CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

stinky 13-03-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 12288387)
Drivers who dither at junctions
Drivers who go 25mph in a 30 on a clear road.
Drivers who do not use their indicators.
Drivers who do not acknowledge when you have been courteous to them when you give them the right of way.

So basically all drivers.

Right on brother.

Non indicator wankers make me do a primeval scream.

Also annoying are the people who stick to 40 in every speed limit. 40 in 30, 40 in 40, then out onto bigger roads, but still 40 in a 50, ooh a national speed limit, let's still do 40.

Arseholes.

Oh, and poor road positioning. At a t-junction for example. If you're turning left, then position yourself over on the left, especially if the road widens at that point. Similarly, if you're turning right then move across closer to the middle of the road.

I get so pissed off on the roads.

elgin eagle 13-03-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 12288394)
Right on brother.

Non indicator wankers make me do a primeval scream.

Also annoying are the people who stick to 40 in every speed limit. 40 in 30, 40 in 40, then out onto bigger roads, but still 40 in a 50, ooh a national speed limit, let's still do 40.

Arseholes.

Oh, and poor road positioning. At a t-junction for example. If you're turning left, then position yourself over on the left, especially if the road widens at that point. Similarly, if you're turning right then move across closer to the middle of the road.

I get so pissed off on the roads.

God yeah, me too. Driving really isn't pleasurable at all anymore is it, for all those reasons and more. Average speed cameras manage to remove even the slightest amount of enjoyment there is from a long drive somewhere.

I miss the days of taking your time, driving out to the coast in summer. If you try it now on a country road you get a bmw up your arse within 5 minutes.

art malice 13-03-2015 01:33 PM

David Tennent chanelling Shakespeare for a Heinz soup ad

Skiddo 14-03-2015 01:32 AM

People that write on Internet forums about their wife and put Mrs 'insert their own username'

Eg. "I asked Mrs Skiddo the other day to pop along to the green grocers."

Cringeworthy.

GorBlimey 14-03-2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12288417)
God yeah, me too. Driving really isn't pleasurable at all anymore is it, for all those reasons and more. Average speed cameras manage to remove even the slightest amount of enjoyment there is from a long drive somewhere.

I miss the days of taking your time, driving out to the coast in summer. If you try it now on a country road you get a bmw up your arse within 5 minutes.

It's even worse now with "smart motorways" - an oxymoron if there ever was one.

The feckers will book you without you even knowing for minor transgressions of the speed limit. The argument against raising the speed limit was that people would take the piss and exceed the new limit.

There has to be an even stronger argument to raise it now if you get a ticket and points for a few mph over 70 on the M25. It's plainly a revenue generation exercise and nothing to do with safety.

danpalace07 14-03-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 12289543)
People that write on Internet forums about their wife and put Mrs 'insert their own username'

Eg. "I asked Mrs Skiddo the other day to pop along to the green grocers."

Cringeworthy.

This annoys me as much as people who sign off complaints as "Angry/disappointed of Surrey" or some shit like that

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-03-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 12288387)
Drivers who dither at junctions
Drivers who go 25mph in a 30 on a clear road.
Drivers who do not use their indicators.
Drivers who do not acknowledge when you have been courteous to them when you give them the right of way.

So basically all drivers.

Not indicating at roundabouts has to be the crime of the century. If you're at a particularly busy, small one like the Ravensbury in Mitcham, the potential to actually get onto the ****** is severely hampered if people don't indicate when they exit. I mean, they must sit there getting ****ed off by exactly the same thing before then doing it themselves, surely?

elgin eagle 14-03-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 12289553)
It's even worse now with "smart motorways" - an oxymoron if there ever was one.

The feckers will book you without you even knowing for minor transgressions of the speed limit. The argument against raising the speed limit was that people would take the piss and exceed the new limit.

There has to be an even stronger argument to raise it now if you get a ticket and points for a few mph over 70 on the M25. It's plainly a revenue generation exercise and nothing to do with safety.

They've introduced them on the a9 between perth and inverness (120 miles). I dont know if its reduced accidents but its certainly reduced the enjoyment of driving on that road even more. The problem is still people getting frustrated by following lorries or caravans for miles of single carriageway and then overtaking towards traffic. If anything the cameras are another distraction as people spend too much time looking down at their speedo and out for the bloody cameras.

stinky 14-03-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12289685)
Not indicating at roundabouts has to be the crime of the century. If you're at a particularly busy, small one like the Ravensbury in Mitcham, the potential to actually get onto the ****** is severely hampered if people don't indicate when they exit. I mean, they must sit there getting ****ed off by exactly the same thing before then doing it themselves, surely?

Oh god, even reading this has made me angry.

Worksop Palace 14-03-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12289685)
Not indicating at roundabouts has to be the crime of the century. If you're at a particularly busy, small one like the Ravensbury in Mitcham, the potential to actually get onto the ****** is severely hampered if people don't indicate when they exit. I mean, they must sit there getting ****ed off by exactly the same thing before then doing it themselves, surely?

Did you also know that it is an offence to go round a roundabout 3 times

viking's no1 14-03-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 12289543)
People that write on Internet forums about their wife and put Mrs 'insert their own username'

Eg. "I asked Mrs Skiddo the other day to pop along to the green grocers."

Cringeworthy.

People who lie annoy me. There are no green grocers left and if they were they'd be called greengrocers.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 14-03-2015 12:26 PM

People (mainly women) who can't reverse park.

art malice 15-03-2015 03:10 PM

People talking about 'execution of passing' instead of just 'passing'

gadford4th 15-03-2015 03:42 PM

These new small-flush/big-flush toilet buttons.

I don't understand them. They don't work. They stress me out. I JUST WANT IT GONE.

Wolfnipplechips 15-03-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadford4th (Post 12293026)
These new small-flush/big-flush toilet buttons.

I don't understand them. They don't work. They stress me out. I JUST WANT IT GONE.

Press the big one then.:eek::D

SA Eagle 15-03-2015 03:44 PM

People at bus stops who don't realise they're standing blocking the pavement that others are trying to use

Wolfnipplechips 15-03-2015 03:44 PM

Twice

Gooders 15-03-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 12289748)
Oh god, even reading this has made me angry.

Me too. That stretch of road is the bane of my life. :(

Gooders 15-03-2015 03:59 PM

Kids that hide in the trees and "egg" your car in the middle of the night, nearly making you crash.

Hedgehog 15-03-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12289685)
Not indicating at roundabouts has to be the crime of the century. If you're at a particularly busy, small one like the Ravensbury in Mitcham, the potential to actually get onto the ****** is severely hampered if people don't indicate when they exit. I mean, they must sit there getting ****ed off by exactly the same thing before then doing it themselves, surely?

It's the same at T-Junctions. Actually worse in my mind.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.