CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Always Offside 27-01-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12203441)
Donal Macintyre.

Amongst other things the constant milking of his BBC documentary when he got the Chelsea lot sent down. For more reasons than care to be listed the 'hooligan' documentary film he directed has to be the biggest piece of shite that has ever been made on the subject.

This made me Google Chubby Chris. Seems he died in 2013.

Far East Eagle 27-01-2015 10:54 PM

Liverpool and Chelsea.

Stavros 69 27-01-2015 11:14 PM

When people get on a bus
Sit in the aisle seat and stick a bag on the window seat

Precocious.Moi? 27-01-2015 11:24 PM

What's wrong with that? The person doing it gets no one sitting next to him which is a bonus, especially on a bus. It's not their fault if people are too shy, scared, meek to ask him to move over. **** em.

Pat of the Palace 27-01-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 12203449)
People who think that hazard warning lights is an excuse to ignore all the rules of the road and become a hazard. Can drivers especially when they stop in the middle of the road utter *****!

Best not come out here then. The "invisible lights" as I like to call them give you the right amongst other things to go and have breakfast for half the morning (with obligatory brandy in the coffee) while double parked on a busy street or even better a zebra crossing.

chrisophiex 28-01-2015 09:54 AM

Opening credits on tv shows that go on for about 10 minutes.

Raggy 28-01-2015 10:19 AM

People who don't indicate while driving

smileysmith 28-01-2015 03:10 PM

People who say "iPhone" instead of phone.

Its just a ******* phone mate.

EagleSE24 28-01-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12206252)
Opening credits on tv shows that go on for about 10 minutes.

In a similar vein, TV shows made for an American audience that are designed to have ad breaks every 3 minutes. They spend most of the show recapping what's literally just happened for those that had forgotten. See Man vs Food or Kitchen Nightmares USA.

Chocky 28-01-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 12206855)
In a similar vein, TV shows made for an American audience that are designed to have ad breaks every 3 minutes. They spend most of the show recapping what's literally just happened for those that had forgotten. See Man vs Food or Kitchen Nightmares USA.

Bloody annoying and it happens now with UK shows, with the first 2 or 3 minutes telling you 'what's coming up'. Just get on with it we don't need spoilers or to reminded of what we've just seen 4 minutes before the f*cking break. Ironically I'm sure I've moaned about this already on this thread!

CT_Palace 28-01-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 12206855)
In a similar vein, TV shows made for an American audience that are designed to have ad breaks every 3 minutes. They spend most of the show recapping what's literally just happened for those that had forgotten. See Man vs Food or Kitchen Nightmares USA.

Cheap and easy way to make a 30 min program a 60 min program.
It's very annoying.

Blind_Eagle 28-01-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileysmith (Post 12206845)
People who say "iPhone" instead of phone.

Its just a ******* phone mate.

iPhone is a tad shorter to be fair.

Nork1 29-01-2015 08:27 PM

The 'CPFC...CPFC...CPFC,CPFC,CPFC....' song/chant. This is NOT a dig at the HF as other clubs use their own versions and it's ok in small doses but ******* hell it gets tedious after the first 20 minutes.

Far East Eagle 29-01-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12209743)
The 'CPFC...CPFC...CPFC,CPFC,CPFC....' song/chant. This is NOT a dig at the HF as other clubs use their own versions and it's ok in small doses but ******* hell it gets tedious after the first 20 minutes.

as is 20 minutes of "ooooooow" and hand shaking before We Love You

danpalace07 29-01-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12209743)
The 'CPFC...CPFC...CPFC,CPFC,CPFC....' song/chant. This is NOT a dig at the HF as other clubs use their own versions and it's ok in small doses but ******* hell it gets tedious after the first 20 minutes.

It's got better recently, the tempo's picked up a bit

cappuccinoeagle 29-01-2015 11:17 PM

Hugh Laurie in recent years,his obnoxious House character,his dismal blues career and now his frequent voiceovers for ads.I used to like him in Fry and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster

little al 30-01-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 12210113)
Hugh Laurie in recent years,his obnoxious House character,his dismal blues career and now his frequent voiceovers for ads.I used to like him in Fry and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster

He was great as House.

PIE "N" MASH 30-01-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggy (Post 12206306)
People who don't indicate while driving

Indeed, ignorant wankers.

the drexciyan 30-01-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far East Eagle (Post 12209770)
as is 20 minutes of "ooooooow" and hand shaking before We Love You

Oo controversy corner. A slight annoyance at games for me has to be the occasional feckless member of catering staff. Its like some of them haven't added up since they left school.

Mr Statto 30-01-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12210479)
Oo controversy corner. A slight annoyance at games for me has to be the occasional feckless member of catering staff. Its like some of them haven't added up since they left school.

Can work in our favour though - I got a bottle of carling for the price of a bottle of coke last season :lux:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.