CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   THE BIG MATCH REVISITED (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182044)

ElwissAtMemphis 01-04-2021 06:50 PM



Here's some nostalgia for you; the full highlights. Nowhere near as high scoring as you remember but you recalled the major incidents correctly. Jordan wiping out Aleksic is at about 11:30 and Ardiles late winner at 33:30. (You'll have to watch it all for Coppell's clearance)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 01-04-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 15725753)


Here's some nostalgia for you; the full highlights. Nowhere near as high scoring as you remember but you recalled the major incidents correctly. Jordan wiping out Aleksic is at about 11:30 and Ardiles late winner at 33:30. (You'll have to watch it all for Coppell's clearance)

:p

Prince Phillip 03-04-2021 11:31 AM

Look like we're about to be on again in a minute. Forest at Home, Dec 1979.

Polak 03-04-2021 11:34 AM

Excellent. The Whitehorse looks good

Prince Phillip 03-04-2021 11:36 AM

Only one sub. Must be a virus or something.

Baffled Bob 2 03-04-2021 11:43 AM

That kit :love:

JAS78 03-04-2021 11:45 AM

Palace 1-0 HT

Ian Walsh

Selhurst is very loud

Prince Phillip 03-04-2021 11:46 AM

That roof:)

Prince Phillip 03-04-2021 11:59 AM

Jim Cannon is superb in interview. Not a single word minced.

Jacko 03-04-2021 12:30 PM

Great Ipswich side tearing Man City a new one. No gloves for the keepers!
And size of the crowds in Div 4 at Pompey!

Baffled Bob 2 03-04-2021 12:34 PM

Eric Gates = Dead ringer for Modric

wrightchipvcfc 03-04-2021 05:35 PM

If there going week by week in order our game at anfield against Liverpool might be on next week at the time was realy built up by the media as new kids on the block team of the 80s against the established big club Liverpool .

art malice 05-04-2021 12:55 AM

Bit of a Harald Schumacher from Shilton on Ian Walsh. Shame he wasn’t so authoritative in 86

art malice 05-04-2021 01:00 AM

And then lets one through his legs to make up for it. Always liked him.

Jim Cannon 05-04-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15730170)
Bit of a Harald Schumacher from Shilton on Ian Walsh. Shame he wasn’t so authoritative in 86

LOL

I watched this yesterday, I was at the actual match and the only thing I could recall was the goal. Can't believe he got away with that, how times have changed

burgess hill 84 09-04-2021 04:06 PM

Back on again tomorrow morning, Liverpool v Palace, the game that started the end of the team of the 80s. We were never the same after that game.

casinocolin 09-04-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 15735781)
Back on again tomorrow morning, Liverpool v Palace, the game that started the end of the team of the 80s. We were never the same after that game.

This is one Palace game I do not want to see again. :sob:

Ian Hart 10-04-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 15735781)
Back on again tomorrow morning, Liverpool v Palace, the game that started the end of the team of the 80s. We were never the same after that game.

Well, I won't be watching that! :hmph::hmph::hmph:

Baffled Bob 2 10-04-2021 12:37 AM

I often wonder how things might have turned out if we'd won that game

BERT'S HEAD 10-04-2021 01:22 AM

I was there for that humiliation, but if you look at that Liverpool side it absolutely oozed quality with that XI eventually averaging 330 appearances for the club.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.