View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 01:48 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I remember going to Barnsley away around Feb/March. They had a start striker at the time (can't remember his name) and it was billed at the match up between him and Wright. We drew 1-1 and at the time I thought any chance we had of making a promotion bid had pretty much disappeared.
That Barnsley game was actually the first in that run of 15 at the end of the season that I mentioned. A hard earned point, and we followed it up with 8 wins in the next 9 to get the momentum going (the only defeat being Shrewsbury!). The Barnsley player might have been David Currie, he scored quite a few goals for them which earned him a big money move to Forest, where things didn't work out.

Shrewsbury finally went down that year, winning only 8 of their 46 games. But they still took 4 points off us.