CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

SpikeyMatt 07-07-2009 12:05 AM

I was well happy with myself when I discovered how to do that screenshotty thing yesterday...

Amazing what you discover when bored :D

Heb 7:4 07-07-2009 10:36 AM

What do people think about this idea, buying an iPhone pay as you go and getting an O2 simplicity sim. You don't get free WiFi at Cloud hot spots or visual voicemail, but you get more minutes and texts and still unlimited internet.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...9302556,00.htm

Dave 07-07-2009 11:13 AM

Gmail push...

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/07...direct-tcrn.ch

eaglejez 07-07-2009 12:32 PM

PLease don't shoot me for this question.....but O2 sucks round our way...I take it its not straightforward to get a different network ?

cpfcmazz 07-07-2009 12:40 PM

Mine got nicked yesterday....hoping the insurance will cover it

montstar 07-07-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
What do people think about this idea, buying an iPhone pay as you go and getting an O2 simplicity sim. You don't get free WiFi at Cloud hot spots or visual voicemail, but you get more minutes and texts and still unlimited internet.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...9302556,00.htm

I was phoned up by o2 4 months ago - 2 months after getting my iphone - and asked if i wanted to move to the simplicity tariff with unlimited downloads bolt on as I had been such a good customer!!! I asked what the catch was - she said there wasnt one so I now get more minutes and texts for cheaper :eek: I lost the voicemail gadget but still have voicemail so thought thats ok!

When I phoned up o2 to enquire about something last month the guy on the phone kept saying id beat the system and he wished he could do it for himself, I originally thought id get the new phone as soon as it came out switching to a proper contract but im now not sure the new phones worth it

anyway im onm Simplicity and have an iPhone and all you miss out on is the gadgety voiemail which thhough cool isnt worth 8 a month

Heb 7:4 07-07-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montstar
I was phoned up by o2 4 months ago - 2 months after getting my iphone - and asked if i wanted to move to the simplicity tariff with unlimited downloads bolt on as I had been such a good customer!!! I asked what the catch was - she said there wasnt one so I now get more minutes and texts for cheaper :eek: I lost the voicemail gadget but still have voicemail so thought thats ok!

When I phoned up o2 to enquire about something last month the guy on the phone kept saying id beat the system and he wished he could do it for himself, I originally thought id get the new phone as soon as it came out switching to a proper contract but im now not sure the new phones worth it

anyway im onm Simplicity and have an iPhone and all you miss out on is the gadgety voiemail which thhough cool isnt worth 8 a month

You would have got the iPhone at the reduced contract rate to begin with though, whereas I'll have to pay full whack for it straight off!

montstar 07-07-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
You would have got the iPhone at the reduced contract rate to begin with though, whereas I'll have to pay full whack for it straight off!

unless you get one off ebay!?

Heb 7:4 07-07-2009 01:14 PM

The 3G S isn't going all that cheap on ebay. Just as easy to buy from O2

Marki 07-07-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
PLease don't shoot me for this question.....but O2 sucks round our way...I take it its not straightforward to get a different network ?

Don't know about the latest version but on the older ones it's pretty straightforward. Just google unlocking the version you want and have a trawl through the relevant results. In my experience it's not that difficult to do.

Dave 07-07-2009 03:17 PM

Don't confuse jailbreaking with unlocking

Marki 07-07-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Don't confuse jailbreaking with unlocking

Different network = unlocking.

Doesn't it?

NO1FAN 07-07-2009 03:31 PM

You have to Jailbreak the iphone to be able to unlock it. And its very easy

Marki 07-07-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO1FAN
You have to Jailbreak the iphone to be able to unlock it. And its very easy

Righto.

In which case my answer to the original question still applies - your google search will still tell you what you need to know. Unless you get to a site which for some div reason tries to lead you up the garden path of unlocking without jailbreaking, in which case ignore it.:D

Anonymous 07-07-2009 04:23 PM

yellowsn0w is the beastie.

Dave 07-07-2009 04:25 PM

I haven't looked in ages but isn't there some issue where you have to downgrade in order to unlock the 3G and it's a nightmare?

Highbury Eagle 07-07-2009 04:26 PM

Monkey Island for the Iphone? Hope so.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com...ne-a22426.html

NO1FAN 07-07-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
I haven't looked in ages but isn't there some issue where you have to downgrade in order to unlock the 3G and it's a nightmare?

you can now with redsnow http://www.iphoneheat.com/2009/06/ho...dsn0w-windows/


And to unlock with ultrasnow http://www.iphoneheat.com/2009/07/ho...ing-ultrasn0w/

UEAgle 08-07-2009 12:44 PM

Couple of insurance questions:

Who/where is best to insure an iPhone?

Why can't you insure with O2 after 28 days? I did the online insurance form yesterday (which was exactly the 28th day since purchase), only to receive an email today saying my insurance request had been declined as I didn't do it within 28 days.

Kevin T 10-07-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEAgle
Couple of insurance questions:

Who/where is best to insure an iPhone?

Why can't you insure with O2 after 28 days? I did the online insurance form yesterday (which was exactly the 28th day since purchase), only to receive an email today saying my insurance request had been declined as I didn't do it within 28 days.

Free phone insurance with my bank. Worth checking if you get this too. Do you pay a fee for your banking?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.