CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 29-09-2022 04:27 AM

Toyota Camry drivers.

bubbs11 29-09-2022 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 16669431)
Has anyone else noticed that thereís loads more dogshit everywhere recently, much more than there used to be? All over the pavements and parks, itís horrible. I dunno it itís selfish dickheads buying dogs during lockdown then not knowing/caring how to clean up after them, but itís ******* disgusting.

Itís probably driven by the Tories, taking us back to the 70ís/80ís, to go with their Thatcher cosplay.

Every time we used to have a kick about down the park as kids, someone would end up with poo on their trainers. In one memorable moment, my best mate went to block a shot, but the kid shooting not only kicked the ball towards him but also a big dollop of diarrhoea doggy poo. It splattered all over his hair. He had to run home to deal with it leaving a park of kids in a fit of hysterical laughter.

RazorsEdge 29-09-2022 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16669978)
Toyota Camry drivers.

Ainít you glad they are Ďbehind youí ?

big bad John 29-09-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16669983)

Every time we used to have a kick about down the park as kids, someone would end up with poo on their trainers. In one memorable moment, my best mate went to block a shot, but the kid shooting not only kicked the ball towards him but also a big dollop of diarrhoea doggy poo. It splattered all over his hair. He had to run home to deal with it leaving a park of kids in a fit of hysterical laughter.

I was a keeper so my first job, before heroically tipping shots around the pullovers, was to examine the pen area for Frido's leftovers. You got to know which areas of Fort Neef rec were in need of warning signs for, old ladies carrying handbags, diving goalies and those outfield players with a tendancy to make every tackle a sliding one.
Last time I was in the Rec they had an astro-turf 5-aside pitch where the old tennis courts were. Not an aspiring athlete in site. I did see a dog owner picking up though. Something you would have never seen in the 70's. As for the new generation of park ball players. They were probably all at home doing an on-line course on "how to become a pro-footballer in 50 easy lessons" or playing 'football manager."
Looking back, our crew of wannabee football stars would have given up our Peter Bonetti gloves or our tins of Dubbin for that sort of facility.

glenn.f 29-09-2022 05:31 PM

Bell end step sons (again!!) that lack the brains to realise that leaving an under the weather cat with the shits unattended downstairs with no litter tray, while they laze about recovering from a few hours labouring.
Me and the missus were thrilled to come back to the inevitable after our day at work. I got to clean the stinking litter tray from that morning still sat outside, while she got to ditch the handbag our Charlie decided to shat on as a substitute. Removing the contents of the bag while runny slop was still on top was a bit of a challenge, but at least he hadn't got the floor this time.
Needless to say both got full barrels for their idiocy, with eldest manbaby being abruptly awoken from his early evening siesta which did cheer me up a bit from the trauma of burned nostrils and watering eyes.

glenn.f 29-09-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 16669431)
Has anyone else noticed that thereís loads more dogshit everywhere recently, much more than there used to be? All over the pavements and parks, itís horrible. I dunno it itís selfish dickheads buying dogs during lockdown then not knowing/caring how to clean up after them, but itís ******* disgusting.

Up here in Norfolk it is the main whine all over village Facebook groups, so they're just about one step from naming and shaming the owners around the village in a bid to halt rising turd spread. They don't know they're born when you consider what we went through as kids in the 70's growing up around Ashburton fields having a kickabout.

Fatboy 29-09-2022 05:51 PM

The Men's urinals at work and the inability of most male staff to stand close enough for it to catch the drips when finished.

You have to stand at them with your legs open to stop standing in the pool of piss forming on the floor in front.

Hedgehog 29-09-2022 06:02 PM

Getting a new computer (Good thing... not annoying) than having to jump through hoops and frustration getting the thing back so it's usable/how you like it.

Plus some security setting somewhere (probably either in Firefox or the virus protection software on the new computer) causing all sorts of obstacles.

Software tools that needs reloading, but don't have a CD drive anymore, or the software is not supported anymore, so have to buy upgrades... and this is after only one day.

Hedgehog 29-09-2022 08:10 PM

And don't get me started on "Live Chat" that turns out to be a Bot that is as inflexible as a brick wall... Surely the term Live Chat would give the impression you are going to be in contact with a live person?

PalaceForever 29-09-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16670906)
And don't get me started on "Live Chat" that turns out to be a Bot that is as inflexible as a brick wall... Surely the term Live Chat would give the impression you are going to be in contact with a live person?

Yes, this is supremely annoying. Vodafone do this, itís really unhelpful. They also make you answer about 25 questions via an automated system when you call them too. Both feel like methods to waste the customersí time in the hope they give up.

Isle of Wight 29-09-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 16670587)
Up here in Norfolk it is the main whine all over village Facebook groups, so they're just about one step from naming and shaming the owners around the village in a bid to halt rising turd spread. They don't know they're born when you consider what we went through as kids in the 70's growing up around Ashburton fields having a kickabout.

When it was a home game there the first thing the home team did was form a line and clear the pitch. Always the home teamís responsibility 😀 we would have dream of an dog shit free pitch and an Astro would have made us think we had gone to heaven!

Isle of Wight 29-09-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16670906)

I HATE ******* CHAT BOTS just keep tying human. Itís like those stupid ďsay in a few wordsĒ that then say ďhave you checked our website ďOF COURSE I ******* HAVE OTHERWISE I WOULDNT BE PHONING !!!

CT_Palace 29-09-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16670672)
Getting a new computer (Good thing... not annoying) than having to jump through hoops and frustration getting the thing back so it's usable/how you like it.

Plus some security setting somewhere (probably either in Firefox or the virus protection software on the new computer) causing all sorts of obstacles.

Software tools that needs reloading, but don't have a CD drive anymore, or the software is not supported anymore, so have to buy upgrades... and this is after only one day.

So you did pull the trigger. Congrats!

(I'm not going to tell you how easy it was to set up my new MacBook ;) )

CT_Palace 29-09-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16670917)
I HATE ******* CHAT BOTS just keep tying human. Itís like those stupid ďsay in a few wordsĒ that then say ďhave you checked our website ďOF COURSE I ******* HAVE OTHERWISE I WOULDNT BE PHONING !!!

I have found that as soon as you ask the Bot a complicated question it almost always comes back with "A personal representative will be available soon to assist" or some such.
Of course, then there's the interminable wait.

cappuccinoeagle 29-09-2022 09:24 PM

Charlie Stayt- comes across as a sneery individual

Hedgehog 29-09-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16670927)
I have found that as soon as you ask the Bot a complicated question it almost always comes back with "A personal representative will be available soon to assist" or some such.
Of course, then there's the interminable wait.

I just went through one... please say your first name. Went well. Please say your second name. Didn't go well, had to spell it.

Finally got to a "representative" and the first question she has is, "what's your first and last name".... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

RazorsEdge 29-09-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16670985)
I just went through one... please say your first name. Went well. Please say your second name. Didn't go well, had to spell it.

Finally got to a "representative" and the first question she has is, "what's your first and last name".... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

lol

Terrace Bickle 30-09-2022 01:44 PM

Will people contact the press for anything to claim 15mins of fame (courtesy of Popbitch, and do mind your lunch)?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/r...paign=sharebar

[emoji1785]

big bad John 30-09-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 16671956)
Will people contact the press for anything to claim 15mins of fame (courtesy of Popbitch, and do mind your lunch)?

[emoji1785]

Had to laugh--- she's got dog poo hanging out of her mouth but she manages, as she says, "to take a snap." Can't see her getting a snog in the near future.

Fatboy 30-09-2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 16671956)

[emoji1785]

Some people would pay good money for that....

(not me).