CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

eaglejez 30-08-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles #1
Not just me then. ******* annoying, I was looking forward to checking the scores at half time on my accumalator when at the Palace :(

Yep. Great phone but not so good infrastructure !! I wonder if our grandchildren will still be moaning about poor signal.

Ridcully 30-08-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
thanks. I don't get the 'not subscribed' bit since I haven't jailbreaked..I'm on the O2 network. I think it must be where there is not a very good signal which must be following me around today !! Seems a bit better at the moment



Apologies for the moaning ! iPhone frustrations !!

Its not the phone, its O2s appalling 3G infrastructure, I don't really bother with 3G much anymore because of it. Only 3 months to go and I can move to a better carrier. The T-Mobile offer interests me greatly but might get a G-Phone on voda unless I unlock this thing....

Ridcully 30-08-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
There is no way I would do a long contract on t-mobile for a 3G, would consider it for a 3GS

No need if you already have a 3G, for an upgrade I'd get the 3GS but to be honest they are not really that much different.

LLCOOLSTEVE 01-09-2009 10:27 PM

Docking station reccomendations anyone???

Baloo 02-09-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Flick Cricket is a great app :)

Cheers for the tip - it's great.

Dave 02-09-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
No need if you already have a 3G, for an upgrade I'd get the 3GS but to be honest they are not really that much different.

better battery and cpu wfm

bigend1 02-09-2009 03:41 PM

very seriosuly thinking about one today as my contract up tomorrow. 3gs...
o2. worth it? or does anyone know of anything better about to come out? also is the iphone an ipod touch with a phone or is it lacking in someway compared to the touch? with both phone and ipod overdue a replacement the iphone does seem the obvious choice. any advice greatly recieved.

eaglejez 02-09-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
better battery and cpu wfm

Although the speed it runs out when you are using email and Internet means it has big limitations as a full on work aid. Still good but massively overhyped until they sort the battery life out

Dave 02-09-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
Although the speed it runs out when you are using email and Internet means it has big limitations as a full on work aid. Still good but massively overhyped until they sort the battery life out

e are talking about the difference between the 3G and 3GS - you are aware of that?

Dave 02-09-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1
very seriosuly thinking about one today as my contract up tomorrow. 3gs...
o2. worth it? or does anyone know of anything better about to come out? also is the iphone an ipod touch with a phone or is it lacking in someway compared to the touch? with both phone and ipod overdue a replacement the iphone does seem the obvious choice. any advice greatly recieved.

n900 ftw

Stavros 69 02-09-2009 06:12 PM

I think the battery is worse on the 3gs. Not impressed at all.

Heb 7:4 02-09-2009 06:25 PM

My 3GS is ok. Lasts a day and a half with average use. Lasts longer then that if I'm just texting and using iPod.

WiFi battery life is very good (3G isn't) and GPS drains it like anything, but the sheer number of wifi hotspots it links into means I'm often on Wifi anyway. I did have to talk the old lady running the tea stall to charge it up for me at Shambala this weekend, whereas my old nokia would have done the 3 days straight, but it isn't a huge issue for so brilliant a phone

Using my HTC Touch HD (by no means a rubbish phone) is just frustrating now in comparison.

eaglejez 03-09-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
e are talking about the difference between the 3G and 3GS - you are aware of that?

the thread is about the Iphone. lots of people are discussing the 3gs.
The 3GS is great but the battery life is limiting. Hopefully technology will improve.

jx2384 03-09-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
n900 ftw

Is the N900 out yet? I cant seem to find it on any networks

Dave 03-09-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglejez
the thread is about the Iphone. lots of people are discussing the 3gs.
The 3GS is great but the battery life is limiting. Hopefully technology will improve.

The 3GS has better battery than the 3G

Smoz 03-09-2009 02:42 PM

Not significantly better, especially if you prefer not to switch off the 3G.

I think that my 3GS is a great phone but wouldn't suggest that 3G owners rush to upgrade.

toucaneagle 03-09-2009 02:49 PM

Big announcements next week (Weds) but more on the iPods than iPhone but there are also rumours that O2 may be dropped as the exclusive UK carrier. If I were looking to buy a 3GS I would wait a couple of weeks to see what happens.

Stavros 69 03-09-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
The 3GS has better battery than the 3G

I wouldnt say so.

Smoz 03-09-2009 03:35 PM

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare-iphones/

Very little in it battery wise apart from slightly improved talk time if you switch to 2g, slightly better internet use over wi-fi (3g is the same), slightly better audio and video playback. Same standby, same talk time on 3g, same internet time on 3g.

In the real world, if your usage is a mixture of most of the above plus general app' usage I don't think you would notice much of an improvement.

Dave 03-09-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare-iphones/

Very little in it battery wise apart from slightly improved talk time if you switch to 2g, slightly better internet use over wi-fi (3g is the same), slightly better audio and video playback. Same standby, same talk time on 3g, same internet time on 3g.

In the real world, if your usage is a mixture of most of the above plus general app' usage I don't think you would notice much of an improvement.

a jump from 7 to 10 hours video isn't slightly better it's a huge jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.