CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Joe85 09-04-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 16353445)
Do any of you use solely an iPhone without other Apple products and if so are there any issues?

Only once had a iPod many moons ago and do not want to jump ship to Apple. I already have enough toys Microsoft and Android based. However I was playing around with a mate's 13 the other day and I'm tempted to the dark side for the first time.

I'm in the market for a new phone and the S22 was in my sights but I'm trying to be open minded.

They operate totally independent of the Apple ecosystem. Everything the Phone needs is done on the phone.

HTH.

Hedgehog 07-05-2022 12:34 AM

Am I missing something, or did the iPhone not used to have an option to send an incoming phone call to voicemail?

I see you can set a toggle to send all incoming calls from numbers that are not in your contacts to voicemail, but that seems a bit drastic.

I would agree it is better than nothing, but seems a bit limiting and forces you to pretty much make a contact for everyone you give your number to if you want to get a call from them. Or just let them leave you a message and then add them as a contact if it is worth it to you.

Adlerhorst 08-05-2022 10:32 AM

Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Allow Calls From
Select Everyone, No One, or Favorites; alternatively, select a group.

Select everyone, then your phone won’t ring when a call comes in and when you don’t answer the call will go to voicemail.

Hedgehog 08-05-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16413702)
Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Allow Calls From
Select Everyone, No One, or Favorites; alternatively, select a group.

Select everyone, then your phone wonít ring when a call comes in and when you donít answer the call will go to voicemail.

Thanks, that is pretty much how I have set it up now. All numbers not in my contacts go straight to voicemail.

It was just that I seem to recall there was an option to do this when you got the call (sent to message). Now the only options you have is Accept or Reject.

Progress I guess...

Hedgehog 14-05-2022 04:55 PM

Can I just say that so far I am loving the "Send numbers not in your contacts straight to voicemail" feature I mentioned above, and switched on at that time.

So far I've had about 6 or 7 calls that didn't even ring on the phone and only one so far has left an automated voicemail.

Now just got to figure out how to stop my Fitbit from vibrating when I get these spam calls. I got one at 6:45 this morning which triggered my Fitbit to vibrate, but the phone didn't ring.

Isle of Wight 06-08-2022 05:23 PM

Anyone else got or had this problem?
When I am called on the Cellular service I answer and can hear them
But they can’t hear me. If I call back it works fine. If I am called via face time or what’s app etc it works fine. I was told to switch off my blutooth, which fixed the problem but now I’m buggered for my hands free, tile, tracker etc etc any ideas google hasn’t helped