CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

BERT'S HEAD 06-05-2022 04:58 PM

Oiks walking along looking at their phones expecting you to move.

Eric the Ginga 06-05-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16409801)
People's reaction when the hydraulics are pumped on an Airbus. Come on, we all know it isn't a dog now, don't we?

So it’s not stowaways hacksawing their way out of the hold??

Panther 06-05-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyAG (Post 16410747)
Expecting this to also come up in Depp vs Heard...

…..which brings me onto my current annoyance. Why do our media think we should give a flying one about two actors’ domestic issues?

RazorsEdge 06-05-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16410830)
A hospital?, what is it?

It is a big building with patients, but that is not important right now

:)

Hedgehog 06-05-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16410924)
…..which brings me onto my current annoyance. Why do our media think we should give a flying one about two actors’ domestic issues?

And both over acting…

HOVE EAGLE 06-05-2022 07:14 PM

Trying to talk to a qualified human being at my doctors surgery .it took me 45 mins to get through to book an appointment
I have to wait two weeks for someone to call me
It is a brand new surgery lees than five minutes walk from where I live!

RazorsEdge 06-05-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 16411018)
Trying to talk to a qualified human being at my doctors surgery .it took me 45 mins to get through to book an appointment
I have to wait two weeks for someone to call me
It is a brand new surgery lees than five minutes walk from where I live!

No E consult? Book through that and you should get at least a nurse ring within a day

Jim Cannon 07-05-2022 09:04 PM

The Quadruple

cappuccinoeagle 07-05-2022 09:27 PM

Man U losing to Brighton. Also my Scottish team Partick losing in the playoffs

KYLIE MINEAGLE 08-05-2022 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16410924)

The time given to this on the news over here annoys me.

Freddy the Fish 08-05-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16411000)
It is a big building with patients, but that is not important right now

:)

Badoom tish! :)

wedgetail 08-05-2022 04:33 PM

Perforated rolls, e.g, kitchen rolls, they always tear across the paper just before the end.

Nostrils 08-05-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16412811)
Man U losing to Brighton. Also my Scottish team Partick losing in the playoffs

Spare a thought for poor old Dumbarton. The stadium's built on land prime for development, the supporters don't trust the owners leaving some of the more paranoid amongst them deeply concerned about the future of the club. Dropping down to League Two was an absolute disaster.

Latvian 08-05-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16414693)
Spare a thought for poor old Dumbarton. The stadium's built on land prime for development, the supporters don't trust the owners leaving some of the more paranoid amongst them deeply concerned about the future of the club. Dropping down to League Two was an absolute disaster.

The Sons are my Scottish team. Yes they are only part-time but they have made some seriously suspect decisions in recent seasons.

Nostrils 08-05-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian (Post 16414719)
The Sons are my Scottish team. Yes they are only part-time but they have made some seriously suspect decisions in recent seasons.

Have you ever been? A few weeks before Covid hit a few of us began making plans, a game under the rock was high on the agenda. Such a unique ground, it would be tragic if it were lost to luxury apartments, a hotel, or whatever.

The other thing that annoys me are those skip-like recycling bins you find in carparks. Maybe it's just dismal timing on my part, but every time I go they're full to the brim.

Latvian 08-05-2022 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16414773)
Have you ever been? A few weeks before Covid hit a few of us began making plans, a game under the rock was high on the agenda. Such a unique ground, it would be tragic if it were lost to luxury apartments, a hotel, or whatever.

The other thing that annoys me are those skip-like recycling bins you find in carparks. Maybe it's just dismal timing on my part, but every time I go they're full to the brim.

Yep. I think it was against Alloa a few seasons back, possibly in a relegation playoff first leg. Also watched them lose the Irn Bru cup final to ICT in Perth.

Gorgeous backdrop but from the stands all you can see is the housing estate development and a bit of the river.

Stellavista 08-05-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 16414693)

I thought moving from Castle Road was already a done deal?

Nostrils 08-05-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16414807)
I thought moving from Castle Road was already a done deal?

If you mean from a few years back, I think that fell through. Quite why, I'm not sure.

Hedgehog 08-05-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 16414634)
Perforated rolls, e.g, kitchen rolls, they always tear across the paper just before the end.

Are they made by Bounty by any chance?

We always use Costco's brand, but during the great Covid paper products panic buying we had to get what we could and ended up with a few packets of Bounty brand.

Never had the tearing problem with Costco brand, but without a conscious effort to prevent it Bounty just rips off the corners.

CT_Palace 08-05-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16414857)
Are they made by Bounty by any chance?

We always use Costco's brand, but during the great Covid paper products panic buying we had to get what we could and ended up with a few packets of Bounty brand.

Never had the tearing problem with Costco brand, but without a conscious effort to prevent it Bounty just rips off the corners.

You mean Bownie , right?