CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Ridcully 26-08-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sniper
T Mobile are offering the I phone 3Gs on upgrade - not sure what network your on already though..

Interesting, any account?

I'd go back to T-mobile anyday

David Amsalem 27-08-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Your ipod, then go to video

Thought it was that but I made a school boy.

There is a sync option for both TV Shows and movies.

Cheers mate.

Kevin T 27-08-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyB
Hmmm.. I'd be interested to know if anyone with a Jailbroken phone has had problems with warranty when having them replaced.

Well firstly, you definatley have to stick the normal firmware back on or they won't replace under warranty. The problem is, on a 3G it leaves the percentage battery indicator on regardless and I had to do some serious blagging to get him to believe that I hadn't jailbroken.

Dave 27-08-2009 09:18 AM

There are apps in the app store that do it, right?

eaglejez 28-08-2009 12:08 AM

I was Selhurst tonight and I had full rack of bars and 3G sign (Kept giving WiFi options but I cancelled since they were protected). Anyway could only occasionally send texts and that was it. Couldn't get onto Safari or email since it kept coming up with 'cant activate cellular network' etc.

What was all that about ? I must admit (unless I have some incorrect settings !) that the Iphone has been a bit of a disappointment. Very good if you can get a WiFi connection but is generally poor most of the time - which sort of defeats the object. :(

James 28-08-2009 08:38 AM

It's true - the iPhone is practically useless on 3g when you are in a large crowd. Getting any form of data connection is hopeless. The trick is to switch off 3g in these situations.

Dave 28-08-2009 08:54 AM

I saw a documentary on the dallas cowboys stadium, not only have they the largest HD displays in the world (60 foot) they also have extra transmitters hidden throughout the stadium to help cellphone reception.

eaglejez 28-08-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
It's true - the iPhone is practically useless on 3g when you are in a large crowd. Getting any form of data connection is hopeless. The trick is to switch off 3g in these situations.

Maybe the technology is getting a bit ahead of the infrastructure ie these phones are getting amazing but they being held back by lack of mobile signal infrastructure (have they stopped rolling out masts ?) and battery (although the latter has moved on !)

eaglejez 28-08-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
It's true - the iPhone is practically useless on 3g when you are in a large crowd. Getting any form of data connection is hopeless. The trick is to switch off 3g in these situations.

thanks - will try to find the turn the 3g button off next time I'm in a large crowd (or at Palace !!):)

The Sniper 28-08-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Interesting, any account?

I'd go back to T-mobile anyday

I pay around 40 odd quid a month on t Mobile which puts me into their bracket of valued customers. When I requested my PUK?PAK code or whatever it is, they asked me why I wanted it to which i replied I needed it to give to 02 as I wanted the new i Phone- they offered me the phone but wanted 180 - I declinded so they said phone back in a couple of weeks for an improved offer..

Dave 28-08-2009 10:47 AM

There is no way I would do a long contract on t-mobile for a 3G, would consider it for a 3GS

The Sniper 28-08-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
There is no way I would do a long contract on t-mobile for a 3G, would consider it for a 3GS

It was the 3GS that the women offered me, whether she was just trying it on is another matter.

Brett 28-08-2009 11:25 AM

O2 are screwed if they lose exclusivity.

eaglejez 28-08-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
O2 are screwed if they lose exclusivity.

they're not losing exclusivity of the 3GS

Anonymous 28-08-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T
Well firstly, you definatley have to stick the normal firmware back on or they won't replace under warranty. The problem is, on a 3G it leaves the percentage battery indicator on regardless and I had to do some serious blagging to get him to believe that I hadn't jailbroken.

Hmmm.. that's not good. I can't even get the bastard to boot up!

Going to have another go over the weekend. If I can't get it to boot I may just 'lose it' and claim on insurance.

eaglejez 29-08-2009 09:53 PM

So frustrating getting 'can't activate cellular data network' the whole time. iPhones suck !! I got it for my new business re email and it's absolutely hopeless. I want my money back:(

James 29-08-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
So frustrating getting 'can't activate cellular data network' the whole time. iPhones suck !! I got it for my new business re email and it's absolutely hopeless. I want my money back:(

Have a look HERE.

GodstoneEagle 29-08-2009 10:35 PM

Flick Cricket is a great app :)

Terrific game while you have a shit.

eaglejez 29-08-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Have a look HERE.

thanks. I don't get the 'not subscribed' bit since I haven't jailbreaked..I'm on the O2 network. I think it must be where there is not a very good signal which must be following me around today !! Seems a bit better at the moment



Apologies for the moaning ! iPhone frustrations !!

eagles #1 30-08-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
I was Selhurst tonight and I had full rack of bars and 3G sign (Kept giving WiFi options but I cancelled since they were protected). Anyway could only occasionally send texts and that was it. Couldn't get onto Safari or email since it kept coming up with 'cant activate cellular network' etc.

What was all that about ? I must admit (unless I have some incorrect settings !) that the Iphone has been a bit of a disappointment. Very good if you can get a WiFi connection but is generally poor most of the time - which sort of defeats the object. :(

Not just me then. ******* annoying, I was looking forward to checking the scores at half time on my accumalator when at the Palace :(


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.