CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 06-06-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16464554)
Airlines Happy to take your money book loads of people on flights then cant cope with the volume and blame everyone else

Sounds like Liverpool fans...

ms21 06-06-2022 05:06 PM

Tube strikes

Oldtown Eagle 06-06-2022 10:24 PM

Summer evenings. Vastly overrated. Nearly 10pm and still not dark. When it’s hot, let’s be honest everyone has had enough by 6pm. Drinking beer in the sun just gives you a headache and most bbq are rubbish, unless there is a tuna steak on the go. Pink or charcoal sausages and burgers, wasps on the dessert, uninspiring and limp salads. Kids up when they should be tucked up in bed. No football, just cricket and Wimbledon where nobody has a clue who the players are outside the top three seeds. 99 percent of people showing far too much of their bodies that is acceptable or appropriate. Give me a lovely long cosy winter evening with dark, warm, sweet beer and stew with dumplings and a jam rolls polly.

art malice 06-06-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 16465446)
Summer evenings. Vastly overrated. Nearly 10pm and still not dark. When it’s hot, let’s be honest everyone has had enough by 6pm. Drinking beer in the sun just gives you a headache and most bbq are rubbish, unless there is a tuna steak on the go. Pink or charcoal sausages and burgers, wasps on the dessert, uninspiring and limp salads. Kids up when they should be tucked up in bed. No football, just cricket and Wimbledon where nobody has a clue who the players are outside the top three seeds. 99 percent of people showing far too much of their bodies that is acceptable or appropriate. Give me a lovely long cosy winter evening with dark, warm, sweet beer and stew with dumplings and a jam rolls polly.

:lux::lux:

Terrace Bickle 06-06-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

I agree, apart from spring and autumn are by far the best seasons and you need to wait until your charcoal is grey before you start to BBQ.[emoji6]

Isle of Wight 06-06-2022 11:04 PM

That Poundland Cadbury’s chocolate are a square less per bar in a 4 pack vrs the £1 ones from Asda

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-06-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Miserable old git :D

ozzieEagle 07-06-2022 06:28 AM

Quote:

LOL...One of the few things about the UK is those long summer evenings and why I generally always visit around June and July.

As for annoyances...UK wasps aka European which arrived here en masse in the 70s

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-06-2022 07:39 AM

Thought the cold would have killed them off.

Oldtown Eagle 07-06-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16465502)
Miserable old git :D

Spot on. :supergrin:

ceeby 07-06-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Miserable old git indeed.

I do however, agree with you 100% :lux::lux:

ozzieEagle 07-06-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16465562)
Thought the cold would have killed them off.

Wish they had... Saw Blow Flies today, in 8C bloody weather!! Inside a house though....bastards...

big bad John 07-06-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 16465529)

As for annoyances...UK wasps aka European which arrived here en masse in the 70s

They arrived en masse, here in the States, off the Mayflower in 1620. ;)

Hedgehog 07-06-2022 11:52 PM

Could post this on the Facebook thread I guess…

Find it annoying that “friends” post cryptic messages on their pages that leave you with questions, and then other “friends” of theirs post equally cryptic messages because they are in the know.

I appreciate you should not blab all over Facebook your problems for all to see, so use the private message or email to tell your close friends… don’t post in code!

Maidstoned Eagle 08-06-2022 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16467984)
Could post this on the Facebook thread I guess…

Find it annoying that “friends” post cryptic messages on their pages that leave you with questions, and then other “friends” of theirs post equally cryptic messages because they are in the know.

I appreciate you should not blab all over Facebook your problems for all to see, so use the private message or email to tell your close friends… don’t post in code!

It's attention seeking.

biggus mickus 08-06-2022 05:12 AM

When the wife brings you tea in bed and tells you its half six. Its really five, and she was awake. She is awake, we are all awake. Dogs are well confused.

bubbs11 08-06-2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16468128)
It's attention seeking.

I was just about to post the exact same.

Facebook is the narcissists paradise.

Maidstoned Eagle 08-06-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16468204)
I was just about to post the exact same.

Facebook is the narcissists paradise.

I usually respond to their crap with a "U ok hun, pm me"

Sharkba1t 08-06-2022 07:04 AM

Every time I get my work suit cleaned, and it’s neat and well pressed, I get caught in the rain the first time I wear it. And from then on till it’s next cleaning it looks a baggy mess.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 08-06-2022 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16468245)
Every time I get my work suit cleaned, and it’s neat and well pressed, I get caught in the rain the first time I wear it. And from then on till it’s next cleaning it looks a baggy mess.

Is that you Boris ?