to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In switching to Android what am I going to miss the most - will I live to regret it? I really want something with excellent battery life, decent camera, I don't use many apps just podcasts, strava and spotify plus a few games if bored - can I use the Samsung to read books from my Kindle as on Android?

Am I about to make some heinous error or be liberated?


If you like being locked in a box and being told what to eat and drink, stay with Apple.

If you like to have choice and freedom to do things your own way, choose Android.

If you don't like getting bent over and ****ed in arse, buy a OnePlus2.

Dave 13-04-2016 03:43 PM

android is a walled garden too

hilarious

BR5 Eagle 13-04-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 12926213)
If you like being locked in a box and being told what to eat and drink, stay with Apple.

If you like to have choice and freedom to do things your own way, choose Android.

If you don't like getting bent over and ****ed in arse, buy a OnePlus2.

I looked at the OnePlus2 - but think a few reviews on here about battery life put me off... I know that they are good value but have found a reasonable (it's all relative) deal on the Galaxy if I trade in my iPhone 6 as collateral. Which I'll be delighted to do as above I have the 16GB version (was given it free as a hand me down by my former boss) and cannot cope with the permanent requirement to find space!

Joe85 13-04-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 12926249)
android is a walled garden too

hilarious

Perhaps, but being able to install apps outside of Google's control is a nice bonus. Expandable memory is another, add to that the plethora of design options when it comes to the actual Phone itself. Not needing iTunes either is pretty sweet.

I currently have an iPhone 5s as my Z2 smashed. It's alright. Does what i need it to do which is none of the above, funnily enough. I suppose it's what you want out of your phone. I just need 4G so i can watch HD Palace games at work.

Anyhow, from the reviews i've read, the 1+2 is a battery on par with the Iphone, LG and HTC. Apparently Samsung is miles ahead in that department, according to the review anyway. I'll be picking up a 1+2 later on this month or next month. For £250 you get a phone that out performs the iPhone 6S Plus. Not bad at all.

Adlerhorst 13-04-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR5 Eagle (Post 12926188)
After years of slowly getting more annoyed with Apple as a company and it's total lack of flexibility I am really close to switching from and iPhone 6 to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In switching to Android what am I going to miss the most - will I live to regret it? I really want something with excellent battery life, decent camera, I don't use many apps just podcasts, strava and spotify plus a few games if bored - can I use the Samsung to read books from my Kindle as on Android?

Am I about to make some heinous error or be liberated?

You know how the podcasts app on the iphone is not all that.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

trev81 14-04-2016 08:09 PM

I don't like iPhone or any iOS because I can't watch video. There are some websites that has issues with Flash Player which is basically not in iOS.

Heb 7:4 14-04-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trev81 (Post 12929339)
I don't like iPhone or any iOS because I can't watch video. There are some websites that has issues with Flash Player which is basically not in iOS.

Puffin Broswer for iOS (amongst others) plays flash fine.

kolinkins 17-04-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 12929360)
Puffin Broswer for iOS (amongst others) plays flash fine.

Unless you get the latest version

Heb 7:4 17-04-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 12933522)
Unless you get the latest version

Couldn't say, I don't miss flash at all anymore so don't use puffin or any of the other alternatives. It used to be necessary so I used it a fair bit, but don't bother any more as most websites don't seem to need it

lostandfound86 20-04-2016 09:39 AM

For me, Iphone is not user-friendly, though, it has lots of features other mobiles don't offer.

Worksop Palace 17-05-2016 06:12 PM

Hi

I have an iPhone 5s. My beautiful wife dropped it on the drive a few months ago and put a nice crack in the screen near the bottom of the phone. Suddenly the reset button at the bottom is not working so to change modes I have to turn the fecker off and reboot.

Advice / help appreciated (other buy another obviously )

Tia

Jon_C-Pal 17-05-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12999297)
Hi

I have an iPhone 5s. My beautiful wife dropped it on the drive a few months ago and put a nice crack in the screen near the bottom of the phone. Suddenly the reset button at the bottom is not working so to change modes I have to turn the fecker off and reboot.

Advice / help appreciated (other buy another obviously )

Tia

You mean the home button doesn't work? If you go to settings, General, Accessibility then scroll down to Assistive Touch and switch it on you will have a little transparent home button on your screen that you will be able to use on every page you open. Hope that helps.

Worksop Palace 17-05-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal (Post 12999314)
You mean the home button doesn't work? If you go to settings, General, Accessibility then scroll down to Assistive Touch and switch it on you will have a little transparent home button on your screen that you will be able to use on every page you open. Hope that helps.

You, my friend, are a star

Thanks

Jon_C-Pal 17-05-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12999321)
You, my friend, are a star

Thanks

No problems :p

Away 01-06-2016 08:19 PM

I just popped into Carphone Warehouse to see about an upgrade. I don't want to humiliate myself, but essentially I am looking at moving from a 3G to a 4G iPhone. The sales assistant calculated that I would need about three times the data I currently use. She did say that data was hard for people to understand and drew a nice graph of text (say 100mb), photo (say 500mb) and video etc etc. Well I am a bit of an old person and her explanation did seem to suggest that one of us was as mad as a snake because it looked like with 1GB data plan I'd be able to watch one video a month.

Anyway, the bottom line question is - does a 4G phone actually consume more data across all its functions? Does it maybe use more data to poll transmitters (seems plausible, but would have thought we were talking a couple of kb here)? Does it use more data in background? Or is it just if you put more cakes in front of people, they will eat more cake. Or is it entirely down to people speed testing their new 4G service?

Incidentally from the data settings page we worked out that I'd used an average of 140MB a month over 30 months, though I'd say more recently it's been more like 250MB.

Away 01-06-2016 08:26 PM

Also, does anyone know whether EE will push you up a tariff on request if you keep running out of data. CW said not, but I found something on the EE website that says they would. That said, the tariffs EE advertise are less generous than the ones CW advertise so maybe you'd have to jump a couple of 'native' EE tariffs to get the extra.

Otherwise it's these 'add-ons' ... the prices of which I can't seem to find.

Woosie 01-06-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Away (Post 13027254)
I just popped into Carphone Warehouse to see about an upgrade. I don't want to humiliate myself, but essentially I am looking at moving from a 3G to a 4G iPhone. The sales assistant calculated that I would need about three times the data I currently use. She did say that data was hard for people to understand and drew a nice graph of text (say 100mb), photo (say 500mb) and video etc etc. Well I am a bit of an old person and her explanation did seem to suggest that one of us was as mad as a snake because it looked like with 1GB data plan I'd be able to watch one video a month.

Anyway, the bottom line question is - does a 4G phone actually consume more data across all its functions? Does it maybe use more data to poll transmitters (seems plausible, but would have thought we were talking a couple of kb here)? Does it use more data in background? Or is it just if you put more cakes in front of people, they will eat more cake. Or is it entirely down to people speed testing their new 4G service?

Incidentally from the data settings page we worked out that I'd used an average of 140MB a month over 30 months, though I'd say more recently it's been more like 250MB.

If you put more cakes in front of people they will eat more cake.

What do you use your data for - and do you use it when you could be using Wi-Fi?

From the info you've given, I'd say 1GB of data a month would be plenty.

An extra 1GB of data a month on EE is £2.99 http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefit...gb-data-bundle

Have you got the EE app? If not, download it and sign in etc and it will tell you how much data you've used each month which will be more accurate than you actual phone's calculations.

They won't give you extra data every month by itself I don't think, you'd have to increase your tariff to include additional minutes and/or texts too.

Away 01-06-2016 08:55 PM

Thanks Woosie. I'm on Orange at the moment and deciding on an EE upgrade. And really I want to get away with a 500MB plan. I don't mind going over occasionally. I do tend to have wifi at home and work and use data pretty minimally except on special occasions where i really need it.

EE help chat is telling me the add-on tariffs are £6 – 500 MB, £10 – 1GB and £15 – 2GB and valid for 30 days.

I'm asking right now about 'bundles'

EE help on the website is atrocious. You just go round in circles.

Away 01-06-2016 08:59 PM

EE's answer to what is the £2.99 bundle:

"It might be for contract deal and you can ask us to remove this Bundle by giving us 30 days’ notice."

Errr ... thanks.

Heb 7:4 01-06-2016 09:14 PM

My Dad has a 4g iPhone with a 500mb a month package. Don't think he's ever gone over.

I use between 3gb and 4gb a month. Just depends what you use your phone for.

Seba 23-06-2016 11:15 AM

Anyone else having trouble with Google Maps recently? It seems to forget the route I have requested if I don't go back into the app within a certain about of time.

Not sure what is causing this, some kind of app background refresh or something. Any ideas?

cpfc4evandeva 23-06-2016 12:50 PM

My Google Maps keeps crashing at the moment, but I've not updated to the new iOS yet.

Dave 23-06-2016 02:27 PM

apple maps > Google maps

Seba 23-06-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13064781)
apple maps > Google maps

Yeah, I love how Apple Maps doesn't show the town's name you want even when you are zooming in on it. Brilliant.

andyocpfc 22-08-2016 09:51 AM

iphone users
 
Can someone clear something up for me please. I have an iPhone 6 and and Apple TV. I have 3000 photos stored on my phone and wish to store them on the ATV to release some space on my phone. I've backed up my phones onto iCloud and can now view them on the ATV. Can I now delete the photos from my phone and still be available to ATV?

Dave 22-08-2016 05:39 PM

If you delete from your phone they are deleted everywhere. You can set photos to optimise local storage under settings though

andyocpfc 22-08-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13180083)
If you delete from your phone they are deleted everywhere. You can set photos to optimise local storage under settings though


Thanks Dave. Is there anyway to be able to store them on the ATV (leaving my phone and iPad clear of photos) only now they're on the cloud so I can completely delete them off my phone without using a computer as I don't have one?

I now have all the photos on my phone, iPad and ATV - does that mean I can now delete all the photos. I've looked on my iPad (2) and I can't see an option for optimising and that's where most of the photos are stored.

pauldrulez 19-09-2016 10:00 PM

Anyone else finding the typing on iOS10 to be very slow on iPhone 6.

NO1FAN 19-09-2016 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 13233488)
Anyone else finding the typing on iOS10 to be very slow on iPhone 6.

Yep very slow same on the iPad too.

Dave 20-09-2016 12:09 PM

That's crappy to hear. Would drive me nuts

eagles #1 20-09-2016 12:25 PM

Pre ordered the iPhone 7 a week before release date as I was due an upgrade. Didn't turn up last Friday, so I rang Vodafone who ensured me it wasn't there fault, but the manufacturer haven't made enough phones and they simply have nothing to send me..

Could be 2/3 weeks. Joke.

fang 20-09-2016 12:27 PM

This might be of interest;

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...&utm_content=5

Dave 20-09-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13180320)
Thanks Dave. Is there anyway to be able to store them on the ATV (leaving my phone and iPad clear of photos) only now they're on the cloud so I can completely delete them off my phone without using a computer as I don't have one?

I now have all the photos on my phone, iPad and ATV - does that mean I can now delete all the photos. I've looked on my iPad (2) and I can't see an option for optimising and that's where most of the photos are stored.

ATV has nop storage

andyocpfc 20-09-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13234395)
ATV has nop storage


Oh, that's poor on their behalf. I assumed you could use it as a storage device hence why they offer the 32gb & 64gb.

Smoz 20-09-2016 07:04 PM

The additional storage on the Apple TV is for apps and games.

andyocpfc 20-09-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 13234605)
The additional storage on the Apple TV is for apps and games.


Yeah, I realise that now. Damn, Ho hum it does everything else I want from it [emoji106]

orp pisshead1 23-09-2016 03:53 PM

Got a text from a mobile number saying that my apple account could be deleted due to too many unsuccessful attempts to log in ! Not by me it ain't and no one else uses it. Scam?
Many thanks in advance for any help :p

SEEPEEEFFSEE 23-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 13239676)
Got a text from a mobile number saying that my apple account could be deleted due to too many unsuccessful attempts to log in ! Not by me it ain't and no one else uses it. Scam?
Many thanks in advance for any help :p

Definite scam, delete it; don't be tempted to text back or call the number.

orp pisshead1 23-09-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE (Post 13239677)
Definite scam, delete it; don't be tempted to text back or call the number.

Cheers mate and thought as much :p.

andyocpfc 25-09-2016 08:26 AM

Where's airplay gone now after the update? All I have is airplay mirror available?

Tomo 01-10-2016 07:56 PM

Got an iPhone 7.
Very impressed. Very sturdy.

Thought you got the wireless headphones with it but apparently not

Twilko 02-10-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 13254778)
Got an iPhone 7.
Very impressed. Very sturdy.

Thought you got the wireless headphones with it but apparently not

The air pods cost 160 quid, so was pretty unlikely they were going to include them. The lightning connector ones are 30 quid too, so not exactly cheap if they need replacing. What I'm worried about is whether the construction at the end of the ear pods is the same as the lightning charging cable. They are always falling apart for me. Would be annoying if the earphones were that delicate too.

Tomo 02-10-2016 10:10 AM

Ah ok.

I've got some blue tooth headphones anyway and will just use the adapter for my other pair.

Archiebald Leitch 02-10-2016 09:12 PM

Moving photos off iPhone is now a pain, gone are the days of plugging in phone to pc and deciding which folder on pc to download to. Easiest way I have found now is to load photos from iPhone to one drive, open one drive on pc and drag photos to a folder. They can then be deleted from iPhone to free up space.

Dan A 02-10-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch (Post 13256122)
Moving photos off iPhone is now a pain, gone are the days of plugging in phone to pc and deciding which folder on pc to download to. Easiest way I have found now is to load photos from iPhone to one drive, open one drive on pc and drag photos to a folder. They can then be deleted from iPhone to free up space.

There's an app called "Transfer" and it makes transferring files between iPhone and a computer I crdibly quick and easy. It basically works by sharing the same local address, and the app will tell you what you need to put into your browser, then you'll be ale to create new folders and transfer photos.

Hedgehog 03-10-2016 02:31 AM

I just updated iPhone to iOS 10...

Why do they have to **** with everything??? They've added another App I have no interest in (Home?) and the Clock has gone to white letters on black background (or is this because it is darkish here?).

My phone works just fine, now every Apple App is asking me to take a look at the new features.

Annoying.

Conger 03-10-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13256501)
They've added another App I have no interest in (Home?)

Annoying.

As of iOS 10 you can now 'delete' the Apple apps - like Home, Stocks etc...

Kylie_Tracey 03-10-2016 08:28 AM

had a problem with my iphone 6s camera just under a year old, basically its died after I dropped it and they replaced it with a brand new handset,, which was nice.

Tomo 03-10-2016 10:25 AM

Impressed with iOS 10 now I'm used to it.

Hedgehog 03-10-2016 01:30 PM

Don't like the that you now have to hit the Home button to access the log in keypad.

A lot of muscle memory has got to be overcome. I keep getting the silly overview screen when I try to swipe it.

Hedgehog 05-10-2016 03:58 AM

I can't believe nobody else is bitching about this.

I was with a group of people today and everyone was complaining about it.

orp pisshead1 05-10-2016 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13258794)
I can't believe nobody else is bitching about this.

I was with a group of people today and everyone was complaining about it.

Not just you H it's a load of bollox :veryangry.

Hedgehog 05-10-2016 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 13258797)
Not just you H it's a load of bollox :veryangry.

If I was a new user it might be OK, but to spring so many changes on you at one time is ridicules! :wallbash:

1905 05-10-2016 07:38 AM

Sounds like I will be staying on 9.3.5 abit longer

andyocpfc 05-10-2016 09:02 AM

Can someone explain something for me please?

I have my phone set to iCloud Photo Library to free up space on my phone so all my photos (I think) are on the cloud but when I look at my Storage it says I have just under 1GB on space used on photos, how come if it's all on the cloud?

Stonewall 05-10-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13257066)
Don't like the that you now have to hit the Home button to access the log in keypad.

A lot of muscle memory has got to be overcome. I keep getting the silly overview screen when I try to swipe it.

you can change it back.
settings,general, accessibility, home button, rest finger to open.

Stavros 69 05-10-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13258912)
Can someone explain something for me please?

I have my phone set to iCloud Photo Library to free up space on my phone so all my photos (I think) are on the cloud but when I look at my Storage it says I have just under 1GB on space used on photos, how come if it's all on the cloud?

I have the same problem.

I have run out of space on my phone and want to free up some.
All I want to do is back up the max amount of photos I can to icloud and it'll solve a lot of my problems.

andyocpfc 05-10-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 13258999)
I have the same problem.



I have run out of space on my phone and want to free up some.

All I want to do is back up the max amount of photos I can to icloud and it'll solve a lot of my problems.


Likewise, and the annoying thing is I buy 50GB space each month to do this yet I have a GB taken up on the phone while I have 38GB free to use each month. Because of such, I get the storage message come up telling me the phone is full and to clear space. It's annoying to say the least!

Stavros 69 05-10-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13259014)
Likewise, and the annoying thing is I buy 50GB space each month to do this yet I have a GB taken up on the phone while I have 38GB free to use each month. Because of such, I get the storage message come up telling me the phone is full and to clear space. It's annoying to say the least!

I'd rather just buy a bigger phone then pay for icloud

Steve in Phoenix 05-10-2016 11:06 AM

I've tried iCloud, Amazon, Yahoo but the best IMO is the Google Photos app. The wizard takes care of most things and then it's easy to log in on your PC and organise photos there.

Conger 06-10-2016 08:44 AM

This has probably been asked before but can't find it...

People who have moved from normal iPhone to iPhone Plus - happy, or want to go back to normal size phone again? Seems OK in the hand, but don't know if its impractical in the long run...

Dave 06-10-2016 09:04 AM

200Gb of icloud space in 3 dollars a month...

just a thought

andyocpfc 06-10-2016 09:17 AM

Does anyone else have the iPhone 6/plus with this bloody touch disease thing?

Drives me f--king nuts but out of the 12 months warranty so always having to bend the phone to get the screen to work.

andyocpfc 06-10-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conger (Post 13260127)
This has probably been asked before but can't find it...

People who have moved from normal iPhone to iPhone Plus - happy, or want to go back to normal size phone again? Seems OK in the hand, but don't know if its impractical in the long run...


I moved to a plus and love it and will go for plus again when i renew (apart from the above obviously which drives me mad). The size is no issue at all for me, in terms of how big it is. Fits in the pocket no probs and great to watch football when on the hoof.

1905 06-10-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13260149)
Does anyone else have the iPhone 6/plus with this bloody touch disease thing?

Drives me f--king nuts but out of the 12 months warranty so always having to bend the phone to get the screen to work.

Fingers crossed been fine with iphone6, do you have the 6 normal or plus? Seems the plus suffers more especially if not kept in a hard backed case.

andyocpfc 06-10-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1905 (Post 13260154)
Fingers crossed been fine with iphone6, do you have the 6 normal or plus? Seems the plus suffers more especially if not kept in a hard backed case.

I have the plus version.

Been doing it since just after the warranty ran out about 3/4 months ago and getting worse. Found a YT video how to repair it so a work colleague of mine took it all apart and did the temporary repair (using in solution tape) as instructed but it's come back again. I've had mine in a hard case since I got it and yet still suffer so don't think it's because of that TBH.

mroakley9 11-10-2016 11:05 AM

iOS 10 is the single worst thing to happen in this world since Hitler.

PalaceForever 11-10-2016 11:45 AM

.

Heb 7:4 11-10-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13264962)
iOS 10 is the single worst thing to happen in this world since Hitler.

I like it. Accessing the camera from the lock screen is far snappier

Isle of Wight 16-10-2016 11:04 PM

Went to have a look at the 7 as its time for an upgrade. All very nice but, for those that have one, how have you adapted to not having a proper home button? It felt so wrong just touching a dent.

Dave 16-10-2016 11:22 PM

I love that you can text direct from the notification and don't have to open the app

Adlerhorst 16-10-2016 11:28 PM

They appear to have done something annoying with they keyboard. Previously I would press the button for the symbols, hit the apostrophe and then it would flip back to the letters. Now it doesn'5. So I now spell doesn't with a 5.

Hedgehog 17-10-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 13265310)
I like it. Accessing the camera from the lock screen is far snappier

I thought you could always do that?

Heb 7:4 17-10-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13272679)
They appear to have done something annoying with they keyboard. Previously I would press the button for the symbols, hit the apostrophe and then it would flip back to the letters. Now it doesn'5. So I now spell doesn't with a 5.

Download the Google made keyboard, Gboard. It still flips back after hitting ' and IMO is a much better keyboard. Being able to search and embed Google searches within messages is also handy. I only go back to the apple keyboard on the rare occasions I want to use speech to text.

https://appsto.re/gb/syGebb.i

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13272697)
I thought you could always do that?

Yeah, but you had to swipe up, hit the camera button, them wait for camera to start. Now you just swipe left and it's there. When you're trying to quickly get a picture of something before you miss it it's much better.

Also widgets have now become useful. I use the launcher app to have my most used on hand all the time.

Isle of Wight 05-11-2016 03:59 PM

Ok I took the plunge and got a 7. How the hell do you stop voice control when you push the home button? I can only find that you have to replace it with Siri. I don't want either I just want to press home put in my passcode and use the phone!!!!! Grrr

AND the update on the music player is ******* awful. Hundreds and hundreds of songs that I purchased or got given as promos are on the phone with a cloud next to them. Gone is the setting to only show what is physically on the phone. After ages of searching You have to delete each album/song one by one. W ankers !!

bubbs11 07-11-2016 05:37 AM

Needing to upgrade from my iphone5c pretty soon. Any advice on what to get next or what to avoid? Would like to stay with iPhones.

Don't use my phone to listen to music; just use it for calls, texting, Internet and the odd cute picture of my 1 year old.

Heb 7:4 07-11-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13305134)
Needing to upgrade from my iphone5c pretty soon. Any advice on what to get next or what to avoid? Would like to stay with iPhones.

Don't use my phone to listen to music; just use it for calls, texting, Internet and the odd cute picture of my 1 year old.

I'd skip the 7 and get yourself a cheaper 6s, in the midrange storage capacity. You might not have any music but the smallest capacity really is too small. Apps and photos fill up quickly.

Conger 07-11-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13300848)
Ok I took the plunge and got a 7. How the hell do you stop voice control when you push the home button? I can only find that you have to replace it with Siri. I don't want either I just want to press home put in my passcode and use the phone!!!!! Grrr

AND the update on the music player is ******* awful. Hundreds and hundreds of songs that I purchased or got given as promos are on the phone with a cloud next to them. Gone is the setting to only show what is physically on the phone. After ages of searching You have to delete each album/song one by one. W ankers !!

Sounds like you should set up the fingerprint access - that'll sort you out. Siri/voice control comes up if you keep pressing. Either just press once, or set up the fingerprint access (Touch ID)

With music - don't delete them! On the 'front menu' in music there is an 'Edit' button - press that and select 'Downloaded music' - you'll have what you want...

bubbs11 07-11-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 13305302)
I'd skip the 7 and get yourself a cheaper 6s, in the midrange storage capacity. You might not have any music but the smallest capacity really is too small. Apps and photos fill up quickly.

Yeah I've noticed that. Cheers for the advice.

Stavros 69 09-11-2016 12:20 AM

They've taken the ability to rate your songs away.
For this, they must die.

Hedgehog 09-11-2016 01:10 AM

Is anyone else having a problem with the phone (who knew it is a phone still!)?

Every time I listen to a voice mail, at the end it locks up. I hit contacts or the phone keypad and nothing happens.

It's happen 3 times now. I can go to other Apps, just not negotiate with the phone App.

Only way is to shut the power down and re-start up.

Started happening with iOS 10.0

Isle of Wight 09-11-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conger (Post 13305315)
Sounds like you should set up the fingerprint access - that'll sort you out. Siri/voice control comes up if you keep pressing. Either just press once, or set up the fingerprint access (Touch ID)

With music - don't delete them! On the 'front menu' in music there is an 'Edit' button - press that and select 'Downloaded music' - you'll have what you want...

Already tried that but it still showed all the songs I had purchased that I could play via the cloud. In 9 you had an option to not display purchased songs.not in wanky 10. Only solution was the tedious delete.

A few days in and I still can't get to grips with the home button and I have lost my favourite old BBC app and been forced to their new shitty one.

And the headphone thing has struck. If you add a power the FireWire connection no longer passes through so your head phones won't work.

I guess I'm a Luddite

Kylie_Tracey 09-11-2016 08:08 AM

I'm getting a slight problem with "freezing" on the home pages, nothing that a reboot doesn't solve, I wonder if its a software update issue?

andyocpfc 09-11-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey (Post 13308704)
I'm getting a slight problem with "freezing" on the home pages, nothing that a reboot doesn't solve, I wonder if its a software update issue?


Which phone do you have?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.