CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 19-05-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16433691)
Being called “bud” by various people, both verbally and on texts,who I don’t know but have to deal with, for whatever reasons

U ok hun? PM me.

stevek 19-05-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16433703)
You know what’s coming…

….Bud

He won't make that mistake again - he'll be much weiser next time.

Walter Wort 19-05-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 16433706)
He won't make that mistake again - he'll be much weiser next time.

:D

Walter Wort 19-05-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16433691)
Being called “bud” by various people, both verbally and on texts,who I don’t know but have to deal with, for whatever reasons

Mate, what's worse is people starting a sentence with "mate".

Isle of Wight 19-05-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santos-er (Post 16433703)
You know what’s coming…






























….Bud

Where is my remote control auto annihilation button when I need it ?? :eek:

PeterH 19-05-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 16430140)
Going through security at San Diego airport and on arriving back to Blighty, realising I've left my IPad/Kindle etc. there.


It's not just annoying, it's f*cking rage-inducing!

Sorry chief. That's a feckin killer. :frown:

PeterH 19-05-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyAG (Post 16432314)
Photos of monkey pox in my Google news feed...

Pox Island.

easysqueezy 19-05-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 16424130)
In bed, right calf. Had another at 05.00am last night.

Hi, I was getting night cramps which were waking me nightly up until a couple of years ago - seems to be an age/boozing thing. A friend suggested that I sleep with corks in the bed. Just get a small string bag or similar and place them in the bed, you do not have to sleep on them! I was very cynical at first but it really seem to work as night cramps now only occur very occasionally. A few friends have had the same reaction and if you google say "corks for night cramps" for example you get quite a few hits. BTW we've always done it with used corks (ie ones from opened bottle of wine). I don't know if this makes a difference but hic!

big bad John 20-05-2022 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easysqueezy (Post 16433866)
Hi, I was getting night cramps which were waking me nightly up until a couple of years ago - seems to be an age/boozing thing. A friend suggested that I sleep with corks in the bed. Just get a small string bag or similar and place them in the bed, you do not have to sleep on them! I was very cynical at first but it really seem to work as night cramps now only occur very occasionally. A few friends have had the same reaction and if you google say "corks for night cramps" for example you get quite a few hits. BTW we've always done it with used corks (ie ones from opened bottle of wine). I don't know if this makes a difference but hic!

I used to get terrible cramps in my hamstring. Sometimes both going at the same time. Came from working outside in the hot New York summers and then sculling a gallon of beer in the pub on the way home. It was my mother( who believes in old remedies) who told me about the cork remedy. I'd be lying if I said I've never had a cramp since but the frequency of them dropped considerably.

doogies boots 20-05-2022 07:10 AM

Being 2-0 up against a tinpot relegation threatened club and losing 3-2 ������

Panther 20-05-2022 07:31 AM

After the last week, extra time, pitch invasions and pillocks with flares.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-05-2022 10:30 AM

Getting fu cking Covid...for the 2nd time.

Les Butler 21-05-2022 02:10 AM

Being done for paedophilia and having to pay lawyers:veryangry

Okay, maybe I should clarify:eek:

As I have said before, I belong to a charity club called the Lions.

In the 70s, when I was still in England, our Lions club donated football shirts to a team in the City where I live now.

It turns out the coach of the team was a kiddie fiddler who is now dead(good, I hope it was a bad one), but the City was sued, and now the City is trying to sue anyone that helped that team, including the Royal Canadian Legion and us.

We send our dues to Lions in the states, one big happy family, we thought. Until we asked about insurance:lux: which does not extend to Lions of Canada:veryangry.

So far, with just responding, we have spent $2,700 of donated money that is supposed to help disadvantaged people to the Lawyers.

I said to give what we have to the needy and disband and start again after, feck erm!

It sounds nuts but it is happening.

Hedgehog 21-05-2022 03:35 AM

Sorry to here that Les, but happy to here it is not you personally, which I could not begin to imagine must be like.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16438436)
Being done for paedophilia and having to pay lawyers:veryangry

Okay, maybe I should clarify:eek:

As I have said before, I belong to a charity club called the Lions.

In the 70s, when I was still in England, our Lions club donated football shirts to a team in the City where I live now.

It turns out the coach of the team was a kiddie fiddler who is now dead(good, I hope it was a bad one), but the City was sued, and now the City is trying to sue anyone that helped that team, including the Royal Canadian Legion and us.

We send our dues to Lions in the states, one big happy family, we thought. Until we asked about insurance:lux: which does not extend to Lions of Canada:veryangry.

So far, with just responding, we have spent $2,700 of donated money that is supposed to help disadvantaged people to the Lawyers.

I said to give what we have to the needy and disband and start again after, feck erm!

It sounds nuts but it is happening.

That's shit, that's like Crewe sueing the kit suppliers, team.sponsors and anyone else who donated to the club whilst that bastard Bennell was there.

davech 21-05-2022 03:50 PM

Needing an Engineering Degree to buy a 60W (old money) light bulb.

big bad John 21-05-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16439962)
Needing an Engineering Degree to buy a 60W (old money) light bulb.

Bring Hedgehog shopping with you, I'm sure he is the owner of that degree, from back in the days when a degree was a degree.
We can then start a thread, "How many BBSers does it take to buy a light bulb"

big bad John 21-05-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16438436)
Being done for paedophilia and having to pay lawyers:veryangry

Okay, maybe I should clarify:eek:

As I have said before, I belong to a charity club called the Lions.

In the 70s, when I was still in England, our Lions club donated football shirts to a team in the City where I live now.

It turns out the coach of the team was a kiddie fiddler who is now dead(good, I hope it was a bad one), but the City was sued, and now the City is trying to sue anyone that helped that team, including the Royal Canadian Legion and us.

We send our dues to Lions in the states, one big happy family, we thought. Until we asked about insurance:lux: which does not extend to Lions of Canada:veryangry.

So far, with just responding, we have spent $2,700 of donated money that is supposed to help disadvantaged people to the Lawyers.

I said to give what we have to the needy and disband and start again after, feck erm!

It sounds nuts but it is happening.

"No good deed goes unpunished," springs to mind. Just curious, but have the press got hold of this story. How donations that should be going to the needy are being used to pay lawyers. A bit like the over flowing collection plates at Sunday mass. A lot of that money was being spent on lawyers who were defending the nonces who were preaching from the pulpit.
I think you're right in saying disband and restart. You know full well these lawyers will milk this to the last. They'll charge you 400 bucks to send an e-mail to the city's lawyer, most of which discusses what discreet restaurant they can use when the case gets adjourned for the 15th time.

cross_eyed_ed 21-05-2022 04:30 PM

Got all excited having read the Top Gun Maverick reviews and booked a ticket to see it next Wednesday. I then re-watched Top Gun after, I don't know, 25 years last night and realised how dodgy it was.

As the late critic Roger Ebert said at the time, it's a difficult film to review as the good bits are really, really good but the bad bits are just relentless.

FrankieBoy 21-05-2022 04:44 PM

So, It’s people starting a sentence with “So”.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.