Thread: Discussion: Ainsley Maitland-Niles
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:14 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
You make it sound like they’re the champions elect.

Ajeyi is a Championship CB playing in the Premier League, Bartley isn’t much better. The big bloke they signed upfront in Jan looks awful, completely out of hIs depth. They have a couple of good players but there is a reason they’re getting relegated and will struggle to make 25 points.

Allardyce is known for his teams being defensively strong and he couldn’t get it to work at West Brom because the players aren’t good enough at this level.
I hear what you say about making them sound like champions elect especially when i had predicted before the season had even begun that WBA, Sheffield Utd and Fulham would be relegated. Teams do struggle when the rot sets in as we saw with Sheffield Utd last season outstanding and this? i felt WBA have players who could/should have done better as we saw recently at Chelsea they are capable of doing so, and especially when the canny SA took over i expected better.
You mention Ajeyi, yes he has gone off the boil recently but for the early part of the season looked a very commanding ball playing centre back and was also being rated by many pundits. As for Bartley, surely you must have been impressed by his commanding performances recently especially in a struggling defence? this is a player who i rated going back to his early days at Arsenal and one i still rate eventhough playing in struggling teams for several years. We need to re-access our centre backs this summer and Bartley at 29 and premiership proven plus on a free, surely will add a lot to our ageing and injury prone defence would you not say? I would have him.