CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-05-2022 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16446188)
I watched about 2 mins of it. The presenter in hysterics over something very unfunny. False laugh.

Curiosity got the better of me. There was a short youtube clip. FFS people actually watch that for entertainment :confused::eek:

strawberry mivi 26-05-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 16445912)
Annette Bening. I can't watch anything she's in.

I'm the same with Steve Martin and also the only female actor from the North - Sarah Lancashire.
Both rubbish.

davech 26-05-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16443581)
The Chris and Rosie Ramsey Show. I haven't seen a single minute of it, but I know I hate it.

Sorry to be a dense old fogey, but who exactly are they?

Isle of Wight 26-05-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16446688)
Sorry to be a dense old fogey, but who exactly are they?

You are not alone !

Big Gav 26-05-2022 10:10 AM

As I get older I am becoming like Victor Meldrew. People just annoy me. For example..

People who stop to chat in the middle of the pavement or a supermarket aisle meaning I have to walk around them

People who walk around not looking where they are going as they are looking at their phone so I have to move out of their way to avoid walking into them. This happens at Palace a lot in the concourse or leaving the ground when they slow down to text.

Drivers not indicating at a junction or roundabout.

People talking loudly on their phones on a train. They always start by saying "I'm on the train". Don't I ******* know it the whole train can hear you!

Plenty more I could add. I need to go and live on a desert island somewhere

SKATE 26-05-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Gav (Post 16446704)
As I get older I am becoming like Victor Meldrew. People just annoy me. For example..

People who stop to chat in the middle of the pavement or a supermarket aisle meaning I have to walk around them

People who walk around not looking where they are going as they are looking at their phone so I have to move out of their way to avoid walking into them. This happens at Palace a lot in the concourse or leaving the ground when they slow down to text.

People talking loudly on their phones on a train. They always start by saying "I'm on the train". Don't I ******* know it the whole train can hear you!

I'm with you on all this!

Maidstoned Eagle 26-05-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Walk right through them middle of them saying "excuse me!" really loudly.

Quote:

Stop right in front of them and pretend youre sending a text message and let them walk right into you.

Quote:

Follow them, pull up alongside and tell them very politely that you think the bulb has blown on the indicator.

Quote:

Join in the conversation.

gold76 28-05-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 16445912)
Annette Bening. I can't watch anything she's in.

The grifters may be an exception to that rule

Terrace Bickle 30-05-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's getting older, I think we're increasingly surrounded by self-centred ****wits and exhibitionists who aren't taught basic manners by their parents.

Isle of Wight 30-05-2022 10:10 PM

Agree but I think getting older makes tolerance levels smaller

Terrace Bickle 30-05-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16455083)
Agree but I think getting older makes tolerance levels smaller

Probably why I feel a violent rage every time I hear a certain phone advert on the radio (O2 I think), in which some stupid lady shouts 'laters bye' at the top of her voice. If it's followed by the pathetic NatWest advert with Alison Hammond I might spontaneously combust. Why is it everything is so dumbed down these days?

ozzieEagle 30-05-2022 10:29 PM

Selling a car (my old campervan) privately for the first time.... getting right peed off with the ludicrous responses now. Actually lost sleep over one cantankerous dealing at the last failed hurdle yesterday.

Sharkba1t 31-05-2022 07:37 AM

The amount of dogshit on the pavement and in parks these days. I know most owners are fine and clear up after their dogs but there are quite a few who don’t. Seems worse since the pandemic, I guess more people have dogs now.

Reps AJ 31-05-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

I've put this on here more than once :p

Reps AJ 31-05-2022 07:57 AM

Quote:

As I get older I am becoming like Victor Meldrew.

Lucy Liu reached the Victor Meldrew Point* yesterday

https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploa...m-1392x884.jpg

*The VMP is the age of Richard Wilson when the first episode aired on TV (19,537 days old... or about 53yo)

Adlerhorst 31-05-2022 09:01 AM

Heathrow not putting enough people on security this morning.

Alfies army 31-05-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16455446)
The amount of dogshit on the pavement and in parks these days. I know most owners are fine and clear up after their dogs but there are quite a few who donít. Seems worse since the pandemic, I guess more people have dogs now.

Itís usually the arse holes that take their dog out in the dark when less people are about to see them and also the oneís that have their dog off lead and walk about 50 yards in front of the dog so they donít have to look when the dog is crapping,
Iíve even see two idiots walk their dogs while on mobility scooters the poor dog has to trot everywhere and Iíve even seen it poop whilst running to keep up

PalaceForever 31-05-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16455446)
The amount of dogshit on the pavement and in parks these days. I know most owners are fine and clear up after their dogs but there are quite a few who donít. Seems worse since the pandemic, I guess more people have dogs now.

Agree that the amount of dog turds everywhere is annoying. I'm a bit sick of telling the kids "look out for dog turds!" when they're running around a park, it should be a clean space for everyone, not a convenient toilet for selfish dog owners.

Polak 31-05-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 16455592)
Agree that the amount of dog turds everywhere is annoying. I'm a bit sick of telling the kids "look out for dog turds!" when they're running around a park, it should be a clean space for everyone, not a convenient toilet for selfish dog owners.

What about the twats who pick up the turds and then hang the bag on a convenient tree branch or chuck it in the bush by the side of my house. Like someone said, they probably do it in the dark so that no-one has a pop at them. Selfish twats.

Terrace Bickle 31-05-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16455685)
What about the twats who pick up the turds and then hang the bag on a convenient tree branch or chuck it in the bush by the side of my house. Like someone said, they probably do it in the dark so that no-one has a pop at them. Selfish twats.

Exactly this. In my local park you often see poo bags hanging on the fence for the basketball court or the shrubs nearby. Scummers.