CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Ridcully 15-09-2008 01:15 AM

New App (for me) : Airsharing

Free for a couple of weeks, grab it while you can. The best free app so far.

eddieskyclad 15-09-2008 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brett
It's as eddie says above. You my need to chop down the title that is displayed.

I tried doing one for the BBS but the icon is just the main page and looks a bit guff.

so I wonder if dave could somehow add a pretty little icon ;-)

disco mixx kidd 15-09-2008 11:21 AM

i get my free upgrade 2moro
45 a month 1200mins 500 txt unlimited internet
seems ok
do i go for the 16gb free
or pay 59 for 32?
(or is it 8 vs 16 cant remember!)

Dave 15-09-2008 11:30 AM

16 is the biggest

disco mixx kidd 15-09-2008 12:21 PM

thanks dave, i assume u recommend the iphone?

Dave 15-09-2008 12:22 PM

My Iphone's calendar has gone mental :( shows only one event not the 400 it should have :(

Don't know how to resync it with exchange :(

KingsleY 15-09-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
My Iphone's calendar has gone mental :( shows only one event not the 400 it should have :(

Don't know how to resync it with exchange :(

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders > Choose exchange account > Untick and retick calender

That could possibly work?

Dave 15-09-2008 07:40 PM

been there - no luck. Some suggestions that it's wierd characters in outlook event titles :(

KingsleY 15-09-2008 07:44 PM

I had a weird problem where every day would have a dot in but there wasn't any activity in those days!
Might just have to export them and then import?

Dave 15-09-2008 11:05 PM

Still fighting

http://www.fu-1.net/iphone/IMG_0006.PNG

eddieskyclad 15-09-2008 11:13 PM

Slightly off topic but The Real Thing is a fab album :p

Axie 17-09-2008 01:28 PM

Had an Iphone for a few weeks now, a few issues (another one I posted on the Itunes thread but no one has been able to give any hints yet)

1) I use my calender and contacts at work so need to sync there however my music is on my itunes at home. Got both set to manage music manually but as soon as I plug into Itunes at work it says that I've been authorised with another itunes and it erases all my music. I've googled but cannot find a solution. How does anybody else deal with situations like this ?

2) I can't get music streaming to my bluetooth headphones the phone works via bluetooth but no music.

Apologies if these have already been answered earlier in the thread but couldn't obviously find it.

Dave 17-09-2008 01:35 PM

2) Iphone doesn't support A2DP yet, so if you are pairing with the phone itself then it won't work.

Cpfc121 17-09-2008 01:36 PM

axie

there is a way for number 1 i did it my self let me just have a look and ill let you know how

AndyStreet 17-09-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Axie
Had an Iphone for a few weeks now, a few issues (another one I posted on the Itunes thread but no one has been able to give any hints yet)

1) I use my calender and contacts at work so need to sync there however my music is on my itunes at home. Got both set to manage music manually but as soon as I plug into Itunes at work it says that I've been authorised with another itunes and it erases all my music. I've googled but cannot find a solution. How does anybody else deal with situations like this ?

2) I can't get music streaming to my bluetooth headphones the phone works via bluetooth but no music.

Apologies if these have already been answered earlier in the thread but couldn't obviously find it.

On the first point you can only manually manage your tunes from one PC unfortunately. I have my calendar and contacts from my work laptop, which is set to not sync any music, and then just manually manage my music from my home desktop. It works pretty well for me, so on your work computer just set it to not sync any music.

I can't help on the second one unfortunately.

Cpfc121 17-09-2008 01:41 PM

when the message pops up about erasing press cancell then

on the iphone device page at the buttom underneath the picture of the iphone should be a options section

uncheck the one that says "Automatically sync when this iphone is connected"


then click on the info tab at the top next to summary then select what you want to sync then press apply ( all done ) thats how i do mine

Axie 17-09-2008 01:47 PM

Thanks chaps for 1) I have exactly Andys' settings on my work computer just that at home I've got manually manage set (as there's more than 16gig to sync) when I sync at work I get the erase or cancel message. Shall try cpfc121's method tomorrow.

2) Hmm no A2DP yet, I naively assumed it would have it. Why would Apple not implement it ?

Dave 17-09-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

2) Hmm no A2DP yet, I naively assumed it would have it. Why would Apple not implement it ?
I believe that the bluetooth stack isn't up to it yet, I'd be fairly confident they will implement it at some stage.

It's going to kill battery life.

James 17-09-2008 03:31 PM

I got my IPhone yesterday - signed an 18 month contract and paid 59 extra for the 16gb model.

It's great fun - but boy am I frustrated trying to get movies onto it. I would have thought that a modern, top of the range, media device like this would be able to cope with a DivX encoded file without any problem .... but no. I am having to convert all my movie files to IPod compatible MP4 format before ITunes will let me load them into the device.

It's also frustrating not to have a simple 'drag and drop' facility. Why does every file have to go via the ITunes setup?

thehound 17-09-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
I got my IPhone yesterday - signed an 18 month contract and paid 59 extra for the 16gb model.

It's great fun - but boy am I frustrated trying to get movies onto it. I would have thought that a modern, top of the range, media device like this would be able to cope with a DivX encoded file without any problem .... but no. I am having to convert all my movie files to IPod compatible MP4 format before ITunes will let me load them into the device.

It's also frustrating not to have a simple 'drag and drop' facility. Why does every file have to go via the ITunes setup?

If you got it through your existing mobile company, you should have said you would leave if you never got it for free and you would have saved 59.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.