CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Stavros 69 24-12-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
I have personal hotspot turned on all the time. Doesn't use data unless I connect something to it.

Well it ripped through 1.5 or whatever GB of data whilst i was at home doing nothing.
Just carry on Jon.

Stavros 69 24-12-2012 01:12 PM

In the cell data part of setting within the MMS bit the number was all wrong.

Adlerhorst 24-12-2012 01:12 PM

If you hadn't set up a password on it people were probably freeloading.

cpfc4evandeva 25-12-2012 01:25 AM

I have my hotspot on a lot, mainly because I forget to turn it off.

If it's not connected to another device via wifi, then it doesn't use any data or any extra battery life from my experience.

Interesting thing I've found is the difference in internet speed between iPhone 4 and 5. My 4 probably gets an average of 5mb but my gf's 5 gets about 15! Very impressive.

whyteleafeeagle 27-12-2012 10:00 PM

My I phone has totally stopped charging, it's on the latest update iOS 06 - I think there is something wrong with the charging pin in the phone. I'm taking it to the Apple store on Saturday, has anyone lose had this problem with their phone?

montstar 27-12-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyteleafeeagle
My I phone has totally stopped charging, it's on the latest update iOS 06 - I think there is something wrong with the charging pin in the phone. I'm taking it to the Apple store on Saturday, has anyone lose had this problem with their phone?

Is it an iphone 5? Are you using the original/official lightning cable? Apparently if its a 5 and you're not that may be the reason.

HTH

Finbar 27-12-2012 10:23 PM

I bought a cheap charger from ebay which was the reason my iphone5 wasn't charging, working with an old charger and adaptor now

whyteleafeeagle 27-12-2012 11:49 PM

It's an I phone 4 if that helps

weltklasse 28-12-2012 11:07 AM

quick help please.

My wife has beeen given an old iphone 3gs which she has been using a while now. she wants me to clear out all the old aps (those installed by the previous user) which i figure the easisest way would be to do a full reset erasing all content. However she would like to keep the contacts she has created and also if possible the texts she has made. Can anyone advise the easiest way to do this if it is possible?

Many thanks

Pint of Speroni 28-12-2012 11:13 AM

Sync it with the computer. It should give you the option to replace apps you don't want with those she has on the computer.

Or delete the apps one by one on the phone itself.

montstar 28-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

It's an I phone 4 if that helps

Ahh not the problem I was thinking then - does it sync with your computer?

whyteleafeeagle 28-12-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montstar
Ahh not the problem I was thinking then - does it sync with your computer?

It does sync over wifi however not when it's plugged in :(

montstar 29-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

It does sync over wifi however not when it's plugged in :(

It sounds like you either have: a load of fluff where the adaptor connects, a faulty connector or (hopefully not) a problem with the phone where it connects.

So first of all try getting as much of the bellyfluff type material out of the bottom of the phone with a tooth pick - or similar - but obviously be gently

Secondly borrow someone elses original connector and see if theirs works

Other than that it will be a trip to apple store I would have thought

Marki 30-12-2012 01:07 AM

Those compressed air canisters are great for getting fluff out of iPhones.

Stavros 69 30-12-2012 09:35 PM

All my data has dried up again.
It seem to think I've ripped though 750mb in 5 days.
Must be something in the settings.

Finbar 30-12-2012 09:41 PM

any app/webpage on autorefresh? Has done for me a couple of times

Stavros 69 30-12-2012 10:15 PM

How do I check that?
But I mainly use my iPhone for looking at the net at home (I have wifi)

They say I have used 2.75gb in sub 4 weeks!!!

I have had an iPhone for 4 years or so still with the same apps.
On my iPhone 3G I never broke 1.5gb of data in a month. Average was 1.1gb now I've smashed through over 2.5 in 21 days.

I often turn off my apps in the background.
The only thing I use on a regular basis is wonder radio which I use ever day.
It's really annoying.

montstar 30-12-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
All my data has dried up again.
It seem to think I've ripped though 750mb in 5 days.
Must be something in the settings.

Are you on o2? If so their data changes over on the 6th of the month for me - are you sure its only been 5 days?

Also if you are on o2 then there is an app to download to track data usage.

Stavros 69 30-12-2012 11:05 PM

Yep O2.
Already had a bolt on 5 days ago and it's ripped through it in 5 days.

justjuice 31-12-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Yep O2.
Already had a bolt on 5 days ago and it's ripped through it in 5 days.

Have you got iCloud activated? If so in iCloud settings is "Use Cellular" set to on? This burnt loads of my data allowance as it was updating iCloud over 3g.

Stavros 69 31-12-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice
Have you got iCloud activated? If so in iCloud settings is "Use Cellular" set to on? This burnt loads of my data allowance as it was updating iCloud over 3g.

Yeah i've turned it off.

James 31-12-2012 11:36 AM

It must be awful being on a tariff without unlimited and um-throttled internet. How do you guys manage?

Heb 7:4 31-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
It must be awful being on a tariff without unlimited and um-throttled internet. How do you guys manage?

My mobile phone contract cost me 20 for the whole year, and I've never gone over my 1GB a month data allowance.

iPad is a bit more expensive. Costs me 10 every three months for the 3G on that.

So 60 for the year, or 5 a month, for all the data I need on two mobile devices. How much is your unlimited contract?

Stavros 69 31-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

I used to have it until i changed my phone.
I'm now starting to wish i just purchased it outright.
But thanks for the condescending unhelpful post.
Happy New Year

CT_Palace 07-01-2013 04:42 PM

Does anyone know how to clear the cache in safari on the iPhone5 without clearing the cookies?
When I go to a thread on the BBS via the last post link (the football next to the last poster's name) safari doesn't take me that post but to a previous page in the thread.
Clearing the history doesn't resolve this.

James 08-01-2013 08:17 AM

Clearing the history will clear the cache, but only if Safari is closed.

Close safari completely (double click the home button and remove it from the task bar) and then go to Settings/Safari and clear history. It will not work if you do it from within Safari.

You can also clear individual cookies by clicking on Advanced (at the very bottom of the screen)/Website data/show all/edit.

ollie_porter 08-01-2013 01:29 PM

Edit.

CT_Palace 08-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Clearing the history will clear the cache, but only if Safari is closed.

Close safari completely (double click the home button and remove it from the task bar) and then go to Settings/Safari and clear history. It will not work if you do it from within Safari.

You can also clear individual cookies by clicking on Advanced (at the very bottom of the screen)/Website data/show all/edit.

Nope, non of that works (in resolving my particular problem.)

Clapham Grand 14-01-2013 03:31 PM

I have a 4s and updated to IOS 6 - since then my battery goes down 10% an hour and dies overnight / gets hot / takes ages to recharge

Seems thousands of others having this issue :(

Anyone here experienced it? How can it be fixed?

Heb 7:4 14-01-2013 03:44 PM

Think I'll ios6 a miss.

kolinkins 14-01-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clapham Grand
I have a 4s and updated to IOS 6 - since then my battery goes down 10% an hour and dies overnight / gets hot / takes ages to recharge

Seems thousands of others having this issue :(

Anyone here experienced it? How can it be fixed?

It's not an IOS issue, it's a handset issue

If both the Mrs and I leave the house with 100% battery and no background programmes running and just use our phones for basic internet, my battery goes down at an alarming rate compared to hers.

We both have IOS 6 (and phones are the same age)

Clapham Grand 14-01-2013 06:29 PM

it is an IOS issue - not handset! Handset was fine before update - now I lose 10% of battery in 30 minutes!!!

it makes the phone virtually unusable - no-one else had this!

There are thousands of complaints on the net, Apple refusing to acknowledge it as an issue

kolinkins 14-01-2013 06:30 PM

Hmmm, not sure CG, not sure at all. I cannot see why with iOS 6, the mrs and I have phones with totally different performance

I feel your pain though, I leave home with 100% battery, get to work an hour later with 60% ish.

PengeEagle 14-01-2013 06:46 PM

My wife and I had similar battery issues when we first got the iPhone 4S. My battery would disappear a lot faster than hers, and also she would have 3G signal when I didn't and visa versa.

This was on iOS5.

Both phones have been swapped for new ones at the apple store under warranty and the issues haven't happened with the new handsets, even before the iOS6 upgrade and after.

Isle of Wight 14-01-2013 08:51 PM

Had this as an issue with my 1st 4s along with a yellow screen. Sent it back and the we one was fine. Two people in my office upgraded to 6 and had battery issues. One has since upgraded to an iPhone 5. Both his 5 os6 and my 4s os5 outlast the other chaps 4s os6. OS or hardware? No idea but I have 0 interest in upgrading. Maps, YouTube, Siri still a waste of space and now battery issues. Apple are fast shooting themselves in the foot.

NO1FAN 14-01-2013 09:48 PM

It's a back up issue I think. If you try and start your phone again from scratch the problem will go had a similar problem here

andyocpfc 01-02-2013 10:46 AM

Sorry if this has been asked copious times but, is there a way to delete Library photos without connecting to iTunes?

If not, can I connect to any computer or does it have to be the computer i set up the account with?

TIA

Heb 7:4 01-02-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc
Sorry if this has been asked copious times but, is there a way to delete Library photos without connecting to iTunes?

If not, can I connect to any computer or does it have to be the computer i set up the account with?

TIA

Yes, in photos hit the button top right (the send to icon, looks like an arrow leaving a box).

Select all the photos you want to get rid of (a little tick will appear on each one)

Hit delete.

andyocpfc 01-02-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Yes, in photos hit the button top right (the send to icon, looks like an arrow leaving a box).

Select all the photos you want to get rid of (a little tick will appear on each one)

Hit delete.

It doesn't work on mine. There is no delete function to touch once selected. That only works on camera roll photos on mine :(

James 01-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

TIA

You cannot delete them individually. You can with pictures taken with your iPhone (i.e. in Camera roll - there is a trash can bottom right, which you click to delete).

Here's a useful page which tells you how to remove Library Photos using your PC.

andyocpfc 01-02-2013 12:54 PM

Thanks James, I'll give it whirl.

disco mixx kidd 04-02-2013 03:35 PM

This apple remote app, is it only a remote control? U can't watch , stream movies or music to iPhone?

SEEPEEEFFSEE 05-02-2013 11:42 AM

Really annoyed last night, my iphone 4 had 33% battery remaining, suddenly decides to reboot itself then once it come back on had deleted all my contacts. I did a quick google search and it seems its happened to a few people. Totally baffled and pissed off in equal measure because there are contacts on there that i'll never get back again!

Isle of Wight 05-02-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
Really annoyed last night, my iphone 4 had 33% battery remaining, suddenly decides to reboot itself then once it come back on had deleted all my contacts. I did a quick google search and it seems its happened to a few people. Totally baffled and pissed off in equal measure because there are contacts on there that i'll never get back again!

You should be able to next time you sync and it imports your contacts back to the phone.

SEEPEEEFFSEE 05-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
You should be able to next time you sync and it imports your contacts back to the phone.

Cheers, I think i'll be out of luck though. Last week I sold my imac which was the only computer I ever sync'd it to!

Golf Boy 29-03-2013 10:38 AM

I can't install skype onto an iphone4 - says it requires ios5. How do i update it?

Heb 7:4 29-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy
I can't install skype onto an iphone4 - says it requires ios5. How do i update it?

If your operating system is new enough, go to settings, general, software update, hit update.

Since you probably haven't updated it since buying (we're on ios6 now), you might need to plug into your computer. iTunes should start and tell you there is new software available and you can download and install.

Though I'd advise backing up your phone first.

Make sure you use the computer you first set your phone up with.

Golf Boy 29-03-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

If your operating system is new enough, go to settings, general, software update, hit update.

Since you probably haven't updated it since buying (we're on ios6 now), you might need to plug into your computer. iTunes should start and tell you there is new software available and you can download and install.

Though I'd advise backing up your phone first.

Make sure you use the computer you first set your phone up with.

That computer is broken?

This i my old iphone so it is now my sons. My new one is also an iphone4 but it asks me automatically for those ios thingy's, which is also Ios6 now.

Just tried settings and it doesn't give me the option of an update

karl.eldridge 29-03-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

That computer is broken?

This i my old iphone so it is now my sons. My new one is also an iphone4 but it asks me automatically for those ios thingy's, which is also Ios6 now.

Just tried settings and it doesn't give me the option of an update

You can update your iPhone on any PC with iTunes installed. It won't delete anything off the iPhone unless something goes terribly wrong. :)

rednblue eagle 05-04-2013 12:04 PM

How easy is it to unlock at Iphone 4?

I've got one on 3 and now want to use an 02 sim in it.

Can it be unlocked in a shop just like any other phone?

doa 05-04-2013 12:14 PM

3 will do it for you for 15.32, maybe the safest way to do it. link is here:
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...=obj%284363%29

PalaceMonkey 05-04-2013 12:26 PM

3 charge? cheeky feckers.

o2 unlock their phones for free (as long as contract is up)

rednblue eagle 05-04-2013 12:34 PM

Thanks DOA, i'll probably give that a go.

Does seem a bit of a joke that they charge though.

doa 05-04-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
3 charge? cheeky feckers.

o2 unlock their phones for free (as long as contract is up)

i know, o2 unlock them now for free on pay monthly even if your contract isn't up. if you want to go elsewhere you have to buy out the remaining term i think

doa 05-04-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednblue eagle
Thanks DOA, i'll probably give that a go.

Does seem a bit of a joke that they charge though.

i think they are the only ones that do charge

karl.eldridge 05-04-2013 07:52 PM

Has anyone got there i5 jailbroken on 6.1.2 and what website should I go to to do it?

doa 05-04-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl.eldridge
Has anyone got there i5 jailbroken on 6.1.2 and what website should I go to to do it?

See here
http://www.evasionjailbreak.com/ios-...-with-evasi0n/

karl.eldridge 06-04-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doa

Just done it. I've jail-broken it before and got a ton of cool apps, only one im having an issue with is after uninstalling springjumps the icons reappear after deleting them all the time.

Adlerhorst 15-04-2013 12:53 PM

One dropped iphone (actually i lie, it's been dropped many many times, though this time the glass shattered).

Hoping replacing the front is not too tricky to do. Battery was a piece of piss, but this looks harder.

doa 15-04-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
One dropped iphone (actually i lie, it's been dropped many many times, though this time the glass shattered).

Hoping replacing the front is not too tricky to do. Battery was a piece of piss, but this looks harder.

One of these may help

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_4#guideListi

Rizza 15-04-2013 10:51 PM

replacing screen is easy, just need to follow a screw map cos thats were most people go wrong

try this
http://ifixit-documents.s3.amazonaws...QhWflhErjZ.pdf

hope this helps and good luck :)if only the 4 was like the 3gs and 5 (screen of first)

Adlerhorst 16-04-2013 01:51 PM

Yep, used ifixit before for the battery replacement. Have a screw map.

Alas it is a 4.

Adlerhorst 16-04-2013 02:38 PM

Parts have arrived.

Adlerhorst 17-04-2013 12:16 AM

Well that was bloody hard going

I have just spent well over an hour with a pair of industrial standard Dumont 4 Inox 8 tweezers picking of miniscle pieces of broken glass from the extremely overglued base unit before I put the new front unit on.

Accidentally broke off two of the four EMI fingers putting it back together but doesn't appear to have screwed up the reception.

Replaced the home button while I was at it.

FWIW I was fairly sure I was going to destroy it, so nice surprise that it still works.

LLCOOLSTEVE 17-04-2013 09:23 PM

O2 3G been crap for anyone else today??

Ralph 17-04-2013 09:32 PM

Today? For me it's been crap for most of its lifespan.

karl.eldridge 22-04-2013 02:52 PM

If you have a jailbroken iPhone what does your home screen/lock screen look like?

Golf Boy 30-04-2013 02:08 PM

I was told Flash is history, but over half the videos i click on require flash player. Any way around this so i can actually see what i want to see on the phone and tablet?

Heb 7:4 30-04-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

I was told Flash is history, but over half the videos i click on require flash player. Any way around this so i can actually see what i want to see on the phone and tablet?

Many sites have their own app, but puffin browser lets you view flash

Golf Boy 30-04-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Many sites have their own app, but puffin browser lets you view flash

Thanks.

andyocpfc 05-06-2013 01:27 PM

Can anyone help. On my IP4 I use the Hotmail app/shortcut using Safari and it keeps logging me off my email so I keep having to input my username and password. It's only just in the last few weeks started doing this and may have been because i've done something in settings but can't for the life of me work out what. Can anyone help?

CT_Palace 05-06-2013 01:33 PM

Is there a "remember me" field you un-checked?

Alternatively, why don't you set your hotmail up as an additional account in the mail app?

andyocpfc 05-06-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace
Is there a "remember me" field you un-checked?

Alternatively, why don't you set your hotmail up as an additional account in the mail app?

Not that I can see. Sometimes it remembers me and other times it doesn't and have to log on again.

I already have but I prefer to use the hotmail app in safari as the app doesn't seem to clear emails when read on desktop so have to delete/view again.

montstar 05-06-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Can anyone help. On my IP4 I use the Hotmail app/shortcut using Safari and it keeps logging me off my email so I keep having to input my username and password. It's only just in the last few weeks started doing this and may have been because i've done something in settings but can't for the life of me work out what. Can anyone help?

Have you gone to Settings>mail> "account name" and checked each password is there?

MrKAF 09-06-2013 12:00 PM

just managed to get my IP5 replaced. Found a couple of dead pixels, they are absolutely tiny, but thought i would have a look online. Looks like a fairly common problem, so got the apple store, and had a replacement phone within 5 minutes.

Happy i managed to get a replacement one, the one i replaced was scratched and scuffed everywhere!

karl.eldridge 10-06-2013 12:13 PM

WWDC today at 6pm

With Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) kicking off next Monday, June 10 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time with a keynote address, it's time for a roundup of rumors about what we might see at the event.

In announcing the conference back in late April, Apple unsurprisingly revealed that it will be delivering "new versions of iOS and OS X" to developers, undoubtedly referring to iOS 7 and OS X 10.9. And as has become tradition since Apple moved its iPhone launches later in the year starting in 2011, WWDC 2013 is indeed expected to live up to its developer focus with an emphasis on software.

iOS 7

iOS 7 will almost certainly make its consumer debut alongside updated iPhone hardware later this year, but WWDC will offer the first glimpse of the upcoming software and Apple should spend a fair amount of the keynote walking through the changes. Apple will also begin seeding versions of iOS 7 to developers at WWDC, giving them time to help test the operating system itself and to build and update their own apps to take advantage of new features coming in iOS 7.

The big discussion surrounding iOS 7 has been regarding a new "flat design" driven by Jony Ive, who took over control of Apple's software-focused Human Interface team late last year in addition to his longtime role as head of Industrial Design.

Smoz 10-06-2013 12:44 PM

Looks like the keynote presentation will be streamed live to Apple TV devices

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/...e-to-apple-tv/

karl.eldridge 10-06-2013 08:44 PM

Wow. Just wow. Completely redesigned.

Heb 7:4 10-06-2013 09:08 PM

iOS 7 looks rather smart I must say

Isle of Wight 10-06-2013 11:13 PM

I was set to rip in to another load of unnecessary stuff from Apple but have to say I am quite impressed. I'm not in favour of all this simplifying stuff, I can never find where all the buttons are. But this looks great. Colours remind me of metro for some reason and my concern is they seem to have moved from google to Bing. Which to me is the worse load of bollox as a search engine. This is in the Siri bit which in itself is a load of bollox anyway. Hope they allow safari to use google in the search bar still.

stinky 10-06-2013 11:13 PM

Looks like they've realised what Android does well and are doing something about it.

Looks rather smart, I must say.

Galo 11-06-2013 09:04 AM

Meh, changing a few icons and the font is hardly revolutionary but then that's been the case for apple over the last couple of years now. Who even uses that compass?

Heb 7:4 11-06-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galo
Meh, changing a few icons and the font is hardly revolutionary but then that's been the case for apple over the last couple of years now. Who even uses that compass?

Compass is one of my most used apps.

That and outdoorsGPS

Biggineagle 11-06-2013 01:33 PM

Do people still have Iphones ?? Really ??

Heb 7:4 11-06-2013 01:40 PM

Never had you down as a hipster Biggin :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/27369428.jpg

Biggineagle 11-06-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

:):p

stinky 11-06-2013 01:43 PM

I'd be surprised if Google didn't have something to say about this.

The 'control centre' and 'notification centre' basically look like they've been lifted from Android.

Having said that, iOS 7 is the first iOS I actually think looks good. I'd be tempted away from Android if the next iPhone was decent (by that I mean the same build quality but with a larger and thinner form, like the HTC One- see below)

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/HTC_One_360_Wide.png

karl.eldridge 11-06-2013 01:59 PM

Just installed this. Must say it's very very nice, nice and sleek. Everything just looks/feels better.

Heb 7:4 11-06-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Just installed this. Must say it's very very nice, nice and sleek. Everything just looks/feels better.

Can you tell me if they've fixed the sideways scrolling monstrosity of an app store? I went back to iOS5 because of that (and maps)

karl.eldridge 11-06-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Can you tell me if they've fixed the sideways scrolling monstrosity of an app store? I went back to iOS5 because of that (and maps)

http://i.imgur.com/KuJ6cJG.png
http://i.imgur.com/bXAxBrZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/YRsKrXz.png

Heb 7:4 11-06-2013 03:32 PM

Ah well. I guess I'll learn to live with it, because I like the look of it.

Blind_Eagle 11-06-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

I'm confused, my phone says its currently iOS 6.1.4 and the software is 'up to date'

How have you managed to install iOS 7? - or have I missed something blazingly obvious? :confused:

Heb 7:4 11-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
I'm confused, my phone says its currently iOS 6.1.4 and the software is 'up to date'

How have you managed to install iOS 7? - or have I missed something blazingly obvious? :confused:

If you're a developer you can download the beta release

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/...to-developers/

Full release not out till autumn, when you're phone will prompt you to update, as long as you've got an iPhone 4 or later.

Blind_Eagle 11-06-2013 10:07 PM

Thank you Heb.

Isle of Wight 11-06-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Heb how did you go backwards? I thought once you went from say 5 to 6 it was tough? I saw the maps debacle and so am still on 5 fortunately but this looks good enough for me to make the move when it comes out and suffer apple maps.

yorkshire eagle 11-06-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

I would not swap my nokia lumia 920 for anything:p

Adlerhorst 23-06-2013 02:58 PM

Think my old iPhone 4 has given up the ghost.

Having loads of battery issues since 6.1.3 (on a new battery as well) and now it turned itself off with about 70% battery left and won't turn back on (apple sign comes up then goes away then comes up again).

Will try DFUing it, but then it's a hunt for the old battery to see if the new one is a dud (which seems unlikely as it was working fine before 6.1.3 and this).

Heb 7:4 23-06-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Heb how did you go backwards? I thought once you went from say 5 to 6 it was tough? I saw the maps debacle and so am still on 5 fortunately but this looks good enough for me to make the move when it comes out and suffer apple maps.

There's a small window after the release of a new OS where apple are still signing off the old ones. So, after finding no google maps and a shit app store, I downloaded iOS 5.1.1 off the Internet, and did a fresh install of my phone using that.

Can't be done now though.

I'll go to ios7 though. Google maps app is good, there are decent old google maps options, and the new app store looks an improvement in ios6, even if not as good as ios5.

MrKAF 24-06-2013 02:55 PM

What browser do people use on their iPhones? I just started using dolphin which seems quite good with a nice layout (despite the green)

Ridcully 24-06-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

I find Apple maps ok these days, much improved.

You do know Google released maps on ISO6 too don't you?