CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

cappuccinoeagle 03-12-2022 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 16746796)
Danny Murphy

Why?

Bipe 03-12-2022 09:13 AM

My favourite Danny Murphy punditry moment was early on in Klopp's tenure when Liverpool had an early rounds FA Cup tie away to lower league opposition. As is often the case with these old school style pundits Murphy had got a bee in his bonnet about the English players being poorly treated by the incoming foreign boss, and on this particular evening Adam Lallana was the focus of his frustrations.

Murphy had been chuntering on all evening about how Lallana should have started and with Liverpool needing to engineer a breakthrough in the second half he could contain himself no longer, describing how Lallana would be 'absolutely fuming' at Klopp for being left on the bench and not brought on to turn the game. You could almost hear the steam coming out of Murphy's ears.

A mere 30 seconds or so later the camera cuts to the Liverpool bench and there's Lallana, completely at ease, head back and roaring with laughter at something the guy next to him has just said, looking for all the world as if he's having the time of his life. All poor Danny could manage was a sheepish 'he'll be feeling very frustrated inside right now, don't worry about that'.

Doesn't make him a good or a bad pundit but the timing of it was great.

strawberry mivi 03-12-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16747016)
Odd that a phone company cannot provide the numbers behind their bills... maybe I've watched too many crime dramas on TV!

When I worked for Telefonica they had a special department who dealt exclusively with the rozzers.
They didn't get involved in the everyday queries like yours unfortunately, only the big fraud or tracing people via cell towers type of cases.

Hedgehog 03-12-2022 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 16747120)
When I worked for Telefonica they had a special department who dealt exclusively with the rozzers.
They didn't get involved in the everyday queries like yours unfortunately, only the big fraud or tracing people via cell towers type of cases.

I think one of the people I talked to said something along those lines. They would have to make an application to some department to get the information.

I told them not to bother, it wasn't that important.

Rather oddly I just got a text from the phone company saying they have credited my account with a figure that is more than the figure I was asking about. Odd thing is I didn't have a problem paying it anyway as I'm pretty sure it was my wife calling Kenya (don't ask!), I was just curious to know if it was that for sure, as she used WhatsApp and don't think we should have got charged.

Oldtown Eagle 03-12-2022 08:23 PM

Just ordered a 2023 desk planner from Amazon. Tried really hard not to subscribe to Prime. Ten seconds later my trial Prime confirmation email arrived:mad:

Prince Phillip 03-12-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16747490)
Just ordered a 2023 desk planner from Amazon. Tried really hard not to subscribe to Prime. Ten seconds later my trial Prime confirmation email arrived:mad:

It works out as good value. They promise to sling your packages at your own actual front door. Not next door or two doors down. Service.

Maidstoned Eagle 04-12-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddfunk (Post 16747026)
People that play music and videos from their phones, on public transport, without using headphones.

Do.what I do, Sing along or offer them your headphones to use.....

Sharkba1t 04-12-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 16747078)
My favourite Danny Murphy punditry moment was early on in Klopp's tenure when Liverpool had an early rounds FA Cup tie away to lower league opposition. As is often the case with these old school style pundits Murphy had got a bee in his bonnet about the English players being poorly treated by the incoming foreign boss, and on this particular evening Adam Lallana was the focus of his frustrations.

Murphy had been chuntering on all evening about how Lallana should have started and with Liverpool needing to engineer a breakthrough in the second half he could contain himself no longer, describing how Lallana would be 'absolutely fuming' at Klopp for being left on the bench and not brought on to turn the game. You could almost hear the steam coming out of Murphy's ears.

A mere 30 seconds or so later the camera cuts to the Liverpool bench and there's Lallana, completely at ease, head back and roaring with laughter at something the guy next to him has just said, looking for all the world as if he's having the time of his life. All poor Danny could manage was a sheepish 'he'll be feeling very frustrated inside right now, don't worry about that'.

Doesn't make him a good or a bad pundit but the timing of it was great.

I quite like him for his dislike of the Clowns. Mind you our Clinton really does a fine job on slating the clowns on soccer Saturday. :D:lux:

Jordan's Jacket 04-12-2022 10:25 AM

Danny Murphy always seems pi##Ed.off. which I like

Martin H 04-12-2022 10:59 AM

I like Danny Murphy because he seems to talk sense for the most part and given the chance offers good insights into the game. Sadly most hosts are only there for the laughs these days.

Nostrils 04-12-2022 11:14 AM

I think he's only used for Welsh internationals but always find Hal Robson-Kanu has something interesting to say.

Stellavista 04-12-2022 02:03 PM

I've quite enjoyed Ian Rush at World Cup.
Not prone to hyperbole, and talks sense.

Santos-er 04-12-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16747842)
I've quite enjoyed Ian Rush at World Cup.
Not prone to hyperbole, and talks sense.

Which means he won't be asked to do it again.

Polak 04-12-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16747855)
Which means he won't be asked to do it again.

Exactly, unfortunately

Sam Spade 04-12-2022 03:27 PM

Was that the same Ian Rush who said that playing for Juventus was “like living in a foreign country “?

CP-RJW 04-12-2022 03:43 PM

I liked that Danny Murphy moment on match of the day a few seasons back, after we beat Chelsea. It was Roy’s first win since taking over from FDB. A loud, impassioned “there is no way Palace are going down” rant.

For that alone, he’s alright in my book.

Eagles1977 04-12-2022 04:14 PM

Football commentary especially today's France game...

Polak 04-12-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Spade (Post 16747870)
Was that the same Ian Rush who said that playing for Juventus was “like living in a foreign country “?

Yep and didn't realise he'd have to kearn a foreign language but he was still ok in ghe England v Wales match

Ruskin Old Boy 04-12-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles1977 (Post 16747905)
Football commentary especially today's France game...

Yes yes yes.

Is the woman one of Prince Andrew's daughters? Shockingly poor.

Eagles1977 04-12-2022 04:58 PM

It's awful commentary, that's the bbc for you, hoping for Jonathan Pearce for tonights game. One of the last decent commentators around.