CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

RazorsEdge 20-06-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15851712)
How? I

I've looked without any success. I only see two options. Do it automatically or ask to do it.

But I'll look again.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...stions-firefox

Hedgehog 20-06-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15851740)

Nice try... thanks.

But this is for search options (from what I can tell), not upgrade/update options. From what I've found on help and chat sites Firefox removed the option to never update or suggest update about a year ago. A lot of pissed off comments out there.

RazorsEdge 20-06-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15851748)
Nice try... thanks.

But this is for search options (from what I can tell), not upgrade/update options. From what I've found on help and chat sites Firefox removed the option to never update or suggest update about a year ago. A lot of pissed off comments out there.

Sorry, I thought I found the smoking gun

Herr Colonpharter 20-06-2021 11:26 PM

Bellend sports commentators like Paul McGinley unable to (or too lazy to) correctly pronounce certain golfers names.

Sharkba1t 21-06-2021 08:51 AM

How many times does Gareth Bale say “yeah, no” in interviews. I’m surprised he hasn’t been told it makes no sense. Thick twat.

Olympian2 21-06-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15852013)
How many times does Gareth Bale say “yeah, no” in interviews. I’m surprised he hasn’t been told it makes no sense. Thick twat.

:lux:

Herr Colonpharter 21-06-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 15851824)
Bellend sports commentators like Paul McGinley unable to (or too lazy to) correctly pronounce certain golfers names.

Watching Rip Off Britain. Julia Somerville just pronounced Kirkcaldy KERRCALLDEE :clown:

Panther 21-06-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 15851824)

They still can’t say De Bruyne correctly either. (He says De Bruh-ne, the uh being like ur in hurt.)

Dodger 21-06-2021 01:01 PM

I hate how the term ‘woke’ has been weaponised as a derogatory slur and become common language to take the piss out of people.

In related news, I probably need to spend less time on Twitter.

RazorsEdge 21-06-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15852256)
I hate how the term ‘woke’ has been weaponised as a derogatory slur and become common language to take the piss out of people.

‘woke’ is the new ‘snowflake’ and generally used by the ‘gammons’

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 21-06-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15852256)

Probably. You will see less 'Woke' rhetoric.

And it was the 'Woke' who named themselves as such. Using that term as a shorthand is not necessarily a sign of disrespect, in the same way as 'SJW' clearly is realistically a slur.

But don't worry. The 'Woke' have their own terms for people who won't fully agree with them on everything they feel and have chosen to believe as 'truth.' The kindest term, used by someone right here on the BBS, is the 'Left Behinds.' That one almost reminds one of the conceit of those believing in The Rapture and is the kind of thing that makes people see the Woke as a cult. Then there's the more traditional and very common slurs the Woke hurl; 'Racist,' 'Far / Alt Right,' 'Facist,' 'Nazi,' ect.

Of course, only those truly 'Woke' could have no problem with associating dissenters with such horrible things as those above and, at the same time, feeling themselves victimized for being described by a fairly innocuous term, such as 'Woke,' a term they actually gave themselves.

Yet victimhood and lack of perspective is what being 'Woke' is all about so it's no surprise that the 'Woke' should get into a tizzy about their own name whilst reveling in freely associating other people with Nazism.

Hope that cleared up the confusion.

Little Matt 21-06-2021 01:38 PM

Self closing / push button taps that don't have a delay. You take longer, use more water and wash your hands less well than if they had a sensible delay of e.g. five seconds.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 21-06-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Matt (Post 15852286)
Self closing / push button taps that don't have a delay. You take longer, use more water and wash your hands less well than if they had a sensible delay of e.g. five seconds.

Mesh filters which fall off the tap head, making the head of the tap spray water at high pressure, meaning you either run the tap weakly or get water everywhere. Two days after the sink trap broke away and you had to replace it.

Sick Bucket 21-06-2021 01:47 PM

That reminds me (this must have been mentioned already), lights on a timer in a bog, sitting or shitting in the dark, FFS.

Dodger 21-06-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15852279)
Probably. You will see less 'Woke' rhetoric.

And it was the 'Woke' who named themselves as such. Using that term as a shorthand is not necessarily a sign of disrespect, in the same way as 'SJW' clearly is realistically a slur.

But don't worry. The 'Woke' have their own terms for people who won't fully agree with them on everything they feel and have chosen to believe as 'truth.' The kindest term, used by someone right here on the BBS, is the 'Left Behinds.' That one almost reminds one of the conceit of those believing in The Rapture and is the kind of thing that makes people see the Woke as a cult. Then there's the more traditional and very common slurs the Woke hurl; 'Racist,' 'Far / Alt Right,' 'Facist,' 'Nazi,' ect.

Of course, only those truly 'Woke' could have no problem with associating dissenters with such horrible things as those above and, at the same time, feeling themselves victimized for being described by a fairly innocuous term, such as 'Woke,' a term they actually gave themselves.

Yet victimhood and lack of perspective is what being 'Woke' is all about so it's no surprise that the 'Woke' should get into a tizzy about their own name whilst reveling in freely associating other people with Nazism.

Hope that cleared up the confusion.

You’ve definitely proved a point.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 21-06-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15852348)
You’ve definitely proved a point.

Please don't quote it - many of us have it on ignore :p

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 21-06-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15852301)
That reminds me (this must have been mentioned already), lights on a timer in a bog, sitting or shitting in the dark, FFS.

Ha yes - the showers at my last work in Crawley used to do that, although if you leant out the door and waved your arms around frantically you could get it to come back on :D

Pidster 21-06-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15852468)
Ha yes - the showers at my last work in Crawley used to do that, although if you leant out the door and waved your arms around frantically you could get it to come back on :D

I’m sure some clever dick found another way.

Hedgehog 21-06-2021 05:23 PM

Booking a trip, then two weeks later getting an email from the airline saying they have changed your flights and seating on all four legs of the trip...

It's on American Airlines, and I see today they are cancelling all sorts of flights due to staff shortages... I assume it's related. So far I guess getting put on another flight is good news, albeit a tad inconvenient.

Hedgehog 21-06-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15852013)

I wonder if he says "Si No" in his Spanish interviews?