View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
I donít think the NHS is all that great and I donít understand why it is considered a national religion.

I agree with the popular opinion that it has a lot of hard working and dedicated staff. But I think the capacity of its hospitals, standard of care, availability of services and waiting times isnít that great. Itís a better health system than what is in the U.S. but probably worse than what is in most of Europe.

I also find the love for it a bit weird. I doubt that any other country, when hosting the Olympics, would devote a section of the opening ceremony to their health service.

Most importantly, I think that the love of the NHS can blind us to its faults and prevent improvements from happening when and where they are needed.

The special care baby units are great.Thatís probably the most in-depth experience Iíve had with it outside of the odd broken nose, infection etc, oh and the snip.

The Mrs has had some unpleasant experiences so may agree with you, but for the SCBU alone I think itís amazing.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...