View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I do see where you are coming from, but your examples dont compare really. Football has a deep cultural significant over centuries, linked to the geographical make up of England and it’s traditions. Im not saying that government should get involved but a band splitting up doesnt even come close as a comparison.

The only argument I can see for government involvement is that this is something so culturally significant, so opposed by the entire population and so glaringly wrong as things go, to deem it their jurisdiction. I dont know enough about government to really say and I know that we are a liberal country and dont get involved in business, but that is always the argument, is this a business or ‘the people’s game’... it was robbery and unprecedented.
There are implications that would be of concern to the govt for example :
how much does the exercise that people get from football at schools and grass roots level contribute to the health of the nation,

how much does football contribute to the economic success of the country eg does English football screened around the world increase the country as a tourist destination to visit, or help other UK brands gain more traction

How important is football club as a focal point in a community and how does that improve community cohesion to say nothing of the work that bigger clubs like Everton, Man City and Palace do to improve their communities

How much does young people’s involvement in football keep them out of trouble and give positive role models

So I think there is a case for govt seeing football in a bigger context and wanting to ensure it’s long term sustainability

Last edited by Hazbaz; 24-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.