View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:38 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I suppose an impartial observer would say that Coppell's managerial career peaked too early. Given that he was still only in his late 30s when he first resigned from Palace, but with a number of years of success and experience behind him, he should have been destined for the very top. Of course he had a very solid career with successful spells at other clubs, particularly Reading, but he never achieved as much as I hoped and expected he would. Maybe that ill fated spell at Manchester City put the biggest clubs off.

Anyway I forgot to update on new entries into the top ten for week ending 6 April. Although you may prefer me not to have bothered anyway - there was only one, and it was an out and out stinker:

Snap! Megamix by Snap! - A cynical ploy to cash in by recycling their small handful of hits to date into a weak compilation. A surprising number of the great British public were gullible enough to fall for it, it scraped to number 10 and then faded from view.

The following week's chart action was considerably more interesting with no fewer than six new entries, so we will come to that in a few days.