CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Palace Stickers, Bubblegum & Ciggie Cards (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35060)

Dorking .Eagle 23-02-2014 05:00 PM

The first two (Kember and Birchenall) are VERY unusual - never seen them before, and no idea what set or series they are from. The rest are common, but nice items to have nevertheless.

The playing cards are club shop ones, from a time when the club shop sold a wide range of cheap stuff.

Dorking .Eagle 23-02-2014 05:11 PM

Match Attax 13-14 - ASIAN EDITION

43 Speroni
44 Mariappa
45 Gabbidon
46 Ward
47 Williams
48 Jedinak
49 Bolasie
50 Puncheon
51 Bannan
52 CHAMAKH STAR SIGNING
53 Gayle


http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psb472fc67.jpghttp://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps504e8e2a.jpg

The ratings (scores) on the Speroni card is different to that on the UK equivalent (not that many buy them to play the game, most are just 'collected'). All have different card numbers to the UK release.

PeterK 24-02-2014 11:39 AM

.......more bloody Asian variations lol

HRP 25-02-2014 08:31 PM

Match attax extra is out this week

New cards such as gabbidon man on the match
Tony pullis

5 cards in total

Dorking .Eagle 25-02-2014 10:14 PM

Match Attax extra checklist (9 cards total)

U14 O'Keefe
U15 Campana
U16 Guedioura
U17 Jerome

C5 Jedinak (Captain)

GC9 Puncheon (Game Changer)
GC10 Chamakh (Game Changer) (one of the 2 game changers is foil)

MN2 Pulis (Manager)

M5 Gabbidon (Man of the Match) (rainbow foil)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Match-Attax-E...TDkdC/$_58.JPG

They are out in shops on the 27th February

PeterK 25-02-2014 11:21 PM

Thanks HRP and Dorking Eagle. Every time I think I have the lot..some more come out !!!! lol

Dorking .Eagle 26-02-2014 07:29 AM

One that slipped my radar earlier in the season

INT7 - Jedinak 'Superstar'

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps49cf2384.jpg

It's a UK release variant, but was only featured on sheets of six cards - which were given away with newspapers etc at the time the original set was released. Hence the perforations

Dorking .Eagle 26-02-2014 07:33 AM

For the completeists

Match Attax 13/14 Russian release

The big difference being that the positions and 'scores' are in Cyrillic!

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l180/...00000043_1.jpghttp://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l180/...00000048_1.jpghttp://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l180/...00000052_1.jpg

RUSSIAN checklist

43 Speroni
44 Mariappa
45 Gabbidon
46 Ward
47 Williams
48 Jedinak
49 Bolasie
50 Puncheon
51 Bannan
52 Chamakh Star Signing (Foil)
53 Gayle

(ie same set numbering as Asian release)

PeterK 26-02-2014 10:12 AM

one step forward.....2 steps backwards. Thanks David haha

Dorking .Eagle 26-02-2014 02:31 PM

I'm 99% sure I'll uncover more releases yet!!!

Latvian Eagle 27-02-2014 06:03 AM

When I was going through ebay for some old Palace cards I came across some old squad pictures... We had this weird habit of having kits in our team photos that were never used...

For example, 1990/91 Nigel Martyn in a yellow Goalkeeper shirt with fuzzy black lines that was never worn, and Suckling / Woodman in a Pink version of the Green keeper shirt Nige would wear from the ZDS Final onwards, the Pink one was never worn.

Then the 1991/92 Squad photo, all the Non playing staff are in the Previous seasons All Blue kit with Tulip Computers on the front, this also was never worn as our Away kit that season was the Brazil kit.

HRP 28-02-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 11595119)
One that slipped my radar earlier in the season

INT7 - Jedinak 'Superstar'

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps49cf2384.jpg

It's a UK release variant, but was only featured on sheets of six cards - which were given away with newspapers etc at the time the original set was released. Hence the perforations

Hi , this is the same photo that appears on the new match attax range , c5

Only difference is his value has gone upto 6 million

HRP 28-02-2014 01:36 PM

The following card will be out in April in the match attax World Cup series

16 jedinak

Dorking .Eagle 28-02-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRP (Post 11597968)
Hi , this is the same photo that appears on the new match attax range , c5

Only difference is his value has gone upto 6 million

Good spot!! :p Up an extra 1.5m!!!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps5f587e81.jpg

Latvian Eagle 05-03-2014 12:34 PM

God Damn this thread... Since reading it I have bought the Full sets of Palace Pro Sets 90/91 and 91/92, Shooting Stars 91/92, and also St. Johnstone Pro Sets and Panini cards.

Dorking .Eagle 07-03-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRP (Post 11598170)
The following card will be out in April in the match attax World Cup series

16 jedinak

:p

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...psd3abf196.jpghttp://www.stick-it-now.de/images/ar...5fe8eff0_5.jpg

Value back down to 5m :D

PeterK 07-03-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 11609203)

Thank you David, what would we do without you? lol

Dorking .Eagle 12-03-2014 07:39 AM

Match Attax - another variation
 
Another Match Attax variation has caught my attention.

From the original 2013/14 set, card No 77, Mariappa

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps3526249b.gif

The original card has the stats as Defence 22/ Attack 67
The corrected card has the stats as Defence 67/ Attack 22

Most card dealers such as on ebay etc will have the wrong (early) version, as they buy their stocks on the day the cards come out.


More news in the next day or two of 3 new Palace players on Match Attax!

PeterK 12-03-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 11616910)
Another Match Attax variation has caught my attention.

From the original 2013/14 set, card No 77, Mariappa

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps3526249b.gif

The original card has the stats as Defence 22/ Attack 67
The corrected card has the stats as Defence 67/ Attack 22

Most card dealers such as on ebay etc will have the wrong (early) version, as they buy their stocks on the day the cards come out.


More news in the next day or two of 3 new Palace players on Match Attax!

Cheers David,,,,have you seen the Russian or Vietnamese ones yet?

Dorking .Eagle 12-03-2014 12:13 PM

Match Attax Russian release 2013/14 - Yes, I managed to get one of each Palace card (unfortunately only one of each card was on ebay as Buy it Now"s) - ebay seller was neil_goulding


Match Attax Vietnam edition 2013/14 - nothing yet. There are only 3 cards for each club as each is issued in a packet of crisps (memories of Andy Linighan in packets of Wotsits) called Poca Chips. So 60 players in total.

The 3 Palace Players are Speroni, Bannan and Jedinak (I think). They are small and made of thin plastic for practical reasons.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.