CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

sydney eagle 22-01-2015 08:28 AM

Not sure if it happens in the uk but around dinner time here they start showing graphic adverts for things such as fungal nail treatments, devices that shave dead skin off the bottom of your feet etc

It's ******* gross

elgin eagle 22-01-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydney eagle (Post 12192429)
Not sure if it happens in the uk but around dinner time here they start showing graphic adverts for things such as fungal nail treatments, devices that shave dead skin off the bottom of your feet etc

It's ******* gross

Not seen that here but we do have Kay Burley which is probably worse.

Stellavista 22-01-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12192424)
The monetisation of the basic human need to use the toilet when in public spaces.

That's not new. We did, literally, have to spend a penny when I was a kid - or piss up a wall.

wombat 22-01-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydney eagle (Post 12192429)
Not sure if it happens in the uk but around dinner time here they start showing graphic adverts for things such as fungal nail treatments, devices that shave dead skin off the bottom of your feet etc

It's ******* gross

Surely worth putting up with in return for the adverts your politicians put out

viking's no1 22-01-2015 05:14 PM

BBSers who have more than one line for their signature.

It's wasting much needed page space and gives one the false impression that there's something interesting to read on a topic, only to find it's a bit of supposed wisdom that's meant to make the signature maker look more intellectual than they actually are. It's cut and paste FFS and anyone can do it.

Adlerhorst 22-01-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12193369)
BBSers who have more than one line for their signature.

It's wasting much needed page space and gives one the false impression that there's something interesting to read on a topic, only to find it's a bit of supposed wisdom that's meant to make the signature maker look more intellectual than they actually are. It's cut and paste FFS and anyone can do it.

sorry

Maidstoned Eagle 22-01-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 12193388)
sorry

It does make you seem intelligent though

cranesparkeagle 22-01-2015 05:28 PM

Wait till you've stopped your Virgin sub. I did years ago and they don't take no for an answer. after youv' told them no on the pone several times they will just bombard you with junkmail forever. Now that is REALLY annoying

East-End Eagle 22-01-2015 05:30 PM

Adverts that has blatently uses actors trying to pass them off as members of the public. See the recent burger King advert...

Nork1 22-01-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 12193396)
Wait till you've stopped your Virgin sub. I did years ago and they don't take no for an answer. after youv' told them no on the pone several times they will just bombard you with junkmail forever. Now that is REALLY annoying

I never even subscribed to any Virgin packages but 4 years ago I (stupidly) filled in their online form to check what services they could provide to my house. Despite ticking all the 'do not contact me by post' option I was sent sack loads of junk mail.

Lesson learned. Always put the address of someone nearby who you hate.

kolinkins 22-01-2015 05:52 PM

People without children (or with children over the age of, say, 7) parking in parent and child parking bays.

rowaneagle 22-01-2015 06:11 PM

1 litre bottles of carbonated water that go flat after just one opening grrr.

Wolfnipplechips 22-01-2015 06:35 PM

Can't agree there dude.

In fact (despite owning two ankle biters) I get annoyed by ........mainly empty child and parent parking bays.

Do parents suddenly lose the use of their legs or is an extra 100 yards to much to ask them to walk.....whilst leaning on a push chair or trolley?

croydonexile 22-01-2015 06:54 PM

Couples using Facebook to -

Talk to each other
Thank each other for presents etc
Post pictures of themselves whilst out at a restaurant etc..
Saying how lucky they are to have each other etc...
Wish each other happy birthday/anniversary
Thank the other one for making dinner or a cup of tea etc

They're f******g 3 feet away from you, tell them in person you f******g idiots !!

kolinkins 22-01-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 12193498)
Can't agree there dude.

In fact (despite owning two ankle biters) I get annoyed by ........mainly empty child and parent parking bays.

Do parents suddenly lose the use of their legs or is an extra 100 yards to much to ask them to walk.....whilst leaning on a push chair or trolley?

Ha. Never really seen empty ones

I don't mind where they are - maybe they should be far away from the entrance. It's more about space and getting car seats etc in and out safely.

spike 22-01-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12193369)
BBSers who have more than one line for their signature.

Turn them off then.

spike 22-01-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 12193498)
Can't agree there dude.

In fact (despite owning two ankle biters) I get annoyed by ........mainly empty child and parent parking bays.

Do parents suddenly lose the use of their legs or is an extra 100 yards to much to ask them to walk.....whilst leaning on a push chair or trolley?

As long as you are happy to park next to family cars in normal sized spaces and risk getting scratched by doors / buggies.


Edit: Not that I'm saying that is acceptable, just that you do get some benefits out of it!

jolly 22-01-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croydonexile (Post 12193524)
Couples using Facebook to -

Talk to each other
Thank each other for presents etc
Post pictures of themselves whilst out at a restaurant etc..
Saying how lucky they are to have each other etc...
Wish each other happy birthday/anniversary
Thank the other one for making dinner or a cup of tea etc

They're f******g 3 feet away from you, tell them in person you f******g idiots !!

Lizzie and Kevin used to do some of this

Chris K 22-01-2015 09:54 PM

Those HD eyebrow things that are all the rage with some women. They look bloody ridiculous and can ruin an attractive face

art malice 22-01-2015 11:40 PM

That the Now Show is now in its 45th series


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.