CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

mrgins 03-11-2016 02:29 PM

People who repeat themselves

Nostrils 03-11-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13296375)
Indeed IOW - Surely they all get their info from the met office.

It seems Accuweather get their info from our very own PHIL BARBER (No offence PHIL).

Jim Cannon 03-11-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13295500)
EPL.

Feck off.

Totally

Chris K 03-11-2016 04:06 PM

PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE THAT SPEAK LOUDER INTO THE PHONE THAN WHEN THEY HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE IN PERSON

may9132 03-11-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fioreuk (Post 13296449)
What's your rationale in doing this then? Interested to know why some feel the need to do this. With most here I'm assuming it's wanting everyone to know how important they are so would be good to hear an alternative reason.

ive thought about it and it honestly isn't that, i really don't know.

andyocpfc 03-11-2016 05:13 PM

People that drop LOUD hints when on the phone to publicise that they have wealth or expensive possessions.

Chocky 03-11-2016 05:15 PM

People who repeat others
People who repeat others
Then repeat themseves

I got talking to an old fella in my Mum's care home as I thought I would introduce her to him and his wife, what a mistake. Seriously, he asked me my name, my Mum's name, told me his name, asked me where I was from and told me where he was from every single minute over and over during the 5 or so minutes I spoke to him (which seemed like an hour), whilst trying to think of an excuse to do a runner. His wife just sat there and said nothing except 'I'm Scottish as well', and the poor old bugger thought Croydon Airport was still London Airport.

At least the conversation was livened up halfway through by my Mum telling some other woman passing by to F*CK OFF after she jokingly asked if she wanted her to look after Mum's Kit Kat for her.

Wolfnipplechips 03-11-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13297251)
People that drop LOUD hints when on the phone to publicise that they have wealth or expensive possessions.

There are one or two on here who continually do this too.
:S:

Jim Cannon 03-11-2016 07:54 PM

People who listen to talksport, but refer to it as Talkshite. If you think it's shite why are you listening to it, and telling us about it?

saxoneagle 03-11-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 13296447)
This has already been mentioned before.

Picture a set of traffic lights at a crossroads. Two lanes. Right hand lane is straight on and right. Left hand land is straight on or left.

One person sat in the right hand lane. Not indicating. Pull up behind him to go straight on. Large queue of traffic forms behind me, and in the left hand lane.

Lights turn green. Car in front edges forward and then proceeds to indicate right.

The rage at this point is uncontrollable.

Or just people who don't indicate, generally. Wankers.

Reps AJ 04-11-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13297785)

Or the ****wits that do manage to indicate.... but only when they're actually turning the corner.

The lights are called indicators not alreadydoingors

art malice 04-11-2016 09:36 AM

Barely sleeping yet having loads of sleep in my eye

stinky 04-11-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13297785)

I believe I started a whole thread dedicated to that a while ago

Kylie_Tracey 04-11-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13297511)
People who listen to talksport, but refer to it as Talkshite. If you think it's shite why are you listening to it, and telling us about it?

if you like sport and want to listen to a sports radio station all day than there is a very limited choice, R5L or whatever its called is hopeless and is having a discussion on the EU membership,R5SX is broadcasting a woman's hockey tournament ATM from Kazakhstan, the choice is very feeble indeed.

saxoneagle 04-11-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 13298153)
I believe I started a whole thread dedicated to that a while ago

Probably... you do repeat yourself ;)

Skiddo 04-11-2016 01:42 PM

People that refer to football clubs with some lame, juvenile, play on words nickname.

Chavski
Manure
Spuds
Smallwall
Wet Spam
Citeh (don't even get this at all?)

But surely the worst one of all is Luvapoo.

It's making my skin crawl just typing that out.

Polak 04-11-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 13296447)
This has already been mentioned before.

Picture a set of traffic lights at a crossroads. Two lanes. Right hand lane is straight on and right. Left hand land is straight on or left.

One person sat in the right hand lane. Not indicating. Pull up behind him to go straight on. Large queue of traffic forms behind me, and in the left hand lane.

Lights turn green. Car in front edges forward and then proceeds to indicate right.

The rage at this point is uncontrollable.

Bang on. Absolutely hate this. Lots of gesticulation at that point

Polak 04-11-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey (Post 13298266)
if you like sport and want to listen to a sports radio station all day than there is a very limited choice, R5L or whatever its called is hopeless and is having a discussion on the EU membership,R5SX is broadcasting a woman's hockey tournament ATM from Kazakhstan, the choice is very feeble indeed.

I call it talkshite and a lot of the time the choice is limited like you say so that's what I listen to. Plus listening to it makes me angry which being a miserable old bastard is quite important.

Stellavista 04-11-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 13298674)
People that refer to football clubs with some lame, juvenile, play on words nickname.

Citeh (don't even get this at all?)

It's supposed to be an approximation of a Manc accent if you say it aloud.

DaveTuttles 04-11-2016 03:02 PM

Yeah its really not hard to figure out