Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 11:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am a big fan of his but like all the Beatles they seem to be able to write about 6 decent songs per album and the other 6 or 7 are just average. McCartney was always the worst at that and some of his solo stuff is really poorly written. I understand he is the type of person who likes to writes a song in one day and on some of his stuff it sounds to me like the song should have been worked on more and maybe he would have been more accomplished had he written 2 albums and then had someone take the best from both and made 1 album.
I kind of feel the same with the White Album, they should have made it a single rather than a double and worked or dropped the lesser tracks for a later album, although a number of tracks being developed during the White Album ended up in Let it Be and Abbey Road.
Always felt that about Macca’s solo output. I think both Paul and John missed the other in terms of objective editor and critique of each other’s offerings.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m