CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Terrace Bickle 08-09-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 13216221)
Name and shame them here http://youparklike*****.com/

:-) How many spin-offs has that website spawned?

Terrace Bickle 08-09-2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 13213618)
Particularly when they motion to push them into on-coming traffic to make you stop when they want to cross the road. It's a similar mentality to people taking a human shield in a police shoot-out. Why don't they ever back out into the street first and pull the pram behind them?

I find old people do the same with their tartan trollies.
When I'm old and doddery I will:-
1/Cross roads where the **** I want, particularly by wandering blindly into moving traffic.
2/Shout down the phone, whilst having my hearing aid(s) turned off.
3/State my age in every conversation like a badge of honour.
4/Ask for help, then refuse any subsequent offer of help saying I can't be bothered, whilst slamming down the phone.
5/Always shop on a Saturday, despite the rest of my week being completely free, wandering the aisles as slowly as I can in no particular direction.
6/Ensure my trousers are at least 6" too short and my flies are permanently open.
7/ Moan it wasn't like this in the 90's to anyone who will listen.
8/Book a weekly doctors appointment, because I can.

Jim Cannon 09-09-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13216922)
1/Cross roads where the **** I want, particularly by wandering blindly into moving traffic.
4/Ask for help, then refuse any subsequent offer of help saying I can't be bothered, whilst slamming down the phone.
5/Always shop on a Saturday, despite the rest of my week being completely free, wandering the aisles as slowly as I can in no particular direction.
6/Ensure my trousers are at least 6" too short and my flies are permanently open.

You missed out pushing into the front of bus queues:D

Wolfnipplechips 09-09-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Have we met?

davech 09-09-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

1, 3, 5 and 7 ticked already, except with 7 it's the 70's, not the 90's.

And I will raise you :

Bagging the priority seats on buses.
Moaning loudly about buggies on trams and buses.
Muttering about people using a card to pay for a 2.50 sandwich and lazy feckers who hold everyone up with cashback :D.

mroakley9 09-09-2016 12:36 AM

"Hi, may I please have a slice of toasted banana bread", I ask kindly.

"Sure", the dumb bitch says as she proceeds to put my banana bread in the ******* microwave.

All I ******* wanted was some nice ******* banana bread but all I ******* got was some warm shit on a ******* plate. ******* **** **** she is.

New LP 09-09-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 13216586)
Agreed on pies but I am not a great fan of shop bought sausage rolls, which never taste anywhere near as good as home made. I make an exception for Sainsburys taste the difference sausage rolls which are good, and one of our Christmas rituals is to have a plate of them straight out of the oven to hand while decorating the tree.

True the difference between a proper freshly baked sausage roll and one of those cold things you get in a plastic wrapper is like chalk and cheese.

pallet 09-09-2016 02:28 PM

Wife moan number 121430430:
She phones me for no real reason when is in the car with the children, asks me something irrelevant and before I can answer her and my 2 daughters then decide to have a debate amongst themselves which I have to listen to. Just wait until you get home.

SA Eagle 09-09-2016 02:30 PM

The demise of customer service; nothing is EVER anyone's ******* fault :grrr:

Mad Max 09-09-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 13213095)
Winter misery for me begins October 1 to April fools day :frown:

Agreed,plus taking St John`s Wort for depression.

Mad Max 09-09-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13211516)
Was he pissed? :)

No, it wasn`t carrying a kebab.:p

Worksop Palace 10-09-2016 09:35 AM

Hotpoint.

Total and utter disgrace.

Too long a story to go into in detail but basically we 'took advantage' of their offer to buy a new tumble drier for 90 as ours was one of the ones that had the potential to combust and kill us all.

2 months ago they come to deliver the new one and take away the old one. Tick

When they've gone, wife realizes it's the wrong one they've delivered so we contact them and tell them. This is when it goes tits.

They can't just deliver the right one and take away the wrong one. They have to collect the wrong one and we then have to reorder the right one. ok, no problem. They collect the wrong one. We have no drier.

We ring to order the correct one again. Ok.

They inform us they cannot place an order for a new one because there's no old one to collect. But you've collected the old one months ago you ******* quarterwits.

2 months without a drier.

And still not sorted.

Incompetence of the highest order

SE25 exile 10-09-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13218540)
Hotpoint.

Too long a story to go into in detail but basically we 'took advantage' of their offer to buy a new tumble drier for 90 as ours was one of the ones that had the potential to combust and kill us all.

When they've gone, wife realizes it's the wrong one they've delivered so we contact them and tell them. This is when it goes tits.

They can't just deliver the right one and take away the wrong one. They have to collect the wrong one and we then have to reorder the right one. ok, no problem. They collect the wrong one. We have no drier.

They inform us they cannot place an order for a new one because there's no old one to collect. But you've collected the old one months ago you ******* quarterwits.

And still not sorted.

Not even checked yet whether or not mine is the one I ordered. I only had a choice of two Hotpoint models with collection of old for 59.

Arrived when they said, took the old, the new one works, wife happy, so am I.

bigend1 10-09-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13218540)
Hotpoint.

And still not sorted.

Watch out for the 'warranty' too. I nearly bought a hotpoint washing machine. Seemed a good spec machine for a good price and an included extended warranty. Look closely it's parts only, they charge you 130 or so for a call out and a shocking hourly rate for labour. Costs more than a lot of new machines for a simple repair under 'warranty' . Sounds like they make more money from that than selling machines, no wonder they are so badly made

Worksop Palace 10-09-2016 09:51 AM

Which would have been the same for us SE25, had they brought us the right one in the first place !

Nostrils 10-09-2016 10:04 AM

Edit - The largest picture ever seen removed. See below...

SE25 exile 10-09-2016 10:10 AM

That's really f***ed up this page.

Looks more like 2 years hard labour

Nostrils 10-09-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 13218583)
That's really f***ed up this page.

Looks more like 2 years hard labour

Yep, I'm embarrassed. About to edit.

Payroll Legend 10-09-2016 10:28 AM

Goldcar. Never again.

Worksop Palace 10-09-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payroll Legend (Post 13218616)
Goldcar. Never again.

What is zis ?