CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 12-02-2016 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12807719)
F'ing web sites that lock you out after only 2 attempts at logging in incorrectly and then want you to call their customer service line, which you do, only to find they are only there between 7 and 5 EST Monday to Friday!

This got better... My wife talked to customer service Monday (I should add this account is my Mother-in-Law's who is 90). They would not reset the password because they were not talking to MiL. Wife says she has Power of Attorney on all her finances. They want a copy of said PoA which is understandable but they want it faxed.

My wife tells me this, and I tell her we have a .pdf copy I can e-mail them so she calls them back. Nope they only accept faxes.

WTF... it is 2016 isn't it? who still uses faxes?

Anyway, I faxed it this morning knowing full well it will not get to the right person or will be followed up on - which Is why I hate faxes.

And they wonder why there was a mortgage crisis (it was the bank she has her mortgage with).

dweedman 12-02-2016 02:26 AM

Having to wait a month and a half for Virgin media to come round to your house and spend what is probably a couple of hours at most to fit their internet in your house.

Stonewall 12-02-2016 12:35 PM

Domino's pizza, Sutton. Getting txt offers even though I have told them to stop and blocked the number. They find a different one to use,and what makes it worse I haven't had a pizza from them for years.
(I think next time I go to Sutton I would like to do what that Pat Tate did to the manager, from the film bonded by blood).

switchboard 12-02-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12814781)
This got better... My wife talked to customer service Monday (I should add this account is my Mother-in-Law's who is 90). They would not reset the password because they were not talking to MiL. Wife says she has Power of Attorney on all her finances. They want a copy of said PoA which is understandable but they want it faxed.

My wife tells me this, and I tell her we have a .pdf copy I can e-mail them so she calls them back. Nope they only accept faxes.

Anyway, I faxed it this morning knowing full well it will not get to the right person or will be followed up on - which Is why I hate faxes.

And they wonder why there was a mortgage crisis (it was the bank she has her mortgage with).

Wow I hope someone scans it onto a floppy disk for storage.

Chris K 12-02-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Royal Bank of Scotland by any chance?

Hedgehog 12-02-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 12815375)
Royal Bank of Scotland by any chance?

No, some no name brand... M&T Bank. Out of New York I believe.

Yoda 12-02-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Maybe I've misread your post, but have you really said that your Mum-in-law is still paying a mortgage at the age of 90! :eek:

I was fortunate that my mum had used her local bank for 50 years by the time she needed my assistance, and then the cashiers got used to me coming in on her behalf. They knew I had Power of Attorney and I carried ID with me in case they wanted it, but they were v helpful to us.

Internet is great, but sometimes I find the good old face-to-face contact is by far the most productive, and can even be quicker in certain situations.

The Norwoodsman 12-02-2016 03:06 PM

Virgin bloody Media still sending me shitty junk mail every six weeks even after I filled out a web form that someone that someone kindly put up on this very thread, asking them to please stop it.

I'm not sure what the intention is by sending junk mail but this has had the effect of ensuring that I will never ever chose to use any of their products for the rest of my natural life.

Come to think of it, maybe it's Sky sending them all on the sly as part of a dastardly plot...

sherrifbart 12-02-2016 03:24 PM

Its election time over here,the Politicos are now showing their faces in public for the first time in years,and expecting to get a welcome when they turn up at our door.Trapped one of them last evening, I invited him in,and handed him a prepared list of fourty of the most complicated topics i could think up,some of the questions were little to do with politics,eg,The price of pizzas in Dublin,Do penguins have knees,Was Doris Day really a virgin mother of three,The Syrian crisis.The poor fellow looked slightly scared as our Dobermans sat either side of him.I suspect he wont be calling here again any time soon.

Isle of Wight 12-02-2016 04:41 PM

Mighty Deals. No customer service number at all. Only email that auto respond. 3 months my issue been going on.

WARNING DON'T BUY ANYTHING VIA MIGHTY DEALS.

Hector 12-02-2016 04:49 PM

My bloody doctors surgery that have told me they don't have a nurses apt to syringe my ear for another two and half weeks. WTF, does she only work one hour a day. I mean ear syringe take what 10 mins tops.........

Thanet Eagle 12-02-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonewall (Post 12815213)
Domino's pizza, Sutton. Getting txt offers even though I have told them to stop and blocked the number. They find a different one to use,and what makes it worse I haven't had a pizza from them for years.
(I think next time I go to Sutton I would like to do what that Pat Tate did to the manager, from the film bonded by blood).

Data Protection breach. Report 'em.

DocSavage 12-02-2016 05:09 PM

blue jeans and what people say when i say that

Jim Cannon 12-02-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector (Post 12815599)
My bloody doctors surgery that have told me they don't have a nurses apt to syringe my ear for another two and half weeks. WTF, does she only work one hour a day. I mean ear syringe take what 10 mins tops.........

Pardon?

On a serious note, it could be worse, same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, except I needed both done, and they won't do them both at the same time. So I had to wait 2 weeks to get one done, and another week for the other, did think about going to casualty but was told they don't usually do it.

Chocky 12-02-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Is this an American thing perhaps? Or maybe companies are scared of attachments and viruses. A few years ago I was setting up services for work from a US company and a Canadian one. I had to fax a form to the one in the States no matter what, absolutely refused to accept anything by email. The Canadian company also asked for a fax but when I said this is 2016 and you are supplying an internet (inernet) service so why can't I email a PDF file, I was told "ok than that will be fine" oh bloody hell I'm boring myself to tears here what am I on about ffs.

smileysmith 12-02-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12815580)
Mighty Deals. No customer service number at all. Only email that auto respond. 3 months my issue been going on.

WARNING DON'T BUY ANYTHING VIA MIGHTY DEALS.

01483 412 978

From here.

You're welcome. :)

Hedgehog 12-02-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12815410)
Maybe I've misread your post, but have you really said that your Mum-in-law is still paying a mortgage at the age of 90! :eek:

No, you read correct - with another 7 or 8 years to go!

Another one of those "differences" between our two countries.

chrisophiex 12-02-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12815657)
Is this an American thing perhaps? Or maybe companies are scared of attachments and viruses. A few years ago I was setting up services for work from a US company and a Canadian one. I had to fax a form to the one in the States no matter what, absolutely refused to accept anything by email. The Canadian company also asked for a fax but when I said this is 2016 and you are supplying an internet (inernet) service so why can't I email a PDF file, I was told "ok than that will be fine" oh bloody hell I'm boring myself to tears here what am I on about ffs.

Wait..... You were once employed by someone ? :eek:

:D

Yoda 13-02-2016 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12815882)
No, you read correct - with another 7 or 8 years to go!

Another one of those "differences" between our two countries.

Astonishing.

In the UK a bank could possibly be charged with miss-selling a mortgage that went beyond someone's working life. There can be exceptions, but 90, wow!

Hedgehog 13-02-2016 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12816077)
Astonishing.

In the UK a bank could possibly be charged with miss-selling a mortgage that went beyond someone's working life. There can be exceptions, but 90, wow!

All mortgages have to be paid off by the time you are 70 in the UK right?

I guess it is no big deal to be honest, my wife inherits the condo, and pays off the balance when she kicks.