CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Terrace Bickle 31-05-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16455491)
Lucy Liu reached the Victor Meldrew Point* yesterday

https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploa...m-1392x884.jpg

*The VMP is the age of Richard Wilson when the first episode aired on TV (19,537 days old... or about 53yo)

Is her surgeon very skilled? She doesn't look her age at all.

gold76 01-06-2022 10:04 AM

Not the movie thread (granted) but try Cypher 2002, 20 years pre meldrew date, for some lovely Liu

bubbs11 03-06-2022 01:58 PM

Caught 10 mins of Sky news earlier….the fawning folk in the crowd that are interviewed….you actually can’t believe people like that exist. Got to be (crisis) actors surely?

Mr Mojo Risin 03-06-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16459884)
Caught 10 mins of Sky news earlier….the fawning folk in the crowd that are interviewed….you actually can’t believe people like that exist. Got to be (crisis) actors surely?

Plenty of people read and believe the Daily Mail. After all this is a country that voted for Brexit and an 80 seat majority for Boris Johnson.

Les Butler 03-06-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16459884)
Caught 10 mins of Sky news earlier….the fawning folk in the crowd that are interviewed….you actually can't believe people like that exist. Got to be (crisis) actors surely?

Some people look at us and cannot believe the obsessive fawning, hero-worship, the racism, homophobia, hatred of others and the violence that goes along with supporting a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around.

England are playing a team where their crowd love to make racist gestures to our players...

These people are having a good time celebrating and excitedly caught up in the day, saying nice things about the Queen. Being happy and part of these celebrations seems relatively harmless, don't they?

It is nice these people are having a lovely time.

El Aguila 03-06-2022 02:37 PM

Any criticism of the monarchy is elitist metropolitan war on the working class, nowadays.

Timbo 04-06-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16459900)
Any criticism of the monarchy is elitist metropolitan war on the working class, nowadays.

:D....always the victim!! :angel:

olly cromwell 04-06-2022 10:14 AM

As I have a dodgy knee I am having to use the buses more and I cannot understand why dickheads put there shopping on the seat and STAND at the front of the shelter completely blocking peoples view of the buses :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

davech 04-06-2022 08:44 PM

Microsoft.

How many times do I have to say I DO NOT want to 'upgrade' to Windows 11. Why do I have confirm this choice only for you to say, "OK Maybe later". No, not later. Just no. It is my final answer.

And I do not have any more devices 'to complete my set-up'. How many times do you need telliing??

Why can't I just decline once and for all?

Just PISS OFF!!!!

Isle of Wight 04-06-2022 08:45 PM

Apples the same :(

davech 04-06-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly cromwell (Post 16460529)
As I have a dodgy knee I am having to use the buses more and I cannot understand why dickheads put there shopping on the seat and STAND at the front of the shelter completely blocking peoples view of the buses :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Too many people are dickheads?

You need to hobble a bit more and look helpless. I have perfected this over the years. Most people now let me on first and the bus drivers even lower the platform for me :D. Just make a couple of failed attempts to get on first. Usually people move out of the priority seats for me now.

Bizarro 05-06-2022 01:04 AM

I'm going to sound like a **** now but, I looked after a kid who's mum was having kemo. He's subsequently been vandalising my property and assaulting my son. If his mum had died none of this shit would have happened and he'd be be living with his dad who would kept him under control.
I feel bad about posting this, but **** it rant over.

N Herts Eagle 05-06-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16461009)
Too many people are dickheads?

You need to hobble a bit more and look helpless. I have perfected this over the years. Most people now let me on first and the bus drivers even lower the platform for me :D. Just make a couple of failed attempts to get on first. Usually people move out of the priority seats for me now.

I am getting there on something similar. I have a struggle with stairs and even more with escalators. Especially ones without a run in before the step appears. Been helped to a lift for disabled now a few times. Hell i am feeling old. Disabled lifts though are so slow........

LN1 05-06-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16461562)
I am getting there on something similar. I have a struggle with stairs and even more with escalators. Especially ones without a run in before the step appears. Been helped to a lift for disabled now a few times. Hell i am feeling old. Disabled lifts though are so slow........

Steps are my nemesis at the moment. I can probably make most (except tube ones) but am in a state after using them so often use the lift if available. I'm getting used to the funny looks a visually fit bloke gets when using the lift at stations etc. I am also a bit inclined now to give up my bus seat to all but the most needy despite no apparent disabilities.

Sharkba1t 05-06-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16461180)
I'm going to sound like a **** now but, I looked after a kid who's mum was having kemo. He's subsequently been vandalising my property and assaulting my son. If his mum had died none of this shit would have happened and he'd be be living with his dad who would kept him under control.

Maybe a dumb question, why isint he living with his dad anyway?and don’t feel bad about being annoyed, the kid sounds like a **** , not you.

mrB 05-06-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16461180)

You dont sound like a **** at all. You sound like a good person helping out a sick woman. Feel for the kid but his behaviour is unacceptable.

N Herts Eagle 05-06-2022 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16461736)
Steps are my nemesis at the moment. I can probably make most (except tube ones) but am in a state after using them so often use the lift if available. I'm getting used to the funny looks a visually fit bloke gets when using the lift at stations etc. I am also a bit inclined now to give up my bus seat to all but the most needy despite no apparent disabilities.

The hidden disability issue you do get looks. I am probably to blame in some way i try very hard to avoid showing anything. Unless absolutely necessary i dont use a walking stick. If I am struggling romantically link arms with the wife. I very rarely drive which is evidenced in the lack of miles since the last service. Great on saving money i top the car up once a month moaning about the rise in petrol prices month on month. The wife does virtually all the driving now. Chances are it will be all in the next few months. I could get a Blue Badge but keep avoiding it. Its like giving in.

LN1 05-06-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16461823)
I could get a Blue Badge but keep avoiding it. Its like giving in.

A few years back my GP asked if I wanted to be registered disabled due to my hearing issues and refused it point blank as didn't want to a burden. I would probably think the same if I got physically worse some other way.

Isle of Wight 05-06-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16461562)

That’s because as we get older a normal lift becomes the equivalent of a funfair ride with old folk joy riding for free. ;)

Isle of Wight 05-06-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 16455899)
Exactly this. In my local park you often see poo bags hanging on the fence for the basketball court or the shrubs nearby. Scummers.

As a dog owner I can only think it’s a forgetting thing. I mean why would you go to the trouble of having a bag picking up and then hanging out the way. Maybe they don’t want to carry it around and expect to pick up on the way back.

Worse I followed a car with one on its back windscreen wiper the other day. Every corner and round about my heart was in my mouth !