CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

RazorsEdge 17-06-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488005)
They don't have links in them, but I bet if I was to reply saying "I think you have the wrong person" all hell would let loose.

I would assume so.

I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp.

I just ring and text :(

Hedgehog 17-06-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16488010)
I would assume so.

I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp.

I just ring and text :(

The only reason I have WhatsApp is a couple of friends in England asked me to get it/use it rather than using iMessinger (or Messages - is that the same thing?).

I believe they were getting charged per text to use Messages, whereas WhatsApp is free to use for them.

Personally it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but if it's better for them, I'm happy to use it.

RazorsEdge 17-06-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488021)
The only reason I have WhatsApp is a couple of friends in England asked me to get it/use it rather than using iMessinger (or Messages - is that the same thing?).

I believe they were getting charged per text to use Messages, whereas WhatsApp is free to use for them.

Personally it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but if it's better for them, I'm happy to use it.

That makes sense :)

strawberry mivi 17-06-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16486954)
Carbs??? Most be an old one. I thought if you simply left them for 10 mins they sorted themselves out or is that an old wives tale?

They do... but you have to recognise that is the problem and not something electrical, like the fuel pump, or a blockage etc.
Once i'd given up cranking it and let it rest it eventually started.
(Still learning how to deal with 3L of Triumph V8 :p)

CT_Palace 18-06-2022 03:04 AM

Neighbours

KYLIE MINEAGLE 18-06-2022 03:33 AM

They have stopped making it. Home and Away is still going.

Hedgehog 19-06-2022 07:02 PM

When you use the "Contact Us" feature of a company or organizations website to ask a question, and they send you back an answer that does not answer your question, and in fact boarders on irrelevant.

And that is if they respond at all!

Isle of Wight 19-06-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16491595)
When you use the "Contact Us" feature of a company or organizations website to ask a question, and they send you back an answer that does not answer your question, and in fact boarders on irrelevant.

And that is if they respond at all!

Yep those “AI” auto responses and chat bots

cross_eyed_ed 19-06-2022 07:29 PM

The term "batters" as insisted upon by the MCC this season. It really gets my back up.

churley1988 19-06-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16488005)
They don't have links in them, but I bet if I was to reply saying "I think you have the wrong person" all hell would let loose.

It was me, just catching up to see how you are!

Hedgehog 19-06-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churley1988 (Post 16491719)
It was me, just catching up to see how you are!

I'm doing fine honey! See you at the next party... :rolleyes:

Chillo 19-06-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16491695)
The term "batters" as insisted upon by the MCC this season. It really gets my back up.

Not just MCC, wall-to-wall on 5live.

JJ 20-06-2022 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16488010)
I think I am the only person who has no WhatsApp. (

I don't have it either. Relatives keep telling me to get it, and the football club puts out announcements on it, which is a pain in the arse, but I think I'll survive without it.

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16492150)
I don't have it either. Relatives keep telling me to get it, and the football club puts out announcements on it, which is a pain in the arse, but I think I'll survive without it.

I asked my mate in the UK if he got charged for when I texted him using the Apple Messenger. He said he didn't, and then he started using WhatsApp to text me...

A bit confused really... do you get charged to use Messenger, or is it an Apple to Apple thing verses, Apple to Android or Samsung etc. that incurs cost?

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 03:49 AM

Why do I keep getting Everton and West Ham news on my Facebook home page?

Reps AJ 20-06-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16492154)
I asked my mate in the UK if he got charged for when I texted him using the Apple Messenger. He said he didn't, and then he started using WhatsApp to text me...

A bit confused really... do you get charged to use Messenger, or is it an Apple to Apple thing verses, Apple to Android or Samsung etc. that incurs cost?

Can you send someone on Android a message via Messenger? Does it turn into a text message if they're not on Apple?

My main use for What's App is group chat, not one-to-one texts

Jim Cannon 20-06-2022 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed (Post 16491695)

I am not even a cricket fan and it winds me up too:D

MFBias 20-06-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16492154)

One is a text message the other is an instant message.

I think Blackberry started the concept of phone to phone instant messages that were free. If on Iphone, your messages will be blue if they are going to another Iphone and therefore free, they will be green if going to another phone manufacturer and be classes as a text message rather than an instant message, also they will take longer to send.

Whatsapp was novel that you were able to do international calls for free over wifi. Also whatsapp had the concept of threads, groups and various other forms of multimedia being sent all for free rather than concern about having to pay £1 for a picture message. I believe whatsapp is another step in the way people communicate. For me now a call out of the blue, or a missed call not followed by a message not stating the reason for the call is poor etiquette, this changed for me when messaging became something different due to whatsapp. Also the death of voicemail is linked.

Hedgehog 20-06-2022 03:51 PM

^ Thanks.

I always get a bit confused by the green or blue texts - can never remember which is which.

I have the feature switched on my phone that if the call if not from one of my contacts it goes straight to voice mail. Had it switched on for about 3 months and so far I think one person has left a message - and that was a sales pitch.

Herr Colonpharter 21-06-2022 10:56 AM

Nosey neighbours . . . when one of mine gets mail for me in error, not content with just popping it through my door they ring the bell to explain and then hand it over. WTF?

Just like the old bint in the Sun Life commercial