CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

GorBlimey 16-06-2021 09:25 PM

Everything!

Right now I'm pissed off with pretty much everything.

Oldtown Eagle 16-06-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15845203)
Everything!

Right now I'm pissed off with pretty much everything.

I empathise, hope it's nothing too serious.

Hedgehog 17-06-2021 02:06 AM

My wife says to me, "My phone [iPhone] is not pinging when I get a text". I send her a test text and sure enough no ping. She sends me one and I also don't get a ping. But we both hear pings on our iPads.

I spend the next 30 minutes Googling and checking every setting and doing every suggestion found on Google.

Finally one site mentioned you might have you phone in Silent Mode [vibrate]. Apparently we both did!

A senior moment I think... very annoying!

Reps AJ 17-06-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15845343)
My wife says to me, "My phone [iPhone] is not pinging when I get a text". I send her a test text and sure enough no ping. She sends me one and I also don't get a ping. But we both hear pings on our iPads.

I spend the next 30 minutes Googling and checking every setting and doing every suggestion found on Google.

Finally one site mentioned you might have you phone in Silent Mode [vibrate]. Apparently we both did!

A senior moment I think... very annoying!

:lux::lux:

That's made me laugh :D

Aki Aki Aki 17-06-2021 01:46 PM

The BBC website (usually pretty good) and its 'Reality Check' section. For an organisation that gets a lot wrong, it's an odd arrogance to think they are in any position to 'fact check' stories.

mte103 17-06-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 15846687)
The BBC website (usually pretty good) and its 'Reality Check' section. For an organisation that gets a lot wrong, it's an odd arrogance to think they are in any position to 'fact check' stories.

You say it's good but gets a lot wrong.

I don't get the criticism of the BBC; do people really want a hyper partisan Fox/CNN style setup? Because that's the alternative.

You don't see Fox reporting on Fox's own malfeasance, or running shows where people write in to moan about Fox - but the BBC does.

So in keeping with the thread: people moaning about the BBC.

hulkster 17-06-2021 07:12 PM

W*nkers that stop at a roundabout when it's clear that there is no other vehicle in sight. Utter w*nkers.

RazorsEdge 17-06-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15845343)
My wife says to me, "My phone [iPhone] is not pinging when I get a text". I send her a test text and sure enough no ping. She sends me one and I also don't get a ping. But we both hear pings on our iPads.

I spend the next 30 minutes Googling and checking every setting and doing every suggestion found on Google.

Finally one site mentioned you might have you phone in Silent Mode [vibrate]. Apparently we both did!

A senior moment I think... very annoying!

Mate, I am wetting myself laughing, sorry. I am sure in years time I will be the same :)

GorBlimey 17-06-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte103 (Post 15847077)
You say it's good but gets a lot wrong.

I don't get the criticism of the BBC; do people really want a hyper partisan Fox/CNN style setup? Because that's the alternative.

You don't see Fox reporting on Fox's own malfeasance, or running shows where people write in to moan about Fox - but the BBC does.

So in keeping with the thread: people moaning about the BBC.


People who defend the BBC. I've just paid my £159 TV tax.


We need to privatise the f*cking outdated edifice and enter the 21st Century!

ceeby 17-06-2021 08:11 PM

I have probably mentioned this before on this thread but it is doing my head in. On websites, "would you like to take a survey, receive updates, subscribe etc" where is the NO button?, it's always "Maybe later" or "Not right now"

Also HSBC Business banking log in, they ask you THREE times if you will or will not accept cookies, and ask you again and again, no matter what browser you have, or what settings.

I reckon I have spent probably 8 years of my life accepting HSBC cookies and inserting USB plugs upside down.. :wallbash::wallbash:

RazorsEdge 17-06-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceeby (Post 15847130)
I have probably mentioned this before on this thread but it is doing my head in. On websites, "would you like to take a survey, receive updates, subscribe etc" where is the NO button?, it's always "Maybe later" or "Not right now"

Also HSBC Business banking log in, they ask you THREE times if you will or will not accept cookies, and ask you again and again, no matter what browser you have, or what settings.

I reckon I have spent probably 8 years of my life accepting HSBC cookies and inserting USB plugs upside down.. :wallbash::wallbash:

Inserting usb upside down….yes I do it almost everyday lol

strawberry mivi 17-06-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15847144)
Inserting usb upside down….yes I do it almost everyday lol

Known as the Schrodinger's connector. It has 3 ways to push it in and you have to attempt all 3 to make it happen.

RazorsEdge 17-06-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 15847153)
Known as the Schrodinger's connector. It has 3 ways to push it in and you have to attempt all 3 to make it happen.

Yup and USB C connector is supposed to save us from that :)

Hedgehog 17-06-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15847107)
Mate, I am wetting myself laughing, sorry. I am sure in years time I will be the same :)

Could have been worse, one of the fixes was to reset your phone and all the shenanigans that entails!

I was close to going that route... :wallbash:

Vendy 17-06-2021 10:54 PM

Vast majority of websites that now sense when you move your mouse towards the back button and constantly pop up some sort of offer message or join our mailing list

ozzieEagle 17-06-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 15847297)
Vast majority of websites that now sense when you move your mouse towards the back button and constantly pop up some sort of offer message or join our mailing list


I admire the ingenuity of that and think to myself, what will they come up with next. I actually think I know. It's where you place your eyes when viewing an ad on CCTV monitored electronic billboards. Facial recognition and you watch how you get targeted then.

TopKnot 18-06-2021 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15847301)
I admire the ingenuity of that and think to myself, what will they come up with next. I actually think I know. It's where you place your eyes when viewing an ad on CCTV monitored electronic billboards. Facial recognition and you watch how you get targeted then.

They’ve been doing that for a while, not on public ads but when testing, there is software that tracks people’s eye movements when they look at ads and creates a heat map so you can see what parts of the ad are getting the most attention.

ozzieEagle 18-06-2021 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15847413)
They’ve been doing that for a while, not on public ads but when testing, there is software that tracks people’s eye movements when they look at ads and creates a heat map so you can see what parts of the ad are getting the most attention.

Pretty sure they are already doing it on those instore menu order POS screens. Certainly toying with it.

My youngest daughter manages the teams supplying systems to Restaurants and other outlets.

Your likes and dislikes follow you everywhere from that point on.

RazorsEdge 18-06-2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15847198)
Could have been worse, one of the fixes was to reset your phone and all the shenanigans that entails!

I was close to going that route... :wallbash:

Reminds me of a time when one of my work colleague was entering password to his phone, and it kept coming up as ‘wrong’ and got a final warning message, next wrong one will wipe, and he thought, sod it let it reset and I will enter a new one and as it was getting wiped, he saw his phone next to him and realised he had been trying to enter the password on someone else’s phone and is now being wiped……he did come out clean and said I wiped your phone by mistake sorry mate etc.

cpfc4evandeva 18-06-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkster (Post 15847078)
W*nkers that stop at a roundabout when it's clear that there is no other vehicle in sight. Utter w*nkers.

99% of the time, it is women.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.