CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Joe85 28-12-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 (Post 16177924)
Think Iím going to pop into store today and compare the sizes to be sure. But mini does seem like a more hand held device which is what Iím used too!

Just make sure you buy it online. If you buy in store and change your mind youíre stuck with it.

Smoz 28-12-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 (Post 16177924)
Think I’m going to pop into store today and compare the sizes to be sure. But mini does seem like a more hand held device which is what I’m used too!

If you go for the mini then this looks like a great deal as long as a 24 month contract and capacity suit you, providing the network has good coverage where you need it. iPhone 13 mini 256 gb capacity, £29.99 a month for 24 months, includes 100gb 5g data, unlimited minutes and texts.

I tend to buy the handset up front and go for a 30 day contract instead, but with this deal the cost of the phone and contract is less than buying the handset outright (and go course this includes two years worth of monthly charges). Cost of buying 256 gb mini handset outright = £779. Cost of 24 month contract including handset = £29.99 x 24 = £719.76. Looks too good to be true, can anyone see if there is a catch that I am missing? Delivery date is 20th January though.


https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/iph...s71976-3860471

9Freedman9 29-12-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16179920)
If you go for the mini then this looks like a great deal as long as a 24 month contract and capacity suit you, providing the network has good coverage where you need it. iPhone 13 mini 256 gb capacity, £29.99 a month for 24 months, includes 100gb 5g data, unlimited minutes and texts.

I tend to buy the handset up front and go for a 30 day contract instead, but with this deal the cost of the phone and contract is less than buying the handset outright (and go course this includes two years worth of monthly charges). Cost of buying 256 gb mini handset outright = £779. Cost of 24 month contract including handset = £29.99 x 24 = £719.76. Looks too good to be true, can anyone see if there is a catch that I am missing? Delivery date is 20th January though.


https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/iph...s71976-3860471

Great deal that, especially seeing as itís the 256gb version. Shame itís not available until back end of January!

montstar 29-12-2021 07:01 PM

Always worth checking apple refurbished, get an unlocked phone and just get a sim only deal - works out quite abit cheaper
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished

Eagle's Nest 29-12-2021 07:06 PM

Just get a One Plus

Blind_Eagle 29-12-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16178260)
Just make sure you buy it online. If you buy in store and change your mind youíre stuck with it.

As you should be - unless of course itís faulty. :p

Back on topic (sorry Joe, itís a personal thing:)) I used to buy outright on every major model upgrades outright on release from the first model up to the 7. Like others I think there have been no further amazing improvements that made any real difference to the user experience since then and I havenít bothered to upgrade.

Itís a 128Gb 7, running 15.1 and it seems as fast as the day I bought it.

dweedman 30-12-2021 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16181054)
Just get a One Plus

Xiaomi is a better shout these days

Adlerhorst 30-12-2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16181494)
As you should be - unless of course itís faulty. :p

Back on topic (sorry Joe, itís a personal thing:)) I used to buy outright on every major model upgrades outright on release from the first model up to the 7. Like others I think there have been no further amazing improvements that made any real difference to the user experience since then and I havenít bothered to upgrade.

Itís a 128Gb 7, running 15.1 and it seems as fast as the day I bought it.

Face ID is a basic human right. That came in on the X.

But otherwise it is mostly this is a bit better and thatís a bit better, which is why people are upgrading far less frequently.

Isle of Wight 30-12-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16181961)
Face ID is a basic human right. That came in on the X.

But otherwise it is mostly this is a bit better and thatís a bit better, which is why people are upgrading far less frequently.

Not for the last couple of years its not itís been a pain in our mask wearing society. Also just tapping the fingerprint reader is much better when you donít want to pick up the phone but still want to answer it. :)

Eagle's Nest 30-12-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dweedman (Post 16181553)
Xiaomi is a better shout these days

Yes I'm going to weigh that one up when I come to need a new one. The picture quality on my 8 Pro is really good.

No idea why people buy iPhones for £1200+. I had my phone shipped in from Hong Kong at a cost of £649 and it's better

Stavros 69 30-12-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16182206)
Not for the last couple of years its not itís been a pain in our mask wearing society. Also just tapping the fingerprint reader is much better when you donít want to pick up the phone but still want to answer it. :)

Yep, just had to pop into town with my mask on.
Nightmare with Face ID.

Adlerhorst 30-12-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16182246)
Yes I'm going to weigh that one up when I come to need a new one. The picture quality on my 8 Pro is really good.

No idea why people buy iPhones for £1200+. I had my phone shipped in from Hong Kong at a cost of £649 and it's better

As someone who has worked for a Chinese company who (amongst other things) makes vast vast vast numbers of mobile phones, there are certain things I would now not do, and that includes running a phone where the company is controlled / heavily influenced by the Chinese state. That’s all Chinese mobile phone companies btw.

9Freedman9 31-12-2021 07:38 PM

Picked up a 13 pro in the end. Liking it so far, certainly prefer the larger size over the old SE that I had. Glad I made the jump.

King William 27-01-2022 07:55 PM

Anyone got a home projector that links to iPhone (or iPad / Mac)

To watch Apple TV / Netflix etc…

Thanks

Blind_Eagle 28-01-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16181961)
Face ID is a basic human right. That came in on the X.

I suffer Face ID on the iPad Pro and I hate it!

It’s just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldn’t accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

He just laughed when he realised I was right. I added him and it recognised him every bloody time.

Adlerhorst 30-01-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16239935)
I suffer Face ID on the iPad Pro and I hate it!

It’s just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldn’t accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

He just laughed when he realised I was right. I added him and it recognised him every bloody time.

The problem sounds like it is with your face rather than the system, no? ;)

Blind_Eagle 31-01-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16242983)
The problem sounds like it is with your face rather than the system, no? ;)

Indeed, annoyingly itís the only logical explanation.

montstar 31-01-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16239935)
I suffer Face ID on the iPad Pro and I hate it!

Itís just seems completely unreliable in recognising me. My eldest, whose another Face ID fanboy, just wouldnít accept I was telling the truth so I showed him.

He just laughed when he realised I was right. I added him and it recognised him every bloody time.

Do you have spotlights and the ipad facing up rather than Vertical? Heard a few issues where theres too much light interference HTH

other than few things to try here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UAPR3UeTjM

Blind_Eagle 02-02-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montstar (Post 16245241)
Do you have spotlights and the ipad facing up rather than Vertical? Heard a few issues where theres too much light interference HTH

other than few things to try here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UAPR3UeTjM

I do tend to use it face up mostly but itís no better on the occasions I hold it vertically. Iíll take a look at that vid, thanks.

Hedgehog 02-02-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montstar (Post 16245241)
... other than few things to try here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UAPR3UeTjM

Boy, I couldn't watch that past about 30 seconds... that voice made my teeth ache!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.