CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 21-05-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16440002)
Got all excited having read the Top Gun Maverick reviews and booked a ticket to see it next Wednesday. I then re-watched Top Gun after, I don't know, 25 years last night and realised how dodgy it was.

As the late critic Roger Ebert said at the time, it's a difficult film to review as the good bits are really, really good but the bad bits are just relentless.

One of my kids got given a wrist band freebie for the premiere. Couldn't be arsed to go.

pallet 21-05-2022 07:40 PM

Idiot riding down road today on his phone with his kid on the back.

pallet 21-05-2022 07:42 PM

Being called pal

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2022 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16440002)
Got all excited having read the Top Gun Maverick reviews and booked a ticket to see it next Wednesday. I then re-watched Top Gun after, I don't know, 25 years last night and realised how dodgy it was.

As the late critic Roger Ebert said at the time, it's a difficult film to review as the good bits are really, really good but the bad bits are just relentless.

Just go and enjoy it all on the big screen.

Fatboy 21-05-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16440121)
Being called pal

Is it not short for Pallet ?

Sleeping Giant 21-05-2022 08:28 PM

……if Alexa tells me one more time when, for example, Crystal Palace and Manchester Utd will “face off”…..

Joe85 21-05-2022 08:50 PM

Getting over-looked for promotion because I’ve “only been in my current role a year” only to find out they’ve given the job to a new hire.


Cowards.

Hedgehog 21-05-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16439989)
Bring Hedgehog shopping with you, I'm sure he is the owner of that degree, from back in the days when a degree was a degree.
We can then start a thread, "How many BBSers does it take to buy a light bulb"

My Engineering credentials are in Mechanical Engineering. All this electrickery is black magic to me!

I’m with Dave on this one…

RazorsEdge 22-05-2022 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16440160)
Getting over-looked for promotion because I’ve “only been in my current role a year” only to find out they’ve given the job to a new hire.


Cowards.

Absolute cowards mate

Les Butler 22-05-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16440160)
I'm getting overlooked for promotion because I've "only been in my current role a year", only to find out they've given the job to a new hire.


Cowards.

The same thing happened to my wife when she was promised a promotion, but they gambled because they needed her.

My biz had just taken off, so I said to her, Quit, WTF... So she did, and the turnaround was unbelievable by them.

She told them she could not stay and work for people she could not trust or respect.

She enjoyed that day.

I hope it works out, Joe.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-05-2022 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16440160)
Getting over-looked for promotion because I’ve “only been in my current role a year” only to find out they’ve given the job to a new hire.


Cowards.

Tell them.to.stick it, and then piss in the new persons tea.

Terrace Bickle 22-05-2022 02:20 PM

My doughnut of a wife leaving her keys in the inside lock of our porch door for the 3rd time in about a month. So when I came home and tried to unlock the door it put the 2 barrels out of line and it wouldn't lock or let you remove the key!

Luckily there was a great tutorial on YouTube and after 11/2 hours of buggering about I got it working again, as the barrel I wanted wasn't in stock.I expect to be repairing it again very soon.[emoji2959]

cappuccinoeagle 22-05-2022 06:56 PM

Finishing below Brighton

CT_Palace 22-05-2022 08:23 PM

Dirty Leeds staying up

old geezer 22-05-2022 08:36 PM

Frank f***ing Lampard

Joe85 23-05-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 16440412)
The same thing happened to my wife when she was promised a promotion, but they gambled because they needed her.

My biz had just taken off, so I said to her, Quit, WTF... So she did, and the turnaround was unbelievable by them.

She told them she could not stay and work for people she could not trust or respect.

She enjoyed that day.

I hope it works out, Joe.

Cheers mate.

I can take not getting a job. Even I thought it was earlier than I’d like. But to appoint a new hire, and not even interviewing me to the same level just shows a lack of respect. The “Senior” who did it is one of those types that sits in on LinkedIn all day quoting Steven Bartlett and pontificating about how to treat employees.

Fat ****.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-05-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16442910)
Cheers mate.

I can take not getting a job. Even I thought it was earlier than I’d like. But to appoint a new hire, and not even interviewing me to the same level just shows a lack of respect. The “Senior” who did it is one of those types that sits in on LinkedIn all day quoting Steven Bartlett and pontificating about how to treat employees.

Fat ****.

Piss in his tea too.

Isle of Wight 23-05-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16442943)
Piss in his tea too.

NO. Put in a laxaitive and then you can claim to be helping with his weight loss if you get caught.

Richard 23-05-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 16440130)
Is it not short for Pallet ?

Very good !!

Maz 23-05-2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16443486)
Very good !!

Yup


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.