CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Timbo 06-12-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15005563)
Surely you can understand how a healthy, non pregnant young woman could find you giving up your seat for her a tad patronising.

Yes, the odd silly, self opinionated tart, with a negative mindset, might feel that way, but who gives a shit about that if it makes the man feel better anyway. Its a win win for males :lux::lux:

davech 06-12-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15005563)
Surely you can understand how a healthy, non pregnant young woman could find you giving up your seat for her a tad patronising.

Even more so a fat pikey who is isn't pregnant either :D

CP-RJW 06-12-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 15005594)
Even more so a fat pikey who is isn't pregnant either :D

:D

CT_Palace 06-12-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatter8142 (Post 15005498)
Me too, I have them at least 3 times a week. Food of the Gods.

Do you fart competitively by any chance?

art malice 06-12-2019 03:29 PM

On SSN: ‘Brendan Rodgers is confident he can help Leicester build a successful future going forward’.

FFS

CT_Palace 06-12-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15005607)
On SSN: ‘Brendan Rodgers is confident he can help Leicester build a successful future going forward’.

FFS

Startling news! You'd think he would be all negative looking at their string of recent results.

However, I'm glad he clarified what "future" meant. :rolleyes:

CT_Palace 06-12-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15005486)
As you know my principal work is two blocks from my home. My business clases are all in the centre. I use the metro about twice a month - thank feck.

It is a victim of its own success.

Indeed you have it easy in that respect.
My main bugbear with this guy was his inconsiderate "me me me" attitude. and whilst I too get annoyed by people not moving down the carriage, this was not one of those occasions. It was rush hour, there's a train every 60 seconds FFS and he could have walked 5 minutes to his station anyway.

Coastal Palace 06-12-2019 03:44 PM

People from this country referring to Christmas as 'the holidays'.

thefox 06-12-2019 04:26 PM

Christmas decorations and songs in December WTF is that all about ?

thefox 06-12-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatter8142 (Post 15005498)
Me too, I have them at least 3 times a week. Food of the Gods.

It must stink under your duvet.

CP-RJW 06-12-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 15005632)
People from this country referring to Christmas as 'the holidays'.

Happy holidays.

Mr Mojo Risin 06-12-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15005607)
On SSN: ‘Brendan Rodgers is confident he can help Leicester build a successful future going forward’.

FFS

I mean what is he going to say? “Brendan Rogers is having a crisis of confidence that will see them plummet to League Two and recklessly spend so much money that they end up in administration.”

Pointless statement and pointless news story.

ExiledStirling 06-12-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 15005679)
I mean what is he going to say? “Brendan Rogers is having a crisis of confidence that will see them plummet to League Two and recklessly spend so much money that they end up in administration.”

Pointless statement and pointless news story.

So unlike SSN

PeterH 06-12-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15005625)
Indeed you have it easy in that respect.
My main bugbear with this guy was his inconsiderate "me me me" attitude. and whilst I too get annoyed by people not moving down the carriage, this was not one of those occasions. It was rush hour, there's a train every 60 seconds FFS and he could have walked 5 minutes to his station anyway.

Are you sure he wasn't coming from a connecting station?

I'll add a really annoying story using the metro...

Maybe a year or so ago, I waited about 4 trains to squeeze on to a carriage. Just coming into a station about two stop later there was the kind of shuffling that suggested people were looking to get off. At the station, I popped out the door to let those behind me out. No one got out - and two or three people pushed past me and stole my space.

As I tried to squueze back in, people started shouting about there being a pregnant womn in there - the shouters included Ms Shuffly Falso for the door, and Mr Pushy from the platform.

Needless to say I lost the plot and went fecking ballistic with loads of CSMs.

Never again will I move out the way like that...if you cant beat the herd, best to join them.

Now that was annoying.

davech 06-12-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 15005668)
Christmas decorations and songs in December WTF is that all about ?

Mark my words, they'll be bringing religion into it next.

Worksop Palace 06-12-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15005563)
Surely you can understand how a healthy, non pregnant young woman could find you giving up your seat for her a tad patronising.

No

Wayne Andrews is God 06-12-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 15005632)
People from this country referring to Christmas as 'the holidays'.

More and more American terms are infecting English speakers here.

'Take out' instead of 'Take Away' (my Dad now says this and I pedantically do not accept it from him)
'Play Date' instead of just a kid going around someone's house
'Can I get'' instead of 'can I have'
'I was sick' instead of 'I was ill' - being sick is the act of vomiting not lying in bed with a cold.

You wait, it won't be long until we will be celebrating Thanksgiving, it is starting to be pumped into our consciousness in this country.

Hedgehog 06-12-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15005850)
You wait, it won't be long until we will be celebrating Thanksgiving, it is starting to be pumped into our consciousness in this country.

Where do you think Black Friday's came from.

Always thought The UK is missing a trick with not having Thanksgiving... it's not even a religious holiday. Only commercial problem that it is not a gift giving holiday (which makes it so palatable to me, but maybe not commerce), so that might explain the omission from The UK calendar.

Next up, 4th July - Independence Day... Brexit Day in the future maybe?

Hedgehog 06-12-2019 07:25 PM

It's happening again... Service person coming (allegedly) between 7am and 9am this morning per their email.

It's now 10:25am and no sign, no messages, no phone calls... I had bloody plans this morning, which are now shot to hell. Wankers.

PIE "N" MASH 06-12-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 15005850)
More and more American terms are infecting English speakers here.

'Take out' instead of 'Take Away' (my Dad now says this and I pedantically do not accept it from him)
'Play Date' instead of just a kid going around someone's house
'Can I get'' instead of 'can I have'
'I was sick' instead of 'I was ill' - being sick is the act of vomiting not lying in bed with a cold.

You wait, it won't be long until we will be celebrating Thanksgiving, it is starting to be pumped into our consciousness in this country.

Add to the naming of things.Schools are now becoming a campus,a work yard(Tideway)is now called a facility and it goes on:jerkit::veryangry


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.