CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BBS maintenance and downtime (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283707)

Martin H 02-04-2021 09:46 AM

:p Thanks to all of you.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-04-2021 10:38 AM

change it back....its rubbish.

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 10:56 AM

The obnoxiousness filter is still being fine-tuned.

Woosie 02-04-2021 11:16 AM

Android app doesn't seem to be working properly. Won't load any of the forums.

trufan 02-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 15726979)
Android app doesn't seem to be working properly. Won't load any of the forums.

Indeed. Showing a network error when I try to log in. :(

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 11:58 AM

I tried the Android app and also got a network error, but tried again a few minutes later and now it seems to be working. We're looking at it to see if any config changes need to be made but could you please try it again and report back? Thanks.

Woosie 02-04-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15727001)
I tried the Android app and also got a network error, but tried again a few minutes later and now it seems to be working. We're looking at it to see if any config changes need to be made but could you please try it again and report back? Thanks.

I had that but then pressed back and it showed me as already logged in but wouldn't load the forums. Then I just logged out and can't log back in again

trufan 02-04-2021 12:11 PM

Eddie, it's letting me log in now, but won't refresh. The most recent posts on my timeline are from 12 hours ago. Sorry to raise issues, the website seems fine now.

trufan 02-04-2021 12:21 PM

Just cleared the app cache and it's working again. Excellent!

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 12:38 PM

trufan - that's good, thanks for reporting back.

Woosie, could you also trying clearing the app cache if you haven't already done so?

Louis 02-04-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 15726870)
Is it faster Louis?

Like a Lamborghini ;)

Les Butler 02-04-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se1eagle (Post 15726743)
Thanks guys - it's a pleasure to give something back to the BBS.

The real test is going to be how we cope on matchdays -

Thanks, mate, very much appreciated, now can you do something about the moaning on matchdays?

se1eagle 02-04-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 15727030)
Thanks, mate, very much appreciated, now can you do something about the moaning on matchdays?

Haha unfortunately that's waaay beyond my skill-set!

Hedgehog 02-04-2021 03:35 PM

Great stiff guys.

I am having a bit of an issue with the App on my iPhone. It wouldn't seem to reload so I cleared the Cache and logged out. Now it won't let me log back in. I get the message "Failed to process XML. Data due to unknown error".

No big deal, I didn't think the App was supported anymore anyway, but it was working yesterday. Thought you guys might like to know if it is not just me.

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727095)
Great stiff guys.

I am having a bit of an issue with the App on my iPhone. It wouldn't seem to reload so I cleared the Cache and logged out. Now it won't let me log back in. I get the message "Failed to process XML. Data due to unknown error".

No big deal, I didn't think the App was supported anymore anyway, but it was working yesterday. Thought you guys might like to know if it is not just me.

I don't have the iPhone app so can't try it out. It hasn't been available in the Apple store for ages so there probably aren't many users now, but if anyone else does have it and can report back here whether it's working, that would be helpful.

We'll have a look and see if we can see anything to fix this but can't promise anything.

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 05:06 PM

Just to confirm the situation with the CPFC BBS app...

- The Apple version hasn't been available to install for a long time. It has continued to work for those who already had it installed. Not sure whether it's still working now that the BBS has been moved to the new platform but we don't know of any reason why it wouldn't.

- The Android version remained available to install until quite recently but that too is now unavailable. It should still work for those who already have it installed.

- We'll continue to do what we can to fix any issues with the app but it is no longer fully supported and we can't guarantee anything.

- We hope to make a new app available in the not too distant future but we have to get the BBS upgraded to vBulletin 5 first.

Woosie 02-04-2021 05:08 PM

Clearing the android app cache sorted the issue for me too. Thanks for all the hard work and time on this to all involved

adrenalin john 02-04-2021 05:20 PM

Great work guys, it is much appreciated

EddieEdwards 02-04-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 15727368)
Clearing the android app cache sorted the issue for me too. Thanks for all the hard work and time on this to all involved

Glad to hear that, Woosie. Thanks for reporting back.

andyocpfc 02-04-2021 08:24 PM

Like HH. The iOS app is no longer working me too now either. I know it had been removed but existing users could still use it. Is tapa app still working?

Thanks for all the work though, none the less guys.