View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Lurker

sirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is heresirdougie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I do see where you are coming from, but your examples dont compare really. Football has a deep cultural significant over centuries, linked to the geographical make up of England and it’s traditions. Im not saying that government should get involved but a band splitting up doesnt even come close as a comparison.

The only argument I can see for government involvement is that this is something so culturally significant, so opposed by the entire population and so glaringly wrong as things go, to deem it their jurisdiction. I dont know enough about government to really say and I know that we are a liberal country and dont get involved in business, but that is always the argument, is this a business or ‘the people’s game’... it was robbery and unprecedented.

A better example is owning a listed building as a private individual. Yes you can make some modifications, but there are guidelines over what you can and can’t do.

One could argue that football clubs are intangible heritage assets to the UK and similar guidelines could be put in place.