CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

gcwhite 18-02-2016 07:32 PM

I can honestly say that, at my age, nothing annoys me anymore.

CT_Palace 18-02-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 12826201)
That's the airport - if you go around calling LA "LAX" you'll get some very strange looks.

Which is what Rob said, LAX, the airport.
Perhaps LAX is used by people as a name for the airport because it distinguishes it from smaller airports within the LA conurbation e.g. Long Beach.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 18-02-2016 07:41 PM

Selfie c*nts.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Plata-dolphin

cappuccinoeagle 19-02-2016 01:29 AM

False, meaningless mealy mouthed apologies given, ie by Chris Gayle, Manny Pacquio & Tyson Fury

mroakley9 19-02-2016 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 12826623)
False, meaningless mealy mouthed apologies given, ie by Chris Gayle, Manny Pacquio & Tyson Fury

Don't blush baby

Hedgehog 19-02-2016 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 12825876)
People that only ever have their phone on silent to so never answer the phone or hear messages and reply hours later.

Just like the good old days... how did we ever make it to 2016?

Hedgehog 19-02-2016 03:00 AM

It seems to have been a particularly annoying day... over 2 pages of posts in the last 24 hours!

Anyway... as a resident of "LA" for over 30 years, in speech I'm not sure I ever call it LA, just in posts on the BBS. Verbally I will still call it Los Angeles.

LAX is another matter. Yes it is akin to calling the London Underground "The Tube". As Rob alluded to, I live nearer to Burbank (as many of you do to Gatwick), so I have to be more specific when going to the airport. There is not a person in Los Angeles who does not use the term LAX.... it is a given. I would agree that someone in London would never say they are going to LHR!

ChiswickEagle 19-02-2016 06:17 AM

The cost of wine in Abu Dhabi. Effing ridiculous.

Olympian2 19-02-2016 07:38 AM

Automatic doors that don't open quickly enough & therefore actually hinder my progress through them.

biggus mickus 19-02-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcwhite (Post 12826217)
I can honestly say that, at my age, nothing annoys me anymore.

What? Not even me?

Chief Brody 19-02-2016 08:41 AM

Things that annoy you

Sandwich makers who have such little strength they fail to cut the bottom slice in half. Leaving you to tear your bacon and egg butty, the filling falls out and your left with bread, bacon and egg in a heap. Do your ******* job and cut the ******* bread!

V.Meldrew 19-02-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12826233)

Dear god, this is absolutely f*cking disgusting, bunch of *******!

Ardent Eagle Forever 19-02-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 12826656)
The cost of wine in Abu Dhabi. Effing ridiculous.

You're a lawyer aren't you? You can afford it. Anyway should you be drinking in an Arab state? Isn't that disrespecting their culture?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 19-02-2016 09:10 AM

Static shocks. You probably think you get the most, but it's me

Oddjob 19-02-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 12826178)
People who loudly revel in their stupidity. I can't believe I had a conversation with a woman in her mid-twenties who didn't know how raspberries grow. She then found a 'worm' (a tiny grub) on one and felt the need to loudly ring her mother to ask if she should eat the rest. Unfortunately she decided to bin the whole punnet and treated us all to another 10 minutes of topics such as 'how do you vote? I know nothing about politics and who is the prime minister?

Amen

Started with Jade Goody and is now exampled regularly by Joey Essex and his ilk, being stupid or ditzy is seen as cool, cute or endearing.

It's not.

Oddjob 19-02-2016 09:29 AM

Pregnant women

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy I really do, but can the rest of us get on with our (obviously not as important) lives without having to recognise every 3 minutes you are with child.

I was on my train companies Twitter and a pregnant woman complained it was too busy, she couldn't get a seat and if anything happened to her unborn child she was holding Southeastern trains directly responsible. She then followed it up 5 mins later saying she had battled through, removed (her word) someone from a seat but that it was too hot and she was uncomfortable, she then followed up by complaining as she was worried she wouldn't be able to get off the busy train and is she missed her stop she was holding Southeastern trains directly responsible!!

Get a different ******* train - the world doesn't revolve around you !!!!!

little al 19-02-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 12826712)
You're a lawyer aren't you? You can afford it. Anyway should you be drinking in an Arab state? Isn't that disrespecting their culture?

You can get alcohol in loads of places in Abu Dhabi, and Qatar and Dubai etc etc.

Nork1 19-02-2016 09:59 AM

Vegetarians and vegans who can't keep it to themselves. Yes, I am aware. I can't help but be aware, you've made sure of that. Repeatedly. I respect your lifestyle choice now respect mine as I consume this fried sliced dead pig in a roll.

exiledeagle1 19-02-2016 10:04 AM

Being told " enjoy"........

chrisophiex 19-02-2016 10:26 AM

People who have picture and autographs framed on the wall.

I make a point of saying it's probably fake :D