CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   THE BIG MATCH REVISITED (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182044)

Baffled Bob 2 17-10-2021 01:44 PM

Looking at the trailer for that Beatles film that Peter Jackson has produced, how great would it be if that Man U 5-0 game could get that treatment?

N 19-10-2021 01:55 PM

Home v Charlton I'm sure I recognised that Millwall fan with the ginger hair and glasses from there documentary main stand near the start..

Stats74 14-11-2021 01:28 AM

If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. It’s the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesn’t get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So it’s easy to miss.

eltron 14-11-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stats74 (Post 16102170)
If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. Itís the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesnít get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So itís easy to miss.

Thanks for that heads up Stats!
History will say that we were crap that season.

But, I think we could go through each game and, playing a lot of "what ifs", we could have got out of trouble earlier. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many changes of manager and we may just have stayed up.

You may say I'm a dreamer....

Olympian2 14-11-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltron (Post 16102482)
Thanks for that heads up Stats!
History will say that we were crap that season.

But, I think we could go through each game and, playing a lot of "what ifs", we could have got out of trouble earlier. Maybe we wouldn't have had so many changes of manager and we may just have stayed up.

You may say I'm a dreamer....

Blimey, thatís a lot of ĎWhat If?sí. We finished 16 points from safety & it was only 2 points for a win in those days. I was only 11 & I knew we were down in January! :p

eltron 15-11-2021 06:13 PM

I promise you - leave it with me and I will apply enough "what ifs" to turn our season around.

eltron 15-11-2021 06:17 PM

Man City's 2nd goal had a hand-ball in it that VAR would have chalked off.
We would have gone into the last few minutes 2-1 up - and would have no doubt, seen the game out.

That's 2 points to us, and 2 points off Man City.

As I say, leave it with me - I will rescue our 80-91 season.

Olympian2 15-11-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltron (Post 16103835)
Man City's 2nd goal had a hand-ball in it that VAR would have chalked off.
We would have gone into the last few minutes 2-1 up - and would have no doubt, seen the game out.

That's 2 points to us, and 2 points off Man City.

As I say, leave it with me - I will rescue our 80-91 season.

Fantastic! Am really looking forward to reading how we were the moral League Champions in 80-81 :lux: :p

Olympian2 15-11-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltron (Post 16103835)
Man City's 2nd goal had a hand-ball in it that VAR would have chalked off.
We would have gone into the last few minutes 2-1 up - and would have no doubt, seen the game out.

That's 2 points to us, and 2 points off Man City.

As I say, leave it with me - I will rescue our 80-91 season.

Coventry away & Allenís stanchion goal - thatís another easy 2 point gainÖ :D

Bizarro 15-11-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stats74 (Post 16102170)
If anyone missed it Palace v Man City (Nov 1980) was on the Big Match Revisited on Saturday morning on ITV4. Itís the feature game before Villa v Arsenal and Utd v Southampton. Doesnít get a mention on the info bar/programme details. So itís easy to miss.

My first game

eltron 15-11-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16103853)
My first game

Your first game - and we concede in 13 seconds!!!!

Bizarro 15-11-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltron (Post 16103857)
Your first game - and we concede in 13 seconds!!!!

It all went wrong after I started going to games, took us about 5 years to recover!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.