Thread: Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 05:54 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
Saw him twice in the late sixties in tooting. The second time was on the day Brian Epstein ( his manager) died. I saw the first show; the second was cancelled. Support was the crazy world of Arthur brown. Mad!
Looking at another thread on the death earlier this year of Phil May, one of the founders of the Pretty Things, I found a live concert they did of their classic album S.F. Sorrow at Abbey Road.

Arthur Brown was the narrator. The guy is 78 and touring next year.

Regarding Jimi, I recall a guy at school lending me Jimi's Are You Experienced album and the Beatles Sgt Pepper. I played them on my granddad's record player (we lived in the same house) one hot sunny afternoon. Played the Beatles first which was amazing and then Jimi. That was just another dimension and blew everything else away that I had heard up to then. Certainly one of the greatest debut albums ever.

3 years later I had just started work and saw the headline on an evening papers board that he was dead.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)