CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chrisophiex 19-02-2016 10:30 AM

People , normally TV or radio presenters , who talk too fast and make that weird noise ( try breathing in really fast but have your tongue slightly poking out ) as they race to get to their next "hilarious" sentence.

Zoe Ball does this all the time !

SE5eagle 19-02-2016 10:55 AM

When commentators say that stuff about Bolasie not knowing what he's going to do next so the opposition have no idea etc.

When Holloway initially said it, it was a sharp and witty observation, now it's just pundit parrots squaking it because they haven't watched the match and have f'k all else to say.

When I hear them say it, it makes me want to burn down my house, live in the woods, and worship moonbeams.

brighton_eagle 19-02-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12826748)
Pregnant women

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy I really do, but can the rest of us get on with our (obviously not as important) lives without having to recognise every 3 minutes you are with child.

I was on my train companies Twitter and a pregnant woman complained it was too busy, she couldn't get a seat and if anything happened to her unborn child she was holding Southeastern trains directly responsible. She then followed it up 5 mins later saying she had battled through, removed (her word) someone from a seat but that it was too hot and she was uncomfortable, she then followed up by complaining as she was worried she wouldn't be able to get off the busy train and is she missed her stop she was holding Southeastern trains directly responsible!!

Get a different ******* train - the world doesn't revolve around you !!!!!

Or maybe there should be more trains at peak times, and they should have better facilities, for everyone?

Terrace Bickle 19-02-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12826748)
Pregnant women

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy I really do, but can the rest of us get on with our (obviously not as important) lives without having to recognise every 3 minutes you are with child

TBF most pregnant women just get on with it, I think this is just a byproduct of the 'LOOK AT ME' generation(s). I once had a pregnant woman berate me purely because I dared to sit next to her on a Southeastern train. Once a drama queen always...

Nork1 19-02-2016 12:38 PM

Those 'baby on board' badges get on my tits. There should be more of these:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...67qro1_400.jpg

Selhurst Celtic 19-02-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12826637)
It seems to have been a particularly annoying day... over 2 pages of posts in the last 24 hours!

It was Chief Brody's time of the month I reckon.

strawberry mivi 19-02-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12826888)
People who have picture and autographs framed on the wall.

I make a point of saying it's probably fake :D

This is me.
Holly, Kryten (:vader:)and the Cat - not fakes though

Chief Brody 19-02-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12827087)
It was Chief Brody's time of the month I reckon.

:vader:

biggus mickus 19-02-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Brody (Post 12827372)
:vader:

Oh, so it was.

Terrace Bickle 19-02-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12826893)
People , normally TV or radio presenters , who talk too fast and make that weird noise ( try breathing in really fast but have your tongue slightly poking out ) as they race to get to their next "hilarious" sentence.

Zoe Ball does this all the time !

Try watching interview with Gordon Brown, he gasps like a goldfish out of water.

ChiswickEagle 19-02-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 12826712)
You're a lawyer aren't you? You can afford it. Anyway should you be drinking in an Arab state? Isn't that disrespecting their culture?

Just because something can be afforded doesn't make it good value.

As to the disrespecting their culture, good effort at moral high ground. Even better effort at ignorance.

little al 19-02-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 12827370)
This is me.
Holly, Kryten (:vader:)and the Cat - not fakes though

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Isle of Wight 20-02-2016 12:21 AM

The new BBC app. I unfortunately upgraded via the phone. What a hunk of junk for people that need BIG PICTURES rather than reading stuff. Fortunately I was able to get the old one back from iTunes. I hate what software developers think we need just to appease their egos.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 20-02-2016 12:28 AM

Men who, especially in front of other men, say how unattractive certain women are, and that they would never consider the possibility if having sex with said women.

This, despite themselves being out of shape and ugly, as are their wives, and despite the fact they would probably ejaculate before removing their underpants if aforementioned women did approach them for sex.

Joe85 20-02-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12828116)
Men who, especially in front of other men, say how unattractive certain women are, and that they would never consider the possibility if having sex with said women.

This, despite themselves being out of shape and ugly, as are their wives, and despite the fact they would probably ejaculate before removing their underpants if aforementioned women did approach them for sex.

Do I know you?

CT_Palace 20-02-2016 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12828111)
The new BBC app. I unfortunately upgraded via the phone. What a hunk of junk for people that need BIG PICTURES rather than reading stuff. Fortunately I was able to get the old one back from iTunes. I hate what software developers think we need just to appease their egos.

The BBC news online has really dumbed down over the years.

Hedgehog 20-02-2016 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12828164)
The BBC news online has really dumbed down over the years.

And is almost identical to CNN's... what's that all about?

glenn.f 20-02-2016 10:18 AM

The cock up that is the Costa coffee serving counter that resulted in me going home from the Ely shop smelling like a gingerbread latte.....but at least I caught the whipped cream. Place is full of twats wafting their arms about at said counter waiting for the coffee to be made by captain slow.

Owngoal 20-02-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 12828390)
The cock up that is the Costa coffee serving counter that resulted in me going home from the Ely shop smelling like a gingerbread latte.....but at least I caught the whipped cream. Place is full of twats wafting their arms about at said counter waiting for the coffee to be made by captain slow.

Baristas? Trying to hint that making a coffee has some form of skill like Ian Dowie (a rocket scientist)

elgin eagle 20-02-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 12828390)

Its Ely. Mind you, you would think Captain Slow could use those extra fingers better. Was Sturridge in there?