View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 01:54 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
If need be they could host the London games across Wembley, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham. No away fans, clubs get 20k seats to sell as they please and there'd be plenty of room.
I had a look at this based on a conversation I was having with some mates. I came up with the idea of splitting the sides into geographic regions and basically then saying to clubs, you can either say to clubs play at your own stadiums, or, if you would like to then you can come to an agreement with a local other team.

So, all London clubs could if they wanted too nominate Spurs' Stadium - causing a logistical nightmare, but, the more likely scenario is that the majority of teams would just deal with it. For some clubs, Leeds/Southampton/Newcastle there isn't another "local" side that they could effectively use.

But, for the majority of Premier League sides the capacity normally of 30,000+ is ample when looking at the numbers for socially distant crowds. It is only Burnley, us, Fulham and West Brom that have capacities lower than 30,000.

I would potentially say that Fulham would want to ground-share for a season due to the work being done on the Riverside Stand but, beyond that I don't see anything else unless clubs are forced into local bubbles.

That then leads into a whole other issue because if you do that for the Premier League, would you do it for the Championship, and if yes, would you for League 1 and 2 as well?

For the Premier League, the logistical North/South split would be insane. You have:

6 London teams
Brighton & Southampton on the South Coast
3 West Midlands teams - Villa/WBA/Wolves
Leicester
The two Yorkshire clubs in Leeds and Sheffield United
Everton/Liverpool, Man. C./Man. U. and Burnley
Then Newcastle.

I can only think of is a 12/8 split, so, all of your London teams + Brighton, Southampton, Leicester, Villa, WBA & Wolves in the South group. Then your North group of Everton, Liverpool, Man. U., Man. C., Burnley, Leeds, Sheffield U. & Newcastle.

Southern games played at Wembley and Northern games played at Old Trafford

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!