Thread: Discussion: Ainsley Maitland-Niles
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 09:14 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
To be honest ORP, rather strangely for me to say that a club destined for relegation WBA have some very decent players that can be up for grabs, i.e (GK)Johnstone, (RWB) Furlong, (LWB) Townsend as you mentioned (CB's) Ajeyi and Bartley, Midfield= Pereira, Gallagher, and there is another who's name i cant think of, and Up Front i like that big new African Centre Forward who looks capable and will be a bigger threat next season i feel.
Which makes it baffling as to why they still struggle even having football's Houdini in charge of them, yet he has not been able to lift them.
Havenít you left their best player since He arrived out? The Turkish midfielder?

I also think you have to consider that some of those players you are listing are not good enough. If they are all as good as you suggest then they wouldnít be stranded in the relegation slot despite having had two experienced Managers.

We donít need a first choice keeper and so I would probably only look at the Turkish guy as an option. Pereira looks great in the highlights reel but whenever I have watched him for the 90 mins he has been less impressive. Good age though and maybe I have been very unlucky with the games I have seen but itís quite a few recently and he loses the ball in difficult areas. Also do we need another AM? We need to fix the rest of the team to be able to use an AM or itís a waste of cash. I donít think we have midfield that can cope with Eze and Pereira today. As posted elsewhere I am not convinced as some by Gallagher, Bartley etc. And so would just take the Turkish guy although price may have gone up now I guess.